PDA

View Full Version : Pray for a Fallen Hero

seans
01-04-2005, 09:45 AM
In Connecticut we are burying Officer Peter Lavery of the Newington, CT Police Dept. Officer Lavery was ambushed while investigating a Domestice Disturbance complaint. He was shot several times by a suspect wielding an automatic rifle and was then held hostage for approximatley 16hrs before the suspect ended the standoff by killing himself. Officer Lavery died sometime during this standoff.

Please pray for Officer Lavery, his family and the people of Connecticut who just lost another link in the thin blue line that protects them from the monsters of this society.

MM03MOK
01-04-2005, 09:56 AM
He and his family have been in my prayers and thoughts since the news first broke about the call. My heart sank when I heard the outcome. My continued prayers for all men and women in blue, and those that serve us here and around the World. :flag:

SilverStreak
01-04-2005, 11:08 AM
While I never was a cop I did work as a civilian employee in a large midwestern agency for 32 years. You get to know these guys and it really hurts when one dies in the line of duty from any Dept. God bless him and his family.
Thanks to all the LEO's here for keeping the bad guys away from the rest of us.

Patrick
01-04-2005, 11:30 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with him and his Famaliy.
God Bless.

FiveO
01-04-2005, 12:01 PM
I was reading about the standoff but hadn't heard he died.

I'm sorry for the loss of another fallen hero.

God bless him and his family.

rayjay
01-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Prayers sent.

ParkRanger
01-04-2005, 02:33 PM
In Connecticut we are burying Officer Peter Lavery of the Newington, CT Police Dept. Officer Lavery was ambushed while investigating a Domestice Disturbance complaint. He was shot several times by a suspect wielding an automatic rifle and was then held hostage for approximatley 16hrs before the suspect ended the standoff by killing himself. Officer Lavery died sometime during this standoff.

Please pray for Officer Lavery, his family and the people of Connecticut who just lost another link in the thin blue line that protects them from the monsters of this society.

Sorry to hear the news of another warrior going down.
How fortunate we all are to have men/women like this who constantly keep the wolves away from the front door.

10-7 EOW

PR

NAVCHAP
01-04-2005, 03:07 PM
SIncere condolences to all his loved ones, relatives, friends and co-workers. May all our fallen comrades rest in peace. Very Respectfully, -kjs-

Fourth Horseman
01-04-2005, 04:09 PM
It's bad any time we lose a police officer in the line of duty, but an ambush? This was planned? Very, very terrible.
:(