PDA

View Full Version : My Update.

Patrick
12-03-2004, 09:40 PM
I just wanted to take the time to let you know whats going on. As most of you know I have been in treatment for Alcohol. As you can tell from my Sig. Thanks Mary!!! :bunny2: :bagpipe3:

Things were going pretty good. As of last Sunday I was at 51 days. But unfortunatly I slipped. Why? I could make a thousand excuses. But I wont. All I know is I am back to day 1. Again. And with a new determination.

Why do post this thread? And tell everyone about how I failed at this first attempt. A friend who I have only met once but whom I have kidded around with here on the forum encourgead me to do this. You DA MAN!!! And he made this point and it has been stated before. We may agrue here from time to time and the boss needs to keep everything civil. But this is more than just a Forum. Its special.

I just want to say THANK YOU to you all!!! I hope in someway I can repay the courage and hope that you have givin me. To keep moving on again.

Thanks and take care,
Patrick.

MM03MOK
12-03-2004, 09:53 PM
The good news is you're back on the Road, Patrick. You're goal is Today, everyday. Keep on smiling and know that it's OK to reach out for help.

stevengerard
12-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Good luck stay strong, I just started my diet for the 462 time today.

the_pack_rat
12-03-2004, 11:14 PM
One day at a time.

Good luck & be strong.

Eric

DEFYANT
12-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Hang in there man!

bigslim
12-03-2004, 11:50 PM
I know it is hard. I had a brother that went through the same thing. We are all here for you.

teamrope
12-03-2004, 11:51 PM
You can do it! just don't give up and don't beat yourself up if you slip once in a while. :)

RF Overlord
12-04-2004, 07:35 AM
just don't give up and don't beat yourself up if you slip once in a while. :)

^^^what he said^^^

It happens to the best of us...it does NOT make you a failure...don't dwell on it, just tell yourself you'll do better this time... ;)

SergntMac
12-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Patrick...That was yesterday, get started on tomorrow.

Haggis
12-04-2004, 08:05 AM
Patrick I know what you are going through I have been there myself. I will make a birthday wish for you today to keep you strong in your vow to quit drinking. Here is an Irish Blessing for you.

"May the road rise up to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the Sun shine warm upon your face,
the rain fall softly on your fields and until me meet again
may God hold you in the palm of His hand."

MarauderMark
12-04-2004, 08:09 AM
It's cool budd , Poo happens! Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY AS WELL!!!Look i said it before i'll say it again if you need some to shoot the poo with , i mean talk about anything just occupy your time just pm me and i'll give you my phone number..Call anytime , ANYTIME!!!! I 've been there(not alcohol but addiction is the same)done that .ONE DAY @ A TIME BUDDY! KIK BUTT!!!

SouLRioT
12-04-2004, 08:21 AM
As you already know, knowing you have a problem is the hardest part. You will over come and defeat it.

martyo
12-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Good Luck Patrick!

CRUZTAKER
12-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Well....was it worth it? :fishslap:

I bet not.

Today you're sober, and that's a good deal.

Tough love baby, and you know you're loved.:)

Patrick
12-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks Everyone! And Barry no it wasnt! I got to remember what a Hang over felt like. :puke: :puke: . Just drying out this weekend. Day 2 and holding up so far. Going to try and go to work at my sometimes parttime job. Just to get out of the house and put my mind on other things for the afternoon.

For anyone who is suffering from addictions or anything I just want to pass this little bit of advice to you. You are never alone. I am learning this slowly, one day at a time. Just Keep the faith no matter how hard it gets.

Gordon have a great and happy birthday my friend!!

Petrograde
12-04-2004, 10:09 AM
my big vice is smoking.... but I know I have to want it 100% Right now I only want it 90%. When I get to 100% I'll quit and be done with it.

Good luck Patrick, don't worry,... you'll get there.

One day at a time brutha! :up:

TheDealer
12-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Patrick, you can beat it. What happened is done, look to the future. One day at a time. We're all pulling for you!!! RAY :banana:

Al Goguen
12-04-2004, 11:37 AM
The Best of wishes for your success. I know where your coming from.
With GODs grace and your willingness to admit your frailities you will
succeed...... :banana2:

Krytin
12-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Patrick,
It's pretty much all been said - you know the "Marauder safety net" is always there for you!
Paul

ncmm
12-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Patrick, we're here for you! Hang tough!

