PDA

View Full Version : Flames coming from tailpipes!!!!

MARAUDERCHICK
01-10-2005, 03:21 PM
I was riding around Friday Night when a WRX came screaming up behind me.....taunting me.....so....I put my foot into the floorboard and of course he was right on my tail!! (those little things will haul a$$).....ANYWAY....when we got to the next redlight, he pulled up beside me and advised me that fire and/or sparks were coming out of my tailpipes!!!!!

I'm hoping it was just unused fuel or something to that degree.....(????)

Any input????

SergntMac
01-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah...Punks messin with your head.

Dr Caleb
01-10-2005, 03:30 PM
!!!

What do you feed that thing? White castles? ;)

Unused fuel would be the obvious answer, but what would be the ignition source??

the_pack_rat
01-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Weird.

You sure he wasn't BS'ing you ?.

Wait till it's dark out again ... get someone you know to follow you & see if they see anything out of the ordinary.

I could only imagine the kinds of replies __ I __ would get ...

If I posted such a question ... esp after talking about how much I like White Castles in another thread.

:lol:

MARAUDERCHICK
01-10-2005, 03:32 PM
!!!

What do you feed that thing? White castles? ;)

Unused fuel would be the obvious answer, but what would be the ignition source??
This is the part I can't figure out :confused:

wchain
01-10-2005, 03:35 PM

This is the part I can't figure out :confused:

Sounds liek hes messing with you, but it would be cool for a MM to have flamethrower exhaust.....

MARAUDERCHICK
01-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Weird.

You sure he wasn't BS'ing you ?.
I guess he could've been....but, he wasn't a kid (teenager) and he was alone, so.....I'm thinkin' he may have been serious....

Wait till it's dark out again ... get someone you know to follow you & see if they see anything out of the ordinary.
Good idea!!

I could only imagine the kinds of replies __ I __ would get ...

If I posted such a question ... esp after talking about how much I like White Castles in another thread.

:rofl:

MARAUDERCHICK
01-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Sounds liek hes messing with you, but it would be cool for a MM to have flamethrower exhaust.....Oooooh!!!! Flamethrower exhaust......Way cool!!! :cool:

I should've told him..."Yeah....I know.....it's supposed to shoot flames out of the tailpipes!!! DUH!!!!" :D

metroplex
01-10-2005, 06:01 PM
It was your ineffective overwatt tinted bulb SilverStars setting off the fire.

No seriously, the WRXs will probably have more of a chance to blow fire out the tailpipe when backfiring during a shift.

On your Marauder, it may run rich when you're WOT. I know Russ (JerseyVics) was spotting me on the highway and saw my Vic billowing black smoke whenever I went WOT. This was like 1.5 years ago before I got a retune.

Bigdogjim
01-10-2005, 06:09 PM
So come on now tell us, you really got Flamethrower exhaust added?

I have seen those on a ricer before:rofl:

Directedby
01-10-2005, 06:12 PM
shoulda told him it was the BATMOBILE.

Joe Walsh
01-10-2005, 06:31 PM
He was B.S.ing you....Your A/F would have to be running SO RICH that you would get a 'check engine' light and you would be overheating the catalytic converters till they glowed red!
Plus you would need an ignition source at the tailpipes to get the excess fuel to burn... (You could do this with pre-cat carburated cars running WAY rich.....punch it, open up the 4 barrel, then get off the throttle really quick....pop, pop, pop, bang!)

You should have told the geek that your MM had indigestion from eating RICERS!!!

MARAUDERCHICK
01-10-2005, 06:32 PM
So come on now tell us, you really got Flamethrower exhaust added?

I have seen those on a ricer before:rofl:
:nono: Be nice.... :lol:

MARAUDERCHICK
01-10-2005, 06:38 PM
http://www.javelinamx.com/Batmobile/bc19001s.jpg (http://www.javelinamx.com/Batmobile/bc1-9001.jpg)

To the Bat Cave!!!

MARAUDERCHICK
01-10-2005, 06:40 PM
You should have told the geek that your MM had indigestion from eating RICERS!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's F U N N Y !!!!!

