PDA

View Full Version : Toilet paper: dispense over the top, or under?

Mike Poore
12-28-2004, 06:13 AM
Since we're welcoming newlyweds, some advice for long and happy marriages has been dispensed in the thread "Taking the plunge". Speaking of dispensing, the old discussion about which way the paper goes into the springy thingy has surfaced once again.

Now, I have no right to opinion on the subject, in this household (see rule 5 in the aforementioned thread) , and not being one to stir the pot, I feel it's best that our friends decide which is the proper method of installing the, um, roll once and forever.

Barbara has suggested that since there are, by a large number, fewer lady persons in the group, they should get ten votes each, just to make it fair. My position on this is, since no one cares about the vote anyway, but are only interested in the wonderful comments that will surely follow, her petition is denied.

I should point out that name-calling, such as "neener neener booger head" and the like, will not be tolerated. Civility and decorum must be maintained on so serious a subject. ;)

Rider90
12-28-2004, 06:17 AM
Over the top so it is hanging closest to you. I feel this way gives a most pleasurable experience.

Patrick
12-28-2004, 06:41 AM
Here I sit, Got my first cup of coffe, had a talk with Bradley. And what do I see a thread on Tee Pee!!! Is this the way my day is going to go??? Thanks Mike!!! I will refrain from the Neener Neener and just send you this for now....... :fishslap: !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And its over the top........everyone know that!!!!!!!!!!!!

merc406
12-28-2004, 06:42 AM
Don't buy flowered paper, ink's not good for your you know what. :lol:

Under wastes less paper... :fishslap:

Bradley G
12-28-2004, 06:46 AM
I'm just thankful when the roll is MT, there is one to replace it!........Handy! ;)

Bradley G

Bluerauder
12-28-2004, 07:03 AM
Since we're welcoming newlyweds, some advice for long and happy marriages has been dispensed in the thread "Taking the plunge". Speaking of dispensing, the old discussion about which way the paper goes into the springy thingy has surfaced once again.
Not a big deal in this household ... under or over gets little attention. But an empty roll (or one with only a sheet or two remaining) will tend to start a war especially if the replacement roll is in the hall closet. :rofl:

merc406
12-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Here's the only guy I know that put's it over the top--http://load.pquinn.com/binaries/fries/

MERCMAN
12-28-2004, 07:10 AM
Over or under? Heck, I just rip out a page or two, :rofl:

Mike Poore
12-28-2004, 07:37 AM
Over or under? Heck, I just rip out a page or two, :rofl:
Car & Driver? Brock Yates' articles ??;)

THE_INTERCEPTOR
12-28-2004, 08:13 AM
over the top, duh!

2003 MIB
12-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Leave the roll sitting on the sink counter. She'll put it on the roller however she wants it and that's the key to happiness. Let the wife occupy herself with such trivial matters so you can get more wrench time. Maybe she'll even let you buy a POS Jaguar on ebay and have lots of wrench time.:o

Patrick
12-28-2004, 08:30 AM
Leave the roll sitting on the sink counter. She'll put it on the roller however she wants it and that's the key to happiness. Let the wife occupy herself with such trivial matters so you can get more wrench time. Maybe she'll even let you buy a POS Jaguar on ebay and have lots of wrench time.:o

:high5: :high5: :high5:

CRUZTAKER
12-28-2004, 08:37 AM
More importantly than toilet paper orientation.....toilet SEAT orientation....down baby, make sure it's left down! The first time her butt falls through that porcelain hole into the water....it's divorce court man! :fishslap:

woaface
12-28-2004, 09:59 AM
I got a book for a friend once that was called "Are You Crazy?" and one of the questions and statistics was on this.

WTF is all I have to say...who gives two....nevermind.:D

I'm sure you all can be entertained by this!
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php

woaface
12-28-2004, 10:03 AM
Then again, be careful not to make skidmarks...you guys are good at that.

dwasson
12-28-2004, 10:06 AM
Finally, we're dealing with serious issues.

jgc61sr2002
12-28-2004, 10:22 AM
I can't beleive there are 27 votes in the poll and 16 responses. :D :rofl:

MARAUDER S/C #5
12-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Over the top and in the front. This is just common sense and if you don't do it this way your an idiot.:P

Bigdogjim
12-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Check any wayside restroom and you will find it's over the top!

Millions of toilet paper hangers can't be wrong?

Now where I can I get one of those 2,000,000 sheet rolls?

Patrick
12-28-2004, 02:23 PM
And at fancey hotel they will even fold into a nice point!!

Grimor
12-28-2004, 02:58 PM
top, bottom ? I just leave it on it's side on the lid of the toilet tank, The empty roll is already taking up space on the holder

the_pack_rat
12-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Top or under ?.

I prefer a little time dedicated to each myself ... with maybe a few other things thrown in.

Oh damn my bad ...

Were talking about toilet paper.

TechHeavy
12-28-2004, 04:11 PM

Now, I have no right to opinion on the subject, in this household (see rule 5 in the aforementioned thread) , and not being one to stir the pot, I feel it's best that our friends decide which is the proper method of installing the, um, roll once and forever.

