PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Olds...

Long Live #3
12-30-2004, 11:01 AM
Hello Blazer! Just check out the sig! I'll try and post pics when it gets back from the shop.

Paul T. Casey
12-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Not really a mini-van/suv guy myself, but you seem pleased. Good for you. When do you get the "should be mine" car. That one I like alot!

Long Live #3
12-30-2004, 04:21 PM
when I can afford it. My dad is going to sell it and I want to buy it off of him before he does.

jgc61sr2002
12-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Joe - Good luck with your new ride. :D

sailsmen
12-30-2004, 07:05 PM
You have moved up in your ride, although the Olds had Character & Soul that so many new cars lack.

I recently looked at a Honda Pilot, Honda Element and Mercury Mariner. No Soul.

I looked at a Magnum and that has Character and Soul.

Long Live #3
12-30-2004, 10:00 PM
I test drove a Magnum and a Supercharged Monte Carlo. Both were great and had soul, but not the kind of soul I was looking for. Then I drove a Blazer. I was thinking to myself, "Man! This is awesome! I want this!" Now It's mine but, I'm not driving it. The reason, cuz it's my second one. I blew the motor on the first one, I'm young and I didn't know what I was doing when I was doing a burnout on the wet pavement. The funny thing is, It was the 3rd day I had the truck too. Oh well, my dad WAS currently driving it. Now it's in the shop with, what I think, is a busted trans! He backs out of a parking spot, slows down to a crawl and, puts it in gear. You guys call it shifting on the fly. I told him that if he keeps doing that, it'll hurt the trans. Well after he did all that, the check engine light comes on, and he's got no forward gear. He calls me while I'm picking up the "birthday presents" my dog left me with, I didn't have a phone outside with me at the time. He leaves a message saying that he needs a tow truck. I call him back and ask him in these exact words, "What did you do to my truck???"

Now it sits in Latoff Chevy, thank god for the 3 year powertrain warrenty!

martyo
12-31-2004, 03:47 AM
I'm confused.

Long Live #3
12-31-2004, 08:01 AM
about what?