PDA

View Full Version : How to get Ford Service Rep Phone#

halucin8
12-31-2004, 10:21 AM
Hi,
I'm having the worst problem with my local dealership's service dept. How can I get my regional service rep's number? The service manager won't give it to me and Ford's 1-800 number will only send an email to the dealership, which will more than likely make things worse for me.

The service manager told me that "you can call ford all you want." What ever happened to customer service?

If you can help, please let me know.

Thanks,
brian stevens

CRUZTAKER
12-31-2004, 11:14 AM
I believe the phone number is in the back of your owner's manual.

halucin8
12-31-2004, 11:17 AM
I believe the phone number is in the back of your owner's manual.

Unfortunately, the car is at the dealership. I think that number will probably be the same one I got off the Ford website. Thanks, though.

danbike
12-31-2004, 01:02 PM
Well, not that I like grandstand plays. . .

I wrote a letter to William Clay Ford and told him about the dealer not giving me the regional reps name and number. I got a call back about 1 week later and an appointment at another dealer. Car got fixed and the original dealer got what he had coming.

roadpig58
12-31-2004, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately, the car is at the dealership. I think that number will probably be the same one I got off the Ford website. Thanks, though. just curious, what type of trouble are you having with you`re car?
roadpig

halucin8
12-31-2004, 01:35 PM
just curious, what type of trouble are you having with you`re car?
roadpig

I took it in because the front end was creaking, the rear end was whining, the rear bumper sagging.

They replaced the rear end, the tie rod ends and said the sagging bumper was normal.

Left with the car and the steering wheel was crooked and the front end was still creaking.

Took the car back to be re-aligned. I left and the steering wheel is still crooked.

Now I've noticed that the air ride compressor cuts on a lot more than it did before, a lot more. The front tires are now completely worn out on the outer edge. These tires have only 4K miles on them. The rear end was whining again after about 2 wks. I also think that they failed to put a limited slip diff back in it.

So, I took it back yesterday. The service manager drove it. He said he heard the rear end. He also accused me of haviing a salvage title. I told him that it was in an accident, but not totaled. They're supposed to check everything out again.

Today the service dept calls to let me know that some of the parts must be ordered. He said they were going to replace the rear end bushings, etc. I told them to check and make sure it had the right rear in it. I wasn't sure if he knew what I was talking about, so I called the service manager. He told me they replaced the diff the first time with whatever came out of it. I told him that while on snow the other day, I hit the gas and only the right rear spun. Which to me means it's no longer LSD. He then said that we could argue all you want but basically he was right and that's that. I didn't think I was arguing to start with. I told him I was considering calling Ford and he replied, "Call Ford all you want!" Wow, what an *********!

So, anyway, that's where I stand.

I want to talk to the factory rep due to how rude this guy is being.

MarauderMark
12-31-2004, 01:50 PM
At least when my dealership screws me out of money their nice about it.My car was there first one they worked on let alone them selling them and not knowing what they are..When you leave that place with your car do what i did .Leave alot of smoke with 2 long black lines in there lot :burn: .oh also give them the Hawaiian greeting..

CRUZTAKER
12-31-2004, 02:12 PM
Your story sheds light on your current situation. Albeit perhaps not your fault, you have worn out your welcome at THAT dealership. At this point it is highly unlikely you will ever recieve total satisfaction from those folks. They got your name....:depress:

The way my wife likes to put it, if you piss off your server at a restaurant long enough, they'll spit on your food. :shake:

Bluerauder
12-31-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi,
I'm having the worst problem with my local dealership's service dept. How can I get my regional service rep's number? The service manager won't give it to me and Ford's 1-800 number will only send an email to the dealership, which will more than likely make things worse for me.
Brian, here's a story that worked out fine for me. May not work in all cases; but it did in mine.

In 1974, I bought a new Charger SE for $6795 and paid cash. Three weeks later, the car developed an ungodly whine from the rear end. When I took it in, the service reps said it would be 6-8 weeks to order a rear end. They wouldn't even give me a rental car. They had my money and I had no transportation. I went through the customer service chain from area, to regional, to national with "there's nothing we can do" responses all the way.

Finally, I got fed up and called the Detroit operator. When she asked what number, I said the Dodge-Chrysler building. Give me someone In-Charge. I was connected to a customer service rep and before they could say anything I immediately asked "Are you in Charge -- if not then connect me with your boss". This long distance phone call lasted some 45 minutes as I passed through multiple offices enroute to the top floor.

I finally ended up with a guy named Mr. Joseph (I can't remember his title) and I explained the situation and my dissatisfaction with the customer service network for Dodge products. Moreover, I explained that I was so dissatisfied that I was planning to sit the car in front of the Army post with a big sign on it. I suggested that they pull the rear end out of one of the unsold Chargers on the lot to fix mine. He asked me to wait by the phone.

In 10 minutes, Mr. Joseph called back and told me to take my car to the dealer. He gave me his direct line and asked me to give him a call back after the work was completed and to note any attitude problems with the dealer.

I had the car back in one day and everyone at the dealer was "exceptionally polite" and apologetic. I have no idea who Mr. Joseph was -- he could have been a janitor on the 10th floor of the Dodge-Chrysler building in Detroit. But on that day --- "He was In Charge" and took care of my problem.

BTW -- I left for Germany shortly thereafter and eventually kept the car for 12 years.

halucin8
01-06-2005, 04:36 AM
Well, I got the car back yesterday. The only thing they fixed were the differential and alignment. They said the front tires being worn out in 4k miles was not due to an alignment. If not, then what?

What is the stock gear ratio? They put a 3.55 gear set in it this time. Ford part# FMC 3L2Z 4209 AC.

I asked them for the Factory Ford Service guy's number, and they said they didn't have it. I WANT THIS NUMBER!!!

Anyway, DO NOT take your car to Calssic Ford in Smithfield, NC.

Thanks for all your help.

brian

Bluerauder
01-06-2005, 05:27 AM
Well, I got the car back yesterday. The only thing they fixed were the differential and alignment. They said the front tires being worn out in 4k miles was not due to an alignment. If not, then what?

What is the stock gear ratio? They put a 3.55 gear set in it this time. Ford part# FMC 3L2Z 4209 AC.

I asked them for the Factory Ford Service guy's number, and they said they didn't have it. I WANT THIS NUMBER!!!

Anyway, DO NOT take your car to Calssic Ford in Smithfield, NC.

Thanks for all your help.

brian
4,000 on a set of tires .... no way. I've got 16,600 on mine and there's still lots of tread left. BTW ... the 3.55 gears are OEM standards.

Pick up the phone and call Detroit .... Ford Motor Company .... ask for Bill Ford and don't stop 'til you get him on the line. :D

Marauder386
01-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Hmmm...Classic Ford...I know the place as I went there in the "history tracking" of '03A #2. I wasnt impressed with the small,rinky-dink, hiding off the road looks of the place myself. When a dealership hasnt even obviously upgraded their showroom ( this one is like 70's retro to me ) it only makes my warning flags go up. Very sorry to hear about your situ with these dunderheads...it only confirms my feelings about the place.