PDA

View Full Version : Big Dog Jim's Front Plate

TheDealer
12-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Jim told me a lot of you liked his front plate and I should post this. Ray :banana:

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/85/mm_front_plate_flyer600.jpg

Mike Poore
12-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Jim told me a lot of you liked his front plate and I should post this. Ray :banana: Ray, did he show you his new hitch cover? It was his reward for bringing my coil covers along to Haggas' BigBats doo..;)

TheDealer
12-09-2004, 06:02 PM
No, haven't seen him just PM's.

CRUZTAKER
12-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Thanks to BigDogJim...I have one as well.

Nice, very nice. :up:

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/627plate_Large_-med.jpg

Bigdogjim
12-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Hey just get a MM.net "national member sticker" (from Logan?) and place it on the hockey puck!

It looks real cool!!!!:):):)

the_pack_rat
12-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Eh.

I have a REAL NICE chrome Mercury emblem(hocky stick style) tag ...

Put it on the front of my MM driving home from MD to FL(removed dealer advertising type tag - DESPISE such things)... but HATED the fact it looked the same as the grill badge(was like 2 of the same thing stacked on top of each other - looked like absolute goofy S*** to be quite blunt).

I have something now that was SUPPOSED to only be TEMPORARY ... but looks quite PHAT on the front of a DTR MM. I wanted to do an actual MARAUDER type plate ... but I've kinda grown on this other thing.

Anyone want the chrome hockey puck schmuck AHEM - COUGH - COUGH .... hockey stick thang ?

lol

E

Bigdogjim
12-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Ray, did he show you his new hitch cover? It was his reward for bringing my coil covers along to Haggas' BigBats doo..;)

Mike I will post a picture as soon as I get it back :mad:
I let little Mike see it and he put it on the back of his work van :P
He is in Western New York this week :burnout:

All my fish vans have a hitch:up:

I will place this item on my F-150 :beer: Thanks Mike :up:

Paul T. Casey
12-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Alas, here in Rhode Island we are required to have 2 plates on the car. :alone:

CRUZTAKER
12-09-2004, 08:51 PM
We are too Paul, but it seems the Marauder gets all kind of "look the other way" bonuses.

Bigdogjim
12-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Alas, here in Rhode Island we are required to have 2 plates on the car. :alone:

Well you can always mount it in the back window:):):)

Rider90
12-10-2004, 04:35 AM
Chrome Plastic Plate? Can that exist? :rolleyes: :P
Looks sweet...

metroplex
12-10-2004, 11:43 AM
You should market it as the "cop laser target" plate because the reflective signature of that plate would probably make it a prime target for a cop using laser.

King Fubar
12-10-2004, 11:58 AM
I like it....wish I could get it with the Godshead though rather than the hockey sticks.

And the laser thing, chrome plate or not they're gonna get ya.....

metroplex
12-10-2004, 12:13 PM
While true, using the right materials will reduce the effective range of their laser. A chrome plate will make your car a much larger target at a farther distance than say: a matte black vehicle, with headlight covers with matte black surfaces, and all reflective materials removed. While it's not 100% laser proof, you reduce the effective range of the officer's laser enough that he absolutely has to hit your windshield (weather permitting).

The plate looks great nonetheless.