PDA

View Full Version : Floor Mats

jstevens
12-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Floor Mats-which is better?

Hope this doesn't turn into an oil thread but with the bad weather upon some of us, I've been thinking floor mats might be a good idea.

I'm looking into Weathertech and Husky. Does anyone know any others or which ones are better.

SouLRioT
12-28-2004, 03:35 PM
Are you talking about the rubber protective type? My suggestion is go to Wal-Mart. Their the cheapest that I know of and have not had any problems in the cars that their in.

wchain
12-28-2004, 03:36 PM

Hope this doesn't turn into an oil thread but with the bad weather upon some of us, I've been thinking floor mats might be a good idea.

I'm looking into Weathertech and Husky. Does anyone know any others or which ones are better.

I loved CatchAll by Nifty products, but I dunno if they make mats for Panthers.

jgc61sr2002
12-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Get the All Weather Mats from the Dealer. (RAY) They are custom made for you car. :D

FordNut
12-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Maybe Dennis can find out where the ones in the FHP Marauders came from. Very thick rubber with widely spaced ribs in them. Possibly used on CVPI??

dwasson
12-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Ooh, Ooh, Let's do a poll. We can ask about what side of the roll the paper should come off of.

rookie1
12-28-2004, 08:14 PM
I use the weather-tech mats and they are are absolutely great sludge catchers. Had them in my SS for 5 years and am using them in the MM now...no leaks.
That being said, I got the weather-techs as a Christmas present one year. I don't know if I spend that kind of money on them. I was at wally world doing some Christmas shopping and I wandered thru the automotive section and found a set of almost identical mats for half the price.

vpalhories
12-29-2004, 07:05 AM

Bought mine from Costco. Paid $16.99 for front and back. They're deep enough to hold melted snow and fit remarkably well.

Patrick
12-29-2004, 07:19 AM
I just use some old plastic mats from one of dads old cars when weather gets bad. Then keep in garage when needed.

Rob1559
12-29-2004, 07:21 AM
I have the Weather Tech mats with the carpet inserts. They look great and do not detract from the look. Great product.

jstevens
12-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Rob1559,
what color are they and do you have a part number?

The only weathertech floor mats I've seen are only rubber.
I've thought about Costco and the like but prefer the custom fit.

jgc61sr2002
12-29-2004, 04:53 PM
j - Did you price the Mercury All Weather mats? They are Black and made specifically for the Marauder or GM. Any other set of mats will not fit correctly. Trust me.

DEFYANT
12-29-2004, 05:11 PM
How about no mats. Wear out the rug. Then when you want to look good, put the mats in and presto, your in like new shape again!!! J/K.

Watch out with some of these mats. I had those heavy duty rubber mats in the CV and almost wrecked the car. The mat slid up just right and wedged the go pedal down! Now I just use the stock mats. When they wear out or look trashy, I'll get new ones.

TAF
12-29-2004, 05:27 PM
How about no mats. Wear out the rug.
With that in mind...

I have the original carpet from Legal Knevil For Sale. The car had less than 8K miles on it before the transformation....

Anyone interested...PM me...and we'll agree on Price + shipping...

Marauderman
12-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Get the All Weather Mats from the Dealer. (RAY) They are custom made for you car. :D
.....better yet..just call Ray as I did and order another set of OEM mats----cause you know what?....they aren't gonna be available much longer--maybe not at all in a few weeks/months..EVER

Rob1559
12-29-2004, 05:36 PM
The Weathertech mats are called,

Advantage Luxury Carpet Mats and they are on he site.

Model number for front and rear is W2CB-W20CB

Cost $99.00 plus shipping.
Double check the site for the model number. You can trim them for a custom fit. They look like they came with the car.

Marauderman
12-29-2004, 05:39 PM
They look like they came with the car.

....but do the have "MARAUDER" printed on the fronts ones like the OEM's?

TheDealer
12-29-2004, 06:25 PM
The Ford All Weather Mats have a Flying "M" on the front mats.
Fronts $38.00
Rear $33.74

Carpeted Marauder Floor Mats with Marauder Logo
$72.00 for 4 pc set plus about $8.00 shipping.

jgc61sr2002
12-29-2004, 07:38 PM
The Ford All Weather Mats have a Flying "M" on the front mats.
Fronts $38.00
Rear $33.74

Carpeted Marauder Floor Mats with Marauder Logo
$72.00 for 4 pc set plus about $8.00 shipping.

You can't go wrong with these. :D

Svashtar
12-30-2004, 03:53 AM
Yep, I have these also from Ray, and they look good and work great, and the price is fair. One of mine came folded in half with a heavy box squishing it and the rubber had torn badly under the strain and Ray replaced it immediately.

I have my originals boxed up in case I ever want to show them off later. If I wasn't so broke I would also buy a second set of the OEM MM carpeted mats as a backup set.

Regards,

Norm

MENINBLK
12-30-2004, 10:23 AM
I use the weather-tech mats and they are are absolutely great sludge catchers. Had them in my SS for 5 years and am using them in the MM now...no leaks.
That being said, I got the weather-techs as a Christmas present one year. I don't know if I spend that kind of money on them. I was at wally world doing some Christmas shopping and I wandered thru the automotive section and found a set of almost identical mats for half the price.

I also had a set of Weathertech mats in my 98 Contour.
I used them for 4 years until I wore a hole in them.
I put some duct tape in the bottom of the mat,
switched it with the passenger side, and used them for 2 more years...

Gotta love Weathertechs !!! Wally World mats would never last that long...