Barbara has suggested that since there are, by a large number, fewer lady persons in the group, they should get ten votes each, just to make it fair. My position on this is, since no one cares about the vote anyway, but are only interested in the wonderful comments that will surely follow, her petition is denied.

I should point out that name-calling, such as "neener neener booger head" and the like, will not be tolerated. Civility and decorum must be maintained on so serious a subject. ;)
All real men prefer "over the top". That's just, well... instinctual! It's easier to pull in a downward motion to break off the tissue than to yank upward, (and possibly just unroll the tissue further).

TechHeavy
12-28-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm right with ya Dan! :D

Sactown
12-28-2004, 04:46 PM
I don't care, as long as the roll isn't empty.

My cat on the other hand prefers over the top...he is better able to spool the roll onto the floor that way.

Patrick
12-28-2004, 04:53 PM
I don't care, as long as the roll isn't empty.

My cat on the other hand prefers over the top...he is better able to spool the roll onto the floor that way.

Originally Posted by dwasson

A problem that has plagued the animal kingdom for ages!!

Garfield
12-28-2004, 04:56 PM
This thread is tooooo funny !

<!--StartFragment -->http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b0/deal.gif According the Wife's Manual, pg. 42, section M, Line 12, it is OVER guys! (If anyone would like a copy, please talk to the Big Dog, his copy is printed in EXTRA-LARGE fine print, he, ha, he.)

I'm surprised that no one has said they prefer Charmin to Scotts (which is Garfield's preferred choice, Scott's is too rough on the tender feline butt - Ouch! )

But all joking aside, the real question is:

Do you "fold" or " scrunch" the TP before using?

<!--StartFragment -->http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/i0/kloguck.gif <!--StartFragment -->http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/i0/wc.gif

Patrick
12-28-2004, 04:59 PM
I'm surprised that no one has said they prefer Charmin to Scotts

Try MRE TP!!!!!

Lowell
12-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Over the top. Fewer finger prints on the wall. Butt who gives a s...t?

merc406
12-28-2004, 05:32 PM
This thread is tooooo funny !

<!--StartFragment -->http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b0/deal.gif According the Wife's Manual, pg. 42, section M, Line 12, it is OVER guys! (If anyone would like a copy, please talk to the Big Dog, his copy is printed in EXTRA-LARGE fine print, he, ha, he.)

I'm surprised that no one has said they prefer Charmin to Scotts (which is Garfield's preferred choice, Scott's is too rough on the tender feline butt - Ouch! )

But all joking aside, the real question is:

Do you "fold" or " scrunch" the TP before using?

<!--StartFragment -->http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/i0/kloguck.gif <!--StartFragment -->http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/i0/wc.gif

Charmin will clog the pipes, scrunching will do the doo better than folding. :beatnik:

CRUZTAKER
12-28-2004, 05:35 PM
The message is Universal...click (http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/~rahsan/cornholio/ineedtp1.wav)

Even better....click (http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/~rahsan/cornholio/awakebun.wav)

Paul T. Casey
12-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Like most of the household decisions here, in what ever manner pleases her at the time.

Donny Carlson
12-28-2004, 07:14 PM
Do I leave the Sears catalog cover side up, or back side up?

dwasson
12-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Do I leave the Sears catalog cover side up, or back side up?
Open to the lingerie section for "entertainment".

Patrick
12-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Thought it just......... best not!

duhtroll
12-28-2004, 07:58 PM
It depends on the type of roll and where it is located.

Try to follow me on this. Tall people hate reaching down by their ankles to find the TP. If it's lower than normal grab height, it should go over the top.

If however, it's placed at a suitable height then underneath is fine.

If you have to reach so far behind you (for the TP that is, what were you thinking?) so that you injure your back, or if the TP roll is so close to the throne that you have to actually scoot over on the seat to get the roll to move, then a moron designed your bathroom.

I once saw the TP roller on a separate stand -- across the room from the commode. Sure, it looked trendy, but what the hell?

-A

Bradley G
12-28-2004, 08:23 PM
You Like That Stuff ?Thats Bark off the tree!Course you bein' the "Big Dog", you're prolly thinkin you wouldn't have to change it for quite a while!:D

Bradley G

Check any wayside restroom and you will find it's over the top!

Millions of toilet paper hangers can't be wrong?

Now where I can I get one of those 2,000,000 sheet rolls?

Donny Carlson
12-28-2004, 08:29 PM
please follow linky. Proper Sears catalog use explained.

http://home.nycap.rr.com/useless/toilet_paper/

Patrick
12-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Thanks for that insight!!!! :bop: :lol:

teamrope
12-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Try MRE TP!!!!!
No thanks, there is NEVER enough! :mad2:

Patrick
12-28-2004, 10:10 PM
I was wondering who might get that one!!!!!

teamrope
12-28-2004, 10:19 PM
I was wondering who might get that one!!!!!
Oh yes, Meals Rejected by Ethiopians.

David Morton
12-29-2004, 12:53 AM
Springy thingy? What are you guys talking about?

