PDA

View Full Version : I need your help.

teamrope
12-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Lately Lucky's table manners have gotten out of hand, and I mean REALLY out of hand.

She is getting real bad about eating strait out of the serving dish, running around the table and picking from everyones plate.

Anyone have any ideas that will help without causing bodily harm. After all, she is a cherished member of the family.

:help:

:confused:

:whistle:

http://www.ywave.com/~teamrope/pics/lucky.JPG

Joe Walsh
12-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Beautiful Bird....But I hope she doesn't crap in your bowl...
Has she picked up any fowl language?? ;)

wchain
12-28-2004, 10:03 PM
Beautiful Bird....But I hope she doesn't crap in your bowl...
Has she picked up any fowl language?? ;)

I used to have a Quaker, he used to eat rice and pasta, and sit on top of his cage instead of in it! Beautiful AMazon!

Patrick
12-28-2004, 10:05 PM
I wouldnt even know where to start on training a bird. Maybe just keep her in the cage during dinner??

teamrope
12-28-2004, 10:16 PM
I wouldnt even know where to start on training a bird. Maybe just keep her in the cage during dinner??
She gets rather loud and annoying when left in her cage durring meals. :)

Blue03
12-29-2004, 01:44 AM
Maybe you could turn on the Outdoor Channel and set up a TV table for her to watch from?!? Don't suppose she'd go for the Speed Channel ... She is a beauty! Good Lucky!

martyo
12-29-2004, 03:52 AM
She gets rather loud and annoying when left in her cage durring meals. :)

Sounds like Todd.

Krytin
12-29-2004, 03:56 AM
Water pistol

Bluerauder
12-29-2004, 05:53 AM
Lately Lucky's table manners have gotten out of hand, and I mean REALLY out of hand.:help:[/size][/font]
Maybe you can trace back to the incident that prompted the start of the bad behavior and go from there. Maybe it is a particular food, smell, or dish/bowl that get's Lucky fired up. :dunno:

My dog will only beg from one person at the dinner table (my daughter) because she made the mistake of feeding him a couple scraps. He won't bother anyone else because he knows it's useless.

BTW ... nice Christmas Pyramid and angels in the background. Looks like someone did some shopping at Kathe Wohlfahrt's in Kaiserslautern or Nuremberg. :D

Sactown
12-29-2004, 07:20 AM
How about a cat?

Patrick
12-29-2004, 07:24 AM
I was trying to be nice!! But a KFC sign might keep her quiet??

wchain
12-29-2004, 08:02 AM

Cover the cage when you eat with a dark sheet.

Reminds me of a Joke I heard once,
There was a man who bought a parrot from the pet store at half off because it only knew bad words. The man took it home, thinking he could train it to be good, but he continued to cuss and say nasty things.

Out of frustration, the man got mad and put the parrot in the freezer. The bird cussed even more, but after about a minute in the freezer, he got very quiet. Worried, the man opened the door and saw the parrot, standing there quietly.

The bird climbed onto the man's finger and started talking.
"Sir, I do apologize for my offensive language to you over the last few days, I will do my best to not use those kinds of words from now on."
Confused, but Satisfied, the man smiled and figured that the parrot had turned a newe leaf over. As he was closing the door the parrot said.

"I just gotta know, what did the chicken do to end up in there?"
:banana:

Patrick
12-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Good one Wes!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Dr Caleb
12-29-2004, 08:49 AM
I've got a couple of mischevoius Nendeys, so I empathize :) Mine have a screetch that can shatter glass.

Put a bowl of something he prefers more, elsewhere. It can be difficult habit to break, because to the parrot, you are his 'flock'. His flock is eating, so he should too.

Ethier that or the water pistol. With ice water - it's the only thing my birds understand as far as punishment. The dark cover works too.

Patrick
12-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Maybe it is a particular food, smell, or dish/bowl that get's Lucky fired up.

Maybe some she knew?? Sorry!

merc406
12-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Lately Lucky's table manners have gotten out of hand, and I mean REALLY out of hand.

She is getting real bad about eating strait out of the serving dish, running around the table and picking from everyones plate.

Anyone have any ideas that will help without causing bodily harm. After all, she is a cherished member of the family.

