PDA

View Full Version : Iraq Update

Gunslinger
12-09-2004, 03:17 AM
The all too unwelcomed message came last month, my friends and I will remain here until March instead of January. November was a long month but we're getting by. I want to thank everyone for all of their support in both packages for the children of Iraq and emails. If you have any more you'd like to send please feel free. I'll be here forever, seemingly. Everything you send is greatly appreciated.

Also, one of my guys just came back from leave with the March copy of Car & Driver. That new Shelby Cobra looks incredible. I liked it even better than the Chrysler ME 4-12, or whatever they're calling it on the page before. If I got paid much much better than I do currently, I would most certainly own one. Looking at that only made me want to get back to my Marauder even sooner.

Hope all is well for everyone else and I look forward to seeing you all very soon.

danbike
12-09-2004, 03:23 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a safe return home. GOD SPEED!

martyo
12-09-2004, 03:45 AM
Clay: Todd and I discuss your status often. Be safe. Hurry home. Waffle House is on me when you get back!

Haggis
12-09-2004, 04:17 AM
Clay sorry to hear about your involuntary extended vacation. Then again USARMY stands for Uncle Sam Aint Released Me Yet. Thank you once again for putting your life on the line for our Freedom, we are all proud of you.

vpalhories
12-09-2004, 06:05 AM
Clay,

I'm a new resident of the United States (5 years). Reading your email gave me goose bumps. I cannot express to you and everyone fighting in Iraq how proud I am to be part of this country and how deeply thankful I am to you and everyone fighting in the name of freedom.

Thank you for keeping me safe and for putting your life on the line every day for this great country which I love more and more as each day goes by.

Patrick
12-09-2004, 06:47 AM
Glad to hear things are OK. During the first Gulf war people were getting extended too, sucks, but NOT forever, I enjoyed my 18 month tour in Korea, not the same still sucks. Keep the faith!!

jgc61sr2002
12-09-2004, 07:05 AM
Clay - Happy you found time to give an update. Stay safe, will be thinking of you .

Bluerauder
12-09-2004, 08:08 AM
The all too unwelcomed message came last month, my friends and I will remain here until March instead of January. November was a long month but we're getting by.
Clay, thanks for the update. :up: Lots of folks were extended to beef up the security for the upcoming elections. Hope that process goes well so that the SecDef doesn't have to add 3 more months. My son is caught in the same trap with the 1CD and he's expecting to come home in March 2005 as well. Take care, stay safe .... and remember that we support the efforts and sacrifices of you and your soldiers !!! :flag:

Ross
12-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Sorry to hear about the involuntary extension. But that gives us even more to thank all of you for! God bless you and all who are fighting for freedom.

NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY

LordVader
12-09-2004, 01:52 PM
:bs: Clay,

America is proud of you and the rest for all you are doing! The new Mustang is a pretty cool ride also, and they even have a commercial with Steve McQueen in it. The car mags are showing this Mustang will have tons of after-market accessories. Good luck and watch out for them sand spiders!