The choices are, do you lay it down on end or on it's side? :D

And a further digression would be, how many rolls do you keep on the top of the tank at one time? I personally leave the 12 roll package there and the one to the side I'm currently using, saves cabinet space for more beer. When I take the last roll out, that's the signal to go buy more beer. :D

You gotta be crazy to get married if this sort of thing is bothering you anyways. A 12 roll pack of Scott tissue lasts me 3 months, but I know a woman will go through a 12 roll pack of Charmin extra strength in just a few days! I was getting toilet paper every three or four runs for beer back when I was married! :D

Boy am I glad that's over! :D

TechHeavy
12-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Springy thingy? What are you guys talking about?

The choices are, do you lay it down on end or on it's side? :D

And a further digression would be, how many rolls do you keep on the top of the tank at one time? I personally leave the 12 roll package there and the one to the side I'm currently using, saves cabinet space for more beer. When I take the last roll out, that's the signal to go buy more beer. :D

You gotta be crazy to get married if this sort of thing is bothering you anyways. A 12 roll pack of Scott tissue lasts me 3 months, but I know a woman will go through a 12 roll pack of Charmin extra strength in just a few days! I was getting toilet paper every three or four runs for beer back when I was married! :D

Boy am I glad that's over! :D
LOL! You said that right brother!! :D I told my ex we could cut out the middle-man and just flush some dollar bills when the flushing frenzy possessed her.... :D :beer:

jgc61sr2002
12-29-2004, 04:56 PM
40 posts on toilet paper. :nocomm: :dunno:

merc406
12-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Wow, we got a whole mess of people that don't put the paper on right....... :wflag: :lol:

Patrick
12-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Wow, we got a whole mess of people that don't put the paper on right....... :wflag: :lol:

As long as we dont have a Boxers or Briefs poll!!

Bigdogjim
12-29-2004, 09:44 PM
40 posts on toilet paper. :nocomm: :dunno:
Look at it this way...It's winter not much going on.....
Plus it's keeps the Crown Vic guy guessing:rofl:

Bradley G
12-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Winter's still Young!

I like both ! Choices are good! Polls are fun! See Spot run.I am done!
Bradley G

Patrick
12-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Look at it this way...It's winter not much going on.....
Plus it's keeps the Crown Vic guy guessing:rofl:

That was my next question!!!

CRUZTAKER
12-30-2004, 10:00 AM
...... but I know a woman will go through a 12 roll pack of Charmin extra strength in just a few days!
Not to mention the stress on the septic tank.....

Eww, that's a good poll....SEWER or SEPTIC, what's feeding YOUR grass?

MENINBLK
12-30-2004, 10:07 AM
For those of you with CATS in your house, you know which way the roll goes... :rolleyes:

dwasson
01-04-2005, 12:53 PM
The original article (http://www.news24.com/News24/Backpage/Chuckles/0,,2-1343-1349_1642687,00.html)

London - Britain's civil service embarked on an 18-year quest for the perfect toilet paper after a doctor voiced concern about a diplomat's haemorrhoids, according to a government file made public on Tuesday.

John Hunt, a London physician, wrote to the Treasury's medical adviser in 1963 after he examined Sir John Pilcher, who was Britain's ambassador to Austria and, later, Japan, the Daily Telegraph reported.

"A patient of mine... thinks that the government lavatory paper is out of date and extremely bad for his complaint (haemorrhoids) and he has asked me if there is any chance of it being changed to a softer type," Hunt wrote.

It soon emerged that Her Majesty's Stationery Office, in charge of buying all government toilet paper, preferred the rough stuff because it cost the taxpayer less.

A lively correspondence followed, involving such interested parties as combative staff unions, the august School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (which thought hard, shiny paper was better) and the Treasury typing pool.

In the 1970s, "creped paper" gained favour as the price factor evaporated. Then in 1980, a team of epidemiologists weighed in with a report that argued that soft paper was more hygienic.

The following year, soft paper made its debut in government toilets, bringing relief to countless bureaucratic bottoms.

The hefty dossier was among 50 000 files brought to light on Tuesday by the National Archives in Kew, west London under a Freedom of Information Act that came into effect on New Year's Day.

valkyrie
01-04-2005, 12:57 PM
As long as we dont have a Boxers or Briefs poll!!

Patrick,
I thought your avator was you and I was gonna guess panties!!

Marc
01-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Its a trick poll, right? The toilet paper sits on the back of the toilet on top of the empty cardboard cylinder left over in the dispenser. I don't know how it ever ends up on the dispenser, but I'm thinking my wife has something to do with it.

Patrick
01-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Patrick,
I thought your avator was you and I was gonna guess panties!!

:fishslap: :nono: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Racerx88
01-04-2005, 04:01 PM
.........Maybe she'll even let you buy a POS Jaguar on ebay and have lots of wrench time.:o
Just be glad the thing doesn't have an actual Jaguar engine!

As for the TP, I used to put it over the top, but since I got remarried, I've "seen the light". Now it down under. Oh well.
:depress:

dwasson
01-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Here's (http://nobodys-perfect.com/vtpm/ExhibitHall/informational/overorunder.html) the authoritive response from the The Virtual Toilet Paper Museum.