:help:

:confused:

:whistle:

http://www.ywave.com/~teamrope/pics/lucky.JPG

Very pretty bird their, if you teach her that your dinner time is her dinner time in her cage with the door closed on it she'll be fine in time, depending on how long you've let her do this. You can unspoil her in time, maybe a few weeks tho. Get your ear muffs out.

teamrope
12-29-2004, 09:05 AM

Don't laugh, but she likes chicken. :)

Hates cats. Has clamped on to a couple of cat tails that have gotten to close to her perch so they usually keep a safe distance from her. :D

Patrick
12-29-2004, 09:10 AM

Hates cats. Has clamped on to a couple of cat tails that have gotten to close to her perch so they usually keep a safe distance from her. :D

Thats a mean bird!!! Didnt think you be here until tonight so having sum fun!
:laugh:

teamrope
12-29-2004, 09:14 AM
I'm off today, so I'm killing a little time. :)

Patrick
12-29-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm off today, so I'm killing a little time. :)

Enjoy!!!!!

Marauderman
12-29-2004, 09:49 AM
NIce double yellow head( I think- am I right?)....

We have a yellow crown..25 years old....called Topper , for the obvious yellow crown...anyway...we have the same problem and usually drape a sheet over his cage and/or provide a small piece of food , either bread with butter on it or a left over piece of pizza or whatever he particular likes--to keep him busy so not to bother us...it works real well.......Tom

Bradley G
12-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Is that where the phrase "fraidy cat" comes from?Have you taught him to say "tastes like Chicken":nocomm:

Bradley G

Dr Caleb
12-29-2004, 12:05 PM

The best thing you can give them is boiled egg yolk. Seriously! It's the magic food for birds! Mine are partial to beer and pizza. They'll even catch mice. Stay away from avacado and chocolate.

Mine tag-team the cat too. They'll both land on the floor out of reach while the cat is sunning herself. Then when the cat looks to one, the other will get closer, attracting the cat's attention. This repeats until one had a firm grip on the tail . . . and hilarity ensues ;)

CRUZTAKER
12-31-2004, 05:32 PM
Mine won't eat anything other than sunflower seeds and apples. Picky critters they are.:rolleyes:

I never posted pics of them before, and I remember you asking me to post pics of ENO and EON, my South American Conures. They are both molting at the moment so they look naked.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/3039/627IMGP0023-med.JPG

teamrope
12-31-2004, 06:13 PM
Mine won't eat anything other than sunflower seeds and apples. Picky critters they are.:rolleyes:

I never posted pics of them before, and I remember you asking me to post pics of ENO and EON, my South American Conures. They are both molting at the moment so they look naked.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/3039/627IMGP0023-med.JPG
Cute little guys.

Lucky likes sunflower seeds too, but they give her an attitude problem.

Patrick
12-31-2004, 06:31 PM
Cute little guys.

Lucky likes sunflower seeds too, but they give her an attitude problem.

I have to ask, From sunflower seeds?

maraudernkc
12-31-2004, 07:12 PM
My mom has a yellow nape and he is mean as hell to everyone but her.

He is 27 years old.

teamrope
12-31-2004, 07:12 PM
She gets real obnoxiouse and loud. Then she wants to bite and chew up everything in sight.

teamrope
12-31-2004, 07:14 PM
My mom has a yellow nape and he is mean as hell to everyone but her.

He is 27 years old.
Lucky is the same way with me, unless I'm out of town for a while. Then she figures out that if she wants to eat, she better be nice to Mrs TR. :)

TechHeavy
12-31-2004, 07:32 PM
Maybe you could turn on the Outdoor Channel and set up a TV table for her to watch from?!? Don't suppose she'd go for the Speed Channel ... She is a beauty! Good Lucky!
Yeah! Maybe there's one of those "entertainment videos" for birds at the pet store... You know, like the ones that are for babysitting dogs. :)

CRUZTAKER
12-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Eno and Eon compete with the tv, the vacuum, and every phone conversation. They are obnoxiously loud at times.

They have their own bose wave radio, and are allowed to roam outside the cage for several hours each day. However, those green turds...when they are missed and harden...are like cement and require a chisel to remove.:mad:

I have to ask grandpa, but I believe they are both around 28 years old now, brothers, and have never been apart since birth. This is likely why they have never has the desire to mimic the human language.

Dr Caleb
01-03-2005, 12:07 PM

Sunflower seeds are addictive to a bird. More of a mental addiction, than a physical one. They are jam packed with protien and oils. Once you get them started, there aint no going back.

Kinda like caffine for humans. What are you or I like after a couple days without our cup of coffee?

Cool pics Barry. Compare to my Nenday Conures. Not much difference, 'cept the volume level . . .

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6612&page=1&pp=15

Patrick
01-03-2005, 12:59 PM
What are you or I like after a couple days without our cup of coffee?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6612&page=1&pp=15

Doe the term "POSTAL" mean anyhting!!!!!!!

teamrope
01-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Doe the term "POSTAL" mean anyhting!!!!!!!
:eek: :shot: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: