PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Blackwood, phase II

SergntMac
12-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Take a peek?

http://www.autosite.com/Previews/2006-lincoln-mark-lt.asp

TripleTransAm
12-18-2004, 09:57 AM
My prediction: a sales flop. The only way Lincoln can turn it around is to offer something unique or perhaps step up the marketing to a fever pitch, getting early copies in everyone's faces (like, in hip-hop videos, or perhaps releasing pre-pimped-out versions to cater to the bling crowd). Essentially, they'll have to out-bling the Escalade and its EXT version, and make it appear desirable and "in".

Otherwise, it's looking for those very few potential customers out there who are looking for a pickup they will never want to get dirty.

Petrograde
12-18-2004, 10:14 AM
hmm,... good lookin' truck. ... however... I'd need a functional truck.

only exception to that would be a Lightning.

Mike Poore
12-18-2004, 11:35 AM
hmm,... good lookin' truck. ... however... I'd need a functional truck. only exception to that would be a Lightning.
I don't know, guys. , I'd guess the same folks who bought Aviators, instead of Explorers would be the target customers. Our son, John saw Tasha's F-150 Super Crew at the CAM dyno day at Kauffmans, and came home & bought one the next week. It's a good vehicle and appeals to a wide audience, and I'll bet Lincoln's version is gonna sell. The Lincoln/Mercury dealers must be pleased at the announcement. What say, Ray? Any predictions? ;)

Silver_04
12-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Blasphemy! I can't believe they put the Mark name on this piece of garbage. Why didn't they call it the Lincoln Log Hauler LT? Bleh...

Patrick
12-19-2004, 08:15 AM
Blasphemy! I can't believe they put the Mark name on this piece of garbage. Why didn't they call it the Lincoln Log Hauler LT? Bleh...

Nice, but an over priced F-150!

FastMerc
12-19-2004, 08:32 AM
NOT Impressed F-150 with a new face and way to much of a price tag:puke:

Patrick
12-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Well maybe Lincoln will make the Lincoln Mark Marauder.... even if they did they would dropp the ball!!

CBT
12-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Look, all this thing really needs is a wing and some spinners...

jgc61sr2002
12-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Nice, but an over priced F-150!

I tend to agree. :(

ADE 1000
12-19-2004, 12:26 PM
My prediction: a sales flop.

I disagree. In contrast to the Blackwood, the Mark LT is a much more practical vehicle. It has 4WD and a useable bed, two things the Blackwood lacked. It also is priced very competitively, starting at $39,995. This puts it at about $10K less than an Escalade EXT.

I don't think it will sell like hotcakes, but I think it will be a moderate sucess for Lincoln. The investment from Fords side looks very minimal, nothing more than a grille, new wheels, and some trim items.

What I think of them using the Mark name on a pickup is another story. :puke:

Macon Marauder
12-19-2004, 04:14 PM
When I bought my '04 in March I talked to the salesman about the LT. He said they were excited about it and if FoMoCo could deliver for the target price of 10% premium above the F-150 it would be a huge success.

Looks like they missed the target. TOO EXPENSIVE!

Geo
12-19-2004, 04:27 PM
This can only be marketed as the latest pimp-mobile; which is great actually. Fat rims, Fat Stereo and perhaps the Galpin treatment!

G

ADE 1000
12-19-2004, 04:43 PM
When I bought my '04 in March I talked to the salesman about the LT. He said they were excited about it and if FoMoCo could deliver for the target price of 10% premium above the F-150 it would be a huge success.

Looks like they missed the target. TOO EXPENSIVE!

:confused:

If you compare the price of the Mark LT to a loaded up F-150 Lariat Super
Crew, it is about 10% more. Looks like they priced it right to me.

SergntMac
12-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Let's not forget Freud's spin on our native superego, and the "peacock" factor. People who would not be caught dead in a tricked out F-150, would bribe parade marshalls to get first place in a parade of Lincoln Mark LTs. We can't ignore this truth, it's human nature. After all, isn't a Marauder just a tricked out Crown Vic?

Mine is...

RCSignals
12-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Let's not forget Freud's spin on our native superego, and the "peacock" factor. People who would not be caught dead in a tricked out F-150, would bribe parade marshalls to get first place in a parade of Lincoln Mark LTs. We can't ignore this truth, it's human nature. After all, isn't a Marauder just a tricked out Crown Vic?

Mine is...

so true.

While I don't really understand Lincoln, or Cadillac, building trucks and SUVs, there obviously is an element of society that does.
Those who wouldn't be caught dead having their vehicle be a lowly "pickup" are buying Cadillac labelled Chevy pickups, and will be buying this Lincoln as well.

wchain
12-28-2004, 09:31 AM

Mine is...

I agree exactly. When Ford was doing market studies of what to market their hopped up Panther as, I think people liked Marauder better than the Town Car Type R. :puke:

cbala
12-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Ford needs a bigger V8 to compete with GM...

THE_INTERCEPTOR
12-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Otherwise, it's looking for those very few potential customers out there who are looking for a pickup they will never want to get dirty.

agreed.

Ford :nono:

jgc61sr2002
12-28-2004, 12:41 PM

Otherwise, it's looking for those very few potential customers out there who are looking for a pickup they will never want to get dirty.[/QUOTE]

Most SUV's don't go off road.

crowdog
12-28-2004, 01:30 PM
My prediction: a sales flop. The only way Lincoln can turn it around is to offer something unique or perhaps step up the marketing to a fever pitch, getting early copies in everyone's faces (like, in hip-hop videos, or perhaps releasing pre-pimped-out versions to cater to the bling crowd). Essentially, they'll have to out-bling the Escalade and its EXT version, and make it appear desirable and "in".

Well my dad ordered his on Thurs. to replace his loaded 04 F150 and it will be performing all the same duties as his F-150 like hauling our race cars,tools farm equipment,dogs ect... and our driveway is 1/4 mile long and gravel so ther is at least one Licoln truck that will be rode hard and put up wet and dirty.