PDA

View Full Version : Ford "Style"

Mad4Macs
12-19-2004, 03:14 AM
This hit's the nail on the head!
http://www.detnews.com/2004/insiders/0412/19/B01-36514.htm
I especially liked the comment on the Montego... how did Mercury go from building the Marauder, to a selling a car described as "profoundly geriatric ... like it was built with a swollen prostate. To drive this car is to feel the icy hand of death upon you .... There is no soul to this car, and it's about as sexy as going through your mother's underwear drawer."?
Nice work, FoMoCo.

Mike Poore
12-19-2004, 06:22 AM
This hit's the nail on the head!
http://www.detnews.com/2004/insiders/0412/19/B01-36514.htm
I especially liked the comment on the Montego... how did Mercury go from building the Marauder, to a selling a car described as "profoundly geriatric ... like it was built with a swollen prostate. To drive this car is to feel the icy hand of death upon you .... There is no soul to this car, and it's about as sexy as going through your mother's underwear drawer."?
Nice work, FoMoCo.Thanks for the link, Mad, very interesting prospective. I agree with him/them, about the new Mustang, it's scrumptious. ;)

Bradley G
12-19-2004, 07:33 AM
I was not suprised the "Head" guy is deffering the the responsible of bringing up the image ofthe car line up! except for the new mustang and GT40. Hey Ford, where's your soul?Did it go away? What plans do you have to resisitate your car lineup?

Don't give us excuses, we have heard them before!If you produce an attractive car you may start the damage control NOW!
Bradley G

Festus
12-19-2004, 09:01 AM
If Fords and Mercurys for the masses (not Mustangs and GTs) need passion, they need it now.

In other words, everything except the Mustang and GT lacks passion. The main reason the Mustang and GT have passion is that they were inspired by previous designs that had passion. Frankly, there is little "new" design in either. So I wouldn't credit their success to the current designers as much as the designers of the 1960's.

Eric