PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Voodoo Doll

hdwrench
12-23-2004, 07:36 PM
If someone has a voodoo doll in the form of my MM will you please quit sticking the needle in my driver side front tire.

3 days, 3 flats. 2 repairs, currently have a loaner tire until they can get the exact size tomorrow.

they showed me the tire today and it had like 10 or maybe more holes in the same tread about 2-3 inches apart. i think they are gonna try to get BFG to warranty it as a mgfr defect. 1600 miles on the car.

anyone heard of anythin like this before? or is this just my usual luck...?

Petrograde
12-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Damn,.. that weird.

a bunch of holes?.... hmm,.. and they didn't pull any nails or screws out?

:confused:

hdwrench
12-23-2004, 07:43 PM
i didnt ask them the first day if the found a nail or whatever... the 2nd time they said it was just a hole. today i saw them myself like a bunch of little pin holes all in the same tread.

Petrograde
12-23-2004, 07:47 PM
well,.. at least the problem should be fixed with a new tire.

I guess we'll find out if someone has a 'voodoo Marauder' if the new one leaks.

merc406
12-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Your in Texas, Red ants??

the_pack_rat
12-23-2004, 08:22 PM
First 2 weeks I had my MM - RR tire picks up a screw.

Takes me @ 2 weeks to get up the nerve to get it fixed(after reading how the wheels get ****** up by most).

Now the LR tire has fallen upon the SAME such thing.

Guess It'll take me till the 1st yr of the new yr till I get the nerve to get that fixed ...

Eric < --- doesn't appear they trashed the wheel w/the 1st repair.

hdwrench
12-23-2004, 08:27 PM
First 2 weeks I had my MM - RR tire picks up a screw.

Takes me @ 2 weeks to get up the nerve to get it fixed(after reading how the wheels get ****** up by most).

Now the LR tire has fallen upon the SAME such thing.

Guess It'll take me till the 1st yr of the new yr till I get the nerve to get that fixed ...

Eric < --- doesn't appear they trashed the wheel w/the 1st repair.
i actually had my first flat the 2nd day i had the car... passnger front. 3 flats in 3 days on drivers front seems more than coincidence, so hopefully they are gonna warranty it.

luckily no rim damage during repairs so far...

Patrick
12-23-2004, 10:20 PM
No problem here. Let us know what they find out. No Voodo here!!

dwasson
12-23-2004, 10:42 PM
Oh that was your Marauder. I'm sorry. It won't happen again.

David Morton
12-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Try to be observant on your daily commute and look for a house getting a new roof, a construction site or anything that says "Nail Country". Screws rarely penetrate and when they do they don't come out. Also, travel on heavier trafficked roads and keep your tires where everybody else does.

I haven't picked up a nail in years, but I keep a plugger kit in the glove box. Tire boys won't say it but they work well even in that "unpatchable" edge, until they don't and you just put in a new one. $2.95 at Wal-Mart for a twenty plug kit and $2 for cheap dykes to pull the nails. (Can I say dykes? :o )
:D

Bradley G
12-24-2004, 12:42 AM
:lol: :nono:
Oh that was your Marauder. I'm sorry. It won't happen again.

hdwrench
12-26-2004, 05:37 PM
discount tire gave me a brand new tire and said they'd work it out with BFG...

i had to pay to get it balanced, that was it.

Mike Poore
12-26-2004, 05:44 PM
Try to be observant on your daily commute and look for a house getting a new roof, a construction site or anything that says "Nail Country". Screws rarely penetrate and when they do they don't come out. Also, travel on heavier trafficked roads and keep your tires where everybody else does.

I haven't picked up a nail in years, but I keep a plugger kit in the glove box. Tire boys won't say it but they work well even in that "unpatchable" edge, until they don't and you just put in a new one. $2.95 at Wal-Mart for a twenty plug kit and $2 for cheap dykes to pull the nails. (Can I say dykes? :o )
:D
Boy, David, are we on the same wavelength. That's EXACTLY what I was gonna say. They put our new roof on late fall, 2003, and we're still picking up nails.:help:

hdwrench
12-26-2004, 05:46 PM
i have had 1 flat in 17 years prior to this... and due to the consistancy of the holes in the tread (with no nails etc) they are calling it a defect.

carfixer
12-26-2004, 05:59 PM
The local DTR FHP car has been in for 3 tires in less than 4 weeks, about 2k miles. All 3 times they had a screw in the center of the tread. FHP is not allowed to patch or plug a tire on any of their patrol cars. IMO, patching a tire from the inside is ok but a tire plug is not. Basically you have to jam a ream through the rubber and metal cords to make the hole big enough to get a plug and plug tool inside. That makes the tire unstable and unreliable.

Now what should I do with all these low mileage takeoffs???:burnout:

jgc61sr2002
12-26-2004, 07:28 PM
The local DTR FHP car has been in for 3 tires in less than 4 weeks, about 2k miles. All 3 times they had a screw in the center of the tread. FHP is not allowed to patch or plug a tire on any of their patrol cars. IMO, patching a tire from the inside is ok but a tire plug is not. Basically you have to jam a ream through the rubber and metal cords to make the hole big enough to get a plug and plug tool inside. That makes the tire unstable and unreliable.

Now what should I do with all these low mileage takeoffs???:burnout:

Repair them and keep them for youself. :D