PDA

View Full Version : Any Internet Explorer Experts out there?

04MEMA
01-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Hi,
When I'm in one of the forums and I hover the pointer over a thread the first few lines of the thread pops up in a little window. The window disapears in just a couple seconds though and I have to move the mouse down to another thread, get the window to pop up there and then move the mouse back to the original thread in order to have enough time to read the contents of the little window.

Question: Is there a setting to make this window appear for longer?

Thanks,
Jeff

MM2004
01-05-2005, 05:45 AM
I am not an IE expert by any means, but would say this is a Logan question as this appears to be a site preference (setting) by design IMO. I get the same window. However, mine stays open for approx. 7 seconds before closing automatically.
Single left click on the thread, and it will open full screen for your reading pleasures. :D

Mike.

vpalhories
01-05-2005, 06:02 AM
Hi,
When I'm in one of the forums and I hover the pointer over a thread the first few lines of the thread pops up in a little window. The window disapears in just a couple seconds though and I have to move the mouse down to another thread, get the window to pop up there and then move the mouse back to the original thread in order to have enough time to read the contents of the little window.

Question: Is there a setting to make this window appear for longer?

Thanks,
JeffJeff,

These "popups" are most likely embedded within what is called the "SPAN" command. The popups are not true popups - they are like tooltips, and exist because of the TITLE= parameter. No clicking is required by you to open or close them.

The timing of the display of them and when they disappear cannot be altered. So, the default appears to be 1 second to display and 5 seconds before they disappear.

Hope this helps.

CRUZTAKER
01-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Normal.....;)

Has to do with this site.

vpalhories
01-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Normal.....;)

Has to do with this site.
Actually this is an Internet Explorer issue and is not specific to this site. The same thing happens on any other web page that uses similar "pop-ups".

Mike Poore
01-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi, Question: Is there a setting to make this window appear for longer?

Thanks,
Jeff
Yeh, Jeff, :revenge: ///double click the bugger. :rofl: