PDA

View Full Version : Overhaulin' Drag Racing Results

QWK SVT
12-29-2004, 01:22 AM
Did anyone catch the Overhaulin' episode, that had all the old cars compete? I only caught a few minutes of it, and can't find anything on the web, to give me the details...

To be honest, I lost a little respect for the show... The drag racing was an 1/8-mile track, and I think most of the cars were in the 9 - 10 second range:( You'd think they'd at least make the cars run low 14's, if not better...:confused:

They put a crate engine in damn near everything - obviously it's just a plain jane goodwrench. You'd think they'd throw a couple bucks in, to at least get something with vortec heads, and make a few ponies...

Anyone catch the episode? If so, can you fill me in...:help:

Constable
12-29-2004, 01:33 AM
I saw it a few weeks ago. I was watching it w/ my girlfriend and I flipped out. She thought I was insane until I explained how 1/8 e.t.'s equate to 1/4 e.t.'s.

I forget alot about the episode. All I know is that I was disappointed with the whole thing. Even that bad-a$$ Camaro only ran a high 8 or something...

QWK SVT
12-29-2004, 05:13 PM
I saw it a few weeks ago. I was watching it w/ my girlfriend and I flipped out. She thought I was insane until I explained how 1/8 e.t.'s equate to 1/4 e.t.'s.

I forget alot about the episode. All I know is that I was disappointed with the whole thing. Even that bad-a$$ Camaro only ran a high 8 or something...
Yeah, I saw Foose try to launch in that Camaro... KHe should keep to designing cool cars, 'cause he can't drive 'em:D