My new addiction. . .my SB MM and DHG BM, they love Zaino!

chicago_cop
12-04-2004, 02:18 PM
I just wanted to take the time to let you know whats going on. As most of you know I have been in treatment for Alcohol. As you can tell from my Sig. Thanks Mary!!! :bunny2: :bagpipe3:

Things were going pretty good. As of last Sunday I was at 51 days. But unfortunatly I slipped. Why? I could make a thousand excuses. But I wont. All I know is I am back to day 1. Again. And with a new determination.

Why do post this thread? And tell everyone about how I failed at this first attempt. A friend who I have only met once but whom I have kidded around with here on the forum encourgead me to do this. You DA MAN!!! And he made this point and it has been stated before. We may agrue here from time to time and the boss needs to keep everything civil. But this is more than just a Forum. Its special.

I just want to say THANK YOU to you all!!! I hope in someway I can repay the courage and hope that you have givin me. To keep moving on again.

Thanks and take care,
Patrick.

Thanks for sharing that with us. Life is made richer by sharing; whatever it may be. We will keep you in our prayers. One day at a time life is great. Thanks to all who make this web site what it is.

jgc61sr2002
12-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Patrick - We are all pulling for you. Good luck. You can do it.

studio460
12-04-2004, 07:33 PM
my big vice is smoking.... but I know I have to want it 100% Right now I only want it 90%. When I get to 100% I'll quit and be done with it.Petrograde:

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately, I'm still at 99%.

Patrick:

Hang in there, buddy. We got your back.

Tallboy
12-04-2004, 07:34 PM
if you fall down 7 times, stand up 8. even with an occasional slip, it seems you're still ahead of the game. all the best...:up:

rayjay
12-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Patrick, don't beat yourself up over a slip. Put one foot in front of the other and go forward, don't dwell on the past.

Marauder04
12-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Good Luck...Stay on Track....Wishing UUUU the best...

rayjay
12-04-2004, 07:48 PM
my big vice is smoking.... but I know I have to want it 100% Right now I only want it 90%. When I get to 100% I'll quit and be done with it.

Good luck Patrick, don't worry,... you'll get there.

One day at a time brutha! :up:
I'm at 99.8% Patches are in the closet.

cruzer
12-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Yesterday, you can't change, today you can enjoy, and tomorrow,the whole world awaits you--stay strong--lean on your friends (us) and you WILL beat this problem-lived with it with my Dad and he beat it at the age of 60 and we had a great time--Hang in there---you are only human, Maury :) :) :)

drgnrdr33
12-04-2004, 10:33 PM
In my tough battles I have learned something that may help you too. When things get you down, look up to God. He is your Father and you are his child that he loves more than you (or any of us) realize. He will help if you just ask. If you have already asked, keep asking. Fancy words are not required, just a sincere expression of your need for help. The help may sometimes seem slow in coming, but it will come.

Bluerauder
12-05-2004, 06:51 AM
I just wanted to take the time to let you know whats going on. ... Patrick.
Good luck, Patrick and hang in there. You have lots of support on your journey from the members of the MM.Net. :)

MyTMerc
12-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Patrick, Kicking alcohol takes a lifetime. You're going to loose some small battles but with help, you'll win the war. Sorry for all the cliche' s but there's a reason they become cliche's. My brother slipped several times early and has been in charge for 15 years now. Stuff happens but be strong.

Take Care!
Shaun

Smokie
12-05-2004, 08:48 AM
Patrick, just do your best and know that we care, God cares and you do matter, you are important, we are on your side. Javier.

Patrick
12-05-2004, 10:03 AM
And smoking is on my list also. But lets not try both!!!!

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I start the Intensive treatmeant program. For 5 weeks its just me and recovery. If one thing I havent learned I have learned now, humility. And I cant do it alone. So thanks for letting me share all of this with you.
Patrick

MYSTA KANG
12-06-2004, 01:37 AM
THE GOOD THING ABOUT THIS IS YOUR MENTAL STRENGTH. wHO SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE EASY. EVERYTIME YOU GET THE URGE TRY LOGGING INTO THE FORUM AND ASK TO TALK TO SOMEONE. SUPPORT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET BEYOND ANYTHING. LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE YOU ARE SANE AND STILL PERFORM THE BASIC FUNCTIONS OF LIFE..........U KNOW TAKING A SHOWER, EATING PROPERLY, NOT DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE AND MOST OF ALL KEEPING A CLEAN MM. MAN I AM WILLING TO BET ITS OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM WHO ISNT AS STRONG AS YOU ARE AND ONLY WISH THEY COULD GO 51 DAYS. YOU WENT THAT LONG THIS TIME YOU WILL GO 352 DAYS. GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES WITH A SINCERE HEART AND ASK FOR HIS POWER TO HELP YOU.

