PDA

View Full Version : Herniated Disc Update

Ross
12-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Well, after careful consideration my choices, I had the steroid injections about a month ago. Doctor said not to expect any relief for a week, and it took about ten days to start feeling better. Sure enough, little by little I began to feel relief from the pain. We set up a second series of injections for yesterday. These injections are done under a flouroscope so that the doc can see exactly where the steroids are going, and take pictures of everything.
The pictures from the first injections showed a BIG herniation, with the steroids (one injection above the herniation and one below) not being able to reach all of the nerve because the herniation pushed out so far.
Yesterday, the pics showed almost complete shrinking of the herniated disc, and the steroids flowed from top to bottom uninterrupted across the nerve. The doctor told me in advance that this was the goal, but when he saw the pics yesterday, he said "Look at that! I can't believe it has shrunk that much!"
Needless to say, I am extremely happy thus far. Still a little pain, but only a fraction of what it was before. And no surgery in sight at this point.
Thanks to our Lord and Savior for His healing, and to all of my dear friends for their support and prayers.

prchrman
12-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Glad you are doing better Ross...do what the doctor says and believe God for the rest...he fills the gaps well...healed me of a bad back 10 years ago...willie

2003 MIB
12-08-2004, 12:05 PM
he said "Look at that! I can't believe it has shrunk that much!"
Needless to say, I am extremely happy thus far.
"Ya can't kill a man born to hang." - Bigfoot Wallace:D

I knew you come through this, Ross but I'm sure glad it was so soon.

Ross
12-08-2004, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=2003 MIB]"Ya can't kill a man born to hang." -

Funny, that's the same thing my lovely wife always tells me!

jgc61sr2002
12-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Ross - Happy to hear you are feeling better. :D

Bigdogjim
12-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Good news indeed Ross:):):)

A good shot never hurts!:up:

Patrick
12-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :high5: :high5:

teamrope
12-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Great to hear! Just keep doing what the doc says, God will do the rest. (And pray up!)

Haggis
12-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Glad to hear the good news Ross. Still praying for you, we want a complete recovery.