PDA

View Full Version : Damn Ricer Car Drivers! ! !

MM2004
01-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Twice this afternoon when traveling down the X-way around Louisville, witnessed ricer cars racing one another at estimated speeds exceeding 90 mph! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
I was doing 70 mph and one of these farting cars came up behind staying close enough to where I could not see their headlights! The passenger was hanging out of the window motioning the other car to try and catch them.

It would not been as bad (yeah it would) had I not had my 5 year old with me at the time. The weather conditions (light rain) increased the danger as well as unusually heavy traffic at the time. This senseless driving has got to come to an end as it is becoming more and more commonplace during my everyday commute.:(

Every state needs to follow Florida's program and start going after these
a$$ holes and place them under arrest! Zero Tolerance! ! ! ! ! ! !

Needed to vent!!

Mike.

Embassy
01-05-2005, 03:20 PM
As a fellow resident, I can relate to seeing some stupid things being done in less than favorable weather.

However, these tools tend to slow down when they see my Vic.

One can only pray that Darwin catches up to them before they injure someone else.

Bluerauder
01-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Twice this afternoon when traveling down the X-way around Louisville, witnessed ricer cars racing one another at estimated speeds exceeding 90 mph! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:..."...snip..." Needed to vent!!

Mike.
Understand the frustration. Best to just move over and let 'em go. Disaster will find 'em sooner or later. There is nearly an epidemic here in the DC Metro area with kids racing and tying their car around a tree, pole, concrete abuttment or some other immovable object. There is a whole movement here to improve driver's testing, licensing, and age limits for licenses. None of the proposals addresses stupidity and inexperience mixed with alcohol or drugs. :rolleyes:

merc406
01-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Twice this afternoon when traveling down the X-way around Louisville, witnessed ricer cars racing one another at estimated speeds exceeding 90 mph! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
I was doing 70 mph and one of these farting cars came up behind staying close enough to where I could not see their headlights! The passenger was hanging out of the window motioning the other car to try and catch them.

It would not been as bad (yeah it would) had I not had my 5 year old with me at the time. The weather conditions (light rain) increased the danger as well as unusually heavy traffic at the time. This senseless driving has got to come to an end as it is becoming more and more commonplace during my everyday commute.:(

Every state needs to follow Florida's program and start going after these
a$$ holes and place them under arrest! Zero Tolerance! ! ! ! ! ! !

Needed to vent!!

Mike.

Blame it on HOLLYWOOD......

Joe Walsh
01-05-2005, 10:23 PM
I've heard ;) ;) of a neat solution to this problem...
Keep a handful of old lugnuts within easy reach and 'accidentally' drop then out your window and INTO the offending Ricer's grille and expensive ground effects spoilers.... :D :D :D
They, er.... I mean, I've heard that they back off REALLY FAST!!!

Patrick
01-05-2005, 10:46 PM
None of the proposals addresses stupidity and inexperience mixed with alcohol or drugs. :rolleyes:

And this is the worst part. And in the program I am in right now I see the attiudes that come along with it. I dont have the answers just more questions.

I am thankfull I never did drink and drive. I had that much sense. I hope and pray that maybe they will get it. Before its too late.

Bluerauder
01-05-2005, 10:57 PM
I've heard ;) ;) of a neat solution to this problem...
Keep a handful of old lugnuts within easy reach and 'accidentally' drop then out your window and INTO the offending Ricer's grille and expensive ground effects spoilers.... :D :D :D
They, er.... I mean, I've heard that they back off REALLY FAST!!!
Joe, don't try that one on the PW Parkway unless you are prepared to dodge some 9mm comebacks ..... :rolleyes:

DEFYANT
01-06-2005, 10:17 AM
I love the look on the face of these guys when I come to visit them at home after stupid stunts on the road. If I see the driver and the plate, I just meet up with them later and issue the proper citation. Judges love that.

03marauder
01-06-2005, 11:31 AM
I remember when I had my 99 Crown Vic with k&n intake and flowmaster exhaust. I was at a stoplight next to not one but two ricers. They were both trying to impress god knows who by revving their engines. I got tired of listening to the hopped up blenders next to me, and decided to drop into neutal and make some noise. Lets just say that it shut them both up. I don't know if it's just me but it seems like they always have to try and impress everyone else.