Bradley G
12-06-2004, 05:58 AM
No cure, Patrick only hope and love.I'm going to celebrate 4 years in June.I had help from friends and family,dont be afraid to ask for help!The first days were rough,the urgeswill subside gradually.Keep up the good work;) Good luck with your treatment!
Remember the love and support you have from Your friends here and the people that count on you the most.
Bradley G

Patrick
01-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Well guys, its back to work in about one hour. Finally. Its day 38. And things are better. Just wanted to take a minute to thank to all of you for being their for me!!! Without faith, meetings and all of you life is geeting better again. Not great but better.

Pray for me, If all goes well thier will be no blood shed tonight!! :lol: Check your late news and you will see if it was a good night or not!!!!! The postal thing!! :lol:

Thanks again, see ya at 3 am!!!!

wchain
01-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks again, see ya at 3 am!!!!

Play that Matchbox 20 song when you get home!

SouLRioT
01-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Hey Pat, keep on going. And next thing you'll know it will be day 365.

rayjay
01-11-2005, 02:24 PM
DO NOT count time, take one day at a time and live it as though its your last. It works if you work it. I'm doing it now with cigarettes. With the patch and one minute at a time, no one has died... yet. I may be looking for ex wife #4 soon though...

jaywish
01-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Patrick,

I missed the original posting of this thread.

Day 38, good show!

Jay

LordVader
01-11-2005, 02:40 PM
:o Just want to say you are a brave man and your courage will help you get through this. We all support you and will keep you in our prayers.

Mike Poore
01-11-2005, 06:21 PM

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I start the Intensive treatmeant program. For 5 weeks its just me and recovery. If one thing I havent learned I have learned now, humility. And I cant do it alone. So thanks for letting me share all of this with you.
Patrick
I think it's those girls. You did better when you were hanging out with the cow.

Quit, Patrick, now and forever. We can all pray, and send you our best wishes, but it's up to you, and nobody but you is gonna do it.

MarauderMark
01-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Quit, Patrick, now and forever. it's up to you, and nobody but you is gonna do it.

Truer words spoken right here.Here's a little story , what the heck.I started smoking something when i was 11(everyone in the family did it).Then started cigs when i was 13.i allways smoked 7 to 10 something cigs a day. plus was up to 2 & 1/2 packs of cigs a day.I got a slight touch of the flu 3 yrs ago .it effected my lungs so bad that when i puffed a cig i thought i was going to throw up my brains.so i had no choice but to stop smokin.so i said to myself i made it through 1 day and if i made it this far then i wont touch a cig for 2 days .then 4 days , on the 4th day i knew i was kikin this habit.but those 1st 3 days were very adjitating.The rest is history time to lead a clean and straight life for once.It's all up to you my dad said i and i found out he was right.Great words Mike!!Keep up the strong mind Pat and you'll kik a$$..

prchrman
01-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Patrick...sorry I did not see the original post...but am praying now and am believing you can overcome...God bless and yes we are proud of you...everyone has problems...some just hide them...willie

mpearce
01-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Good luck Patrick! Just think about it this way if you can...

The more money you spend on the drink, the less money you have to mod the Marauder!

PM me anytime.

-Mat

Two Hawks
01-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Partick,

I can't add any more to what has already been said other than, you can add me to that list of your Marauder Brothers that are hoping and praying for you and here whenever the need arises.

Remember, your not :alone:

Patrick
01-12-2005, 03:21 AM
Thank you all!!! Turned into a 13 hr marathon!!! Time to crash. Thanks again!!!

Petrograde
01-12-2005, 03:26 AM

good idea! You'd go postal for sure! :rofl:

Hang in there man! We're all behind you!

-Tom

hitchhiker
01-12-2005, 06:45 AM
Best Wishes to you Patrick. We are all pulling for you!

Best Regards,

David

:)