N40GL
12-07-2004, 01:05 PM
The Psychology of Repetitive Reading
by A. K. Lee, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Psychology and Psychiatry
University Medical College
Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Introduction

Human beings can be induced to carry out many kinds of repetitive actions. In this experiment, the author asked 200 subjects to read a very repetitive essay. The essay consisted of a single paragraph repeated several times. Each subject was told beforehand that the essay was highly repetitive. The result was surprising. Ninety-two percent of the subjects read the essay completely from beginning to end.

The Experiment

Human beings can be induced to carry out many kinds of repetitive actions. In this experiment, the author asked 200 subjects to read a very repetitive essay. The essay consisted of a single paragraph repeated several times. Each subject was told beforehand that the essay was highly repetitive. The result was surprising. Ninety-two percent of the subjects read the essay completely from beginning to end.

Results and Discussion

Bluerauder
12-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Hey, he's right !!! I especially liked the conclusions. :rofl:

BruteForce
12-07-2004, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry. Could you repeat that? :P

duhtroll
12-07-2004, 02:13 PM
He's repeating himself. He's being redundant. He's saying the same thing over and over again. He's duplicating his original statement.

etc.

-A

favjr
12-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Reminds me of when I used to work for the Department of Redundancy Department.

Marauder57
12-07-2004, 03:26 PM
This is the part I really liked...fresh and innovative....

Marauder8
12-07-2004, 03:42 PM
interesting...........

Dr Caleb
12-07-2004, 03:57 PM
I heard that somewhere else before too . . .
:rolleyes: :shake:

duhtroll
12-07-2004, 04:40 PM
It's the Dept. of Redundancy Bureau and I am the CEO.

-A

Reminds me of when I used to work for the Department of Redundancy Department.

BruteForce
12-07-2004, 05:20 PM
To reinterate... he repeatedly said it over and over. Is there an echo in here... here... here... here... :sleepy:

hdwrench
12-07-2004, 06:59 PM
dprk? north korea... must have been filled with subliminal communist messages

merc406
12-07-2004, 08:28 PM
Department of Psychology and Psychiatry
University Medical College
Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Introduction

The Experiment

Results and Discussion

Get that from the Star or National E ? :)

CBT
12-07-2004, 08:33 PM
It's like Deja Vu all over again.