CRUZTAKER
01-10-2005, 06:56 PM
He was B.S.ing you....Your A/F would have to be running SO RICH that you would get a 'check engine' light and you would be overheating the catalytic converters till they glowed red!!True...I once had the gaskets fail on a 4-barrel weber carb and flames shot out the tail pipes.
A passerby on the freeway flagged me down as I was unaware. Apparently fuel was literally being poured thoughout the motor and out the tail pipes.

Carburator was shot and needed rebuilt. Alot of soot on the bumper as well.

Unlikely this happened to you in a new injected eec car without every warning light coming on and perhaps the car shutting down.

Patrick
01-10-2005, 07:43 PM
http://www.javelinamx.com/Batmobile/bc19001s.jpg (http://www.javelinamx.com/Batmobile/bc1-9001.jpg)

To the Bat Cave!!!

I saw the flames at pulling out of the Cracker Barrell, I just left well enough alone!!!
:laugh:

Second Wind
01-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Cat Converters have been known to shoot flaming beads out when they got hot. I had a Ranchero (in the old days) that did it quite a bit on trips. Haven't heard of any doing it in recent years, but it's a thought.. :flamer:

Bigdogjim
01-10-2005, 08:50 PM
:nono: Be nice.... :lol:
I just though that this one of T*** Fords lastest tricks:rofl:

Bigdogjim
01-10-2005, 08:51 PM

Ah! The quick wit at work:rofl:

Great come back line:up:

marauder307
01-10-2005, 09:06 PM
It's just the afterburners. No worries. :D

Haggis
01-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Oooooh!!!! Flamethrower exhaust......Way cool!!! :cool:

I should've told him..."Yeah....I know.....it's supposed to shoot flames out of the tailpipes!!! DUH!!!!" :D

Fried Rice anyone. :rofl:

2003 MIB
01-11-2005, 09:33 AM
I guess he could've been....but, he wasn't a kid (teenager) and he was alone, so.....I'm thinkin' he may have been serious...

My gut tells me he wanted to talk to the pretty lady driving the hot car...As a gender we are a little clumsy at conversation.:)

Marauderman
01-11-2005, 10:09 AM
My gut tells me he wanted to talk to the pretty lady driving the hot car...As a gender we are a little clumsy at conversation.:)
I tend to agree with MIB .....a compliment as such (he thinks) would surely give him the opportunity for some feed back --more conversation, etc, etc,,,see.....oh well.....

2003 MIB
01-11-2005, 10:50 AM
I tend to agree with MIB .....a compliment as such (he thinks) would surely give him the opportunity for some feed back --more conversation, etc, etc,,,see.....oh well.....
Yep. He may have been a little off his game by the circumstances. We should all remember that a typical Georgia pick-up line is, "Wooooo Gal !!!- You smells like a brand new haircut- Git in the truck!!!":rolleyes:

ckadiddle
01-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Heyy... I was gonna say that. I think I remember that they used a kerosene mixture of some sort for the TV series Batmobile... hhhmmm...
:burnout:

prchrman
01-11-2005, 11:31 AM
You sure you don't have a hot wire to spark plugs screwed into the tail pipes...old hot rods really looked cool at night with those...willie

Bluerauder
01-11-2005, 12:29 PM
....ANYWAY....when we got to the next redlight, he pulled up beside me and advised me that fire and/or sparks were coming out of my tailpipes!!!!!

Any input????

Probably just bad muffler bearings .... :rofl: I think he was jerking your chain. That much unburned fuel in the exhaust would have been backfiring to a major extent and hard not to notice or feel.

On a similar subject .... didn't I read or hear about a Ricer somewhere that had gas lines run into the exhaust so that he could light 'em up with a butane flame or something :dunno:

merc406
01-11-2005, 12:44 PM
I was riding around Friday Night when a WRX came screaming up behind me.....taunting me.....so....I put my foot into the floorboard and of course he was right on my tail!! (those little things will haul a$$).....ANYWAY....when we got to the next redlight, he pulled up beside me and advised me that fire and/or sparks were coming out of my tailpipes!!!!!

I'm hoping it was just unused fuel or something to that degree.....(????)

Any input????

Only way to find out is take it out and have someone you trust behind ya to follow and see what if anything happens, he may have seen something. :)

Merc-O-matic
01-11-2005, 10:03 PM
April First came early this year!

Gotta Love It! :bs: