PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler 300C SRT8 DUE SPRING

tmac1337
01-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Looks like Ford better take notice! This months Automobile Mag. The 300C SRT8 will be $39,995. MSRP. A 25% increase in power over the 300C. Tricked out by SRT to include boring the cylinders, redoing intake and exhaust to boost from 5.7 liters to 6.1 liter V8. 425 HP/420 TQ. Compression jumps from 9.6:1 to 10.3:1, peak RPM from 5400 to 6200. Upgraded 5 speed Manu-matic, differential, and axles. Included are Brembