PDA

View Full Version : Office Chair Recommendations

wchain
01-11-2005, 12:56 PM
What do you guys sit on at work?

HAve a comfy office chair? The backrest on my chair had enough today.

I'm done with office furniture from 1973. Somebody makes a Covette seat in an office chair but its almost 1000 bucks! I;m going to go shopping for a new chair, didn't know what you guys have tried, and liked or disliked.....

DOn't everyone get up and look under your chair at once for the brand! LOL....

Wes- sitting in a metal folding chair for right now.

Patrick
01-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Whats sitting at work????

Bluerauder
01-11-2005, 01:15 PM
I sit on my dead a$$. Actually, I have a fairly nice 6 way adjustable chair with adjustable arms, too. The problem is that it is HERE and so am I. :D

SouLRioT
01-11-2005, 01:21 PM
If you really like the vette chair, try contacting another vendor SSInsters, they sell it, and maybe you could work something out.
http://www.ssinserts.com/Merchant2/graphics/vette-chair-l.jpg (http://www.ssinserts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CCOC&Category_Code=5n)

wchain
01-11-2005, 01:27 PM
If you really like the vette chair, try contacting another vendor SSInsters, they sell it, and maybe you could work something out.
http://www.ssinserts.com/Merchant2/graphics/vette-chair-l.jpg (http://www.ssinserts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CCOC&Category_Code=5n)

1395 bucks!

If I do that, I'll get a MM office chair! :bandit:

martyo
01-11-2005, 01:27 PM

I'm done with office furniture from 1973. Somebody makes a Covette seat in an office chair but its almost 1000 bucks! I;m going to go shopping for a new chair, didn't know what you guys have tried, and liked or disliked.....

Wes, just remember, its not the chair that you sit on that makes you comfortable, it's who you keep in your knee well!

SouLRioT
01-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah but, maybe they need some megs tips, or MM locking valve caps. Who knows....

Patrick
01-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Wes, just remember, its not the chair that you sit on that makes you comfortable, it's who you keep in your knee well!

:bows: :bows: :bows:

wchain
01-11-2005, 01:46 PM

Did Barry tell you that? :P

jdando
01-11-2005, 01:57 PM
I have a somewhat crappy GRAHL. I have had my butt in it for about four years. It works, that is about all I can say for it.

We have some of these in a conference room, they are much nicer than what I have.

http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Product/0,,a10-c440-p8,00.html

jeremy

BruteForce
01-11-2005, 02:13 PM
I have two Herman Miller Aeron chairs in my office. Pricey but worth it if you sit a lot. Highly recommended.

mrjones
01-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Here ya go Wes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=7945925078&rd=1

Buy or make a pedestal, and there ya go! Maybe I'll go in halvsies and make myself one!

wchain
01-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Here ya go Wes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=7945925078&rd=1

Buy or make a pedestal, and there ya go! Maybe I'll go in halvsies and make myself one!

That would be so Bad a**. andthe back seat would make a great bench for the office. And when u dont like that the guy standing next to you is saying, deploy the side airbag.

Mike Poore
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM

Take a look at Sam's Club. Don't know how they do it, but we got leather adj. ones for under $100.

Donny Carlson
01-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Give this link a look-see

www.bizchair.com (http://www.bizchair.com/)

They are in Kennesaw, GA.... which means I (and maybe the Toddster) could actually go look at a chair or chairs and give you a report, Wes.

hdwrench
01-11-2005, 07:57 PM
well if i ever do get a chance to sit at work it is on this...

only the best :D

Marauderman
01-11-2005, 08:00 PM

.....are you kidding......I have a S/C'ed cart ---labelled # 7 of course--hee....hee..-have over 1.3 million Sq.ft. of level floor space to cover--and 4 other bldg.off site---..give me a break..--

stevengerard
01-11-2005, 08:05 PM
I don't have it but would like one - Hermannmiller!!!

Bigdogjim
01-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Hey Wes I get a new about ever year or so...

I have not found one yet to hold up to the Big Dog:rofl:

Good luck:)

ps:Go some where and sit in for a while first:up:

Bigdogjim
01-11-2005, 08:17 PM

Donny Carlson
01-11-2005, 08:18 PM

Bigdog: check out the bizchair link above ^^^^. They have "big and tall" chairs that even my huge butt can't wear out. :)

Bigdogjim
01-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Way cool Donny thanks a heap:up:

N40GL
01-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Way cool Donny thanks a heap:up:

Hey Mr. Kelly,

Recaro and Corbeau both make racing seats and convert them into office swivel chairs in, er, 'wide' sizes.

I wanted a Recaro swivel chair for years, but couldn't afford the $1.2K leather model. Then I stumbled onto the "Dispatch" chair (made for police department dispatchers to use) covered in cloth, for about $500-$600. Same chair, same adjustability, same great support, in the 'wide' size I needed. Best darn chair I ever sat in. I wish I had one like it at work. I think Corbeau (which you can get from Summit) has a similar alternative. I ordered my chair a few years ago from some place Recaro referred me to in Denver - no tax and they paid shipping. Check it out!

Ciao!

Bigdogjim
01-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey Mr. Kelly,

Recaro and Corbeau both make racing seats and convert them into office swivel chairs in, er, 'wide' sizes.

I wanted a Recaro swivel chair for years, but couldn't afford the $1.2K leather model. Then I stumbled onto the "Dispatch" chair (made for police department dispatchers to use) covered in cloth, for about $500-$600. Same chair, same adjustability, same great support, in the 'wide' size I needed. Best darn chair I ever sat in. I wish I had one like it at work. I think Corbeau (which you can get from Summit) has a similar alternative. I ordered my chair a few years ago from some place Recaro referred me to in Denver - no tax and they paid shipping. Check it out!

Ciao!

Mark thank you very,very much for the info!:up:

The problem I have is metal faitigue:rofl:

I am in and out of the chair all night long :o

I will check these out as I will need a new chair sooooon:)

N40GL
01-12-2005, 10:37 AM
The problem I have is metal fatigue

Holy smoke! I thought you were human! :dunno:

Slowpoke
01-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Allsteel Raptor at home; highback in custom dark blue fabric

I gotta tell ya.... I had a problem with the fabric on my Allsteel chair and, in accordance with their LIFETIME GUARANTEE - they sendt me free replacement parts... no questions asked.

Steelcase Rapport high back in upgraded leather at work.

I love them both!

Dr Caleb
01-12-2005, 10:45 AM
The problem I have is metal faitigue:rofl:

I hear you Big Dog. I knew I should consider a change in my eating habits when I noticed stretch marks on my car.
:rofl:

wchain
01-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Allsteel Raptor at home; highback in custom dark blue fabric

I gotta tell ya.... I had a problem with the fabric on my Allsteel chair and, in accordance with their LIFETIME GUARANTEE - they sendt me free replacement parts... no questions asked.

Steelcase Rapport high back in upgraded leather at work.

I love them both!

That raptor looks nice, looks like its not gonna be easy to buy though...only through bulk office distributors......

Slowpoke
01-12-2005, 12:09 PM
I got the Raptor from a local Office furniture dealer. It was an easy purchase and they delivered right to my building. It was no hassle at all, even with a custom fabric.

martyo
01-12-2005, 12:32 PM
It was no hassle at all, even with a custom fabric.

I thought you were not going to speak publicly about your need for water proof fabrics.

merc406
01-12-2005, 03:13 PM
I brought in the bench and rear seat from the Marauder for the office downstairs, talk about comfort. Mounted the back seat on a horizontal file cabinet, the frt's on some box speakers to bring them up to height.

wchain
01-12-2005, 03:43 PM
I brought in the bench and rear seat from the Marauder for the office downstairs, talk about comfort. Mounted the back seat on a horizontal file cabinet, the frt's on some box speakers to bring them up to height.

PICTURES! PICTURES!

Silver_04
01-12-2005, 05:28 PM
I snagged a really nice high back leather chair from one of the executive conference rooms cause they didn't have a chair for me on my first day. Seven months later, I still have the chair.

wchain
01-18-2005, 08:46 AM
I snagged a really nice high back leather chair from one of the executive conference rooms cause they didn't have a chair for me on my first day. Seven months later, I still have the chair.

Thanks to everyone! I picked up a "Stallion" Office Chair.

Cognac leather. Almost feels as good as the MM leather! Was originally 329, 249 on the tag, rang up for 219 and theres a 40 dollar rebate to boot!

Check it out here (http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=439312&cm_mmc=Shopping.com-_-Shopping%20Comp-_-Datafeed-_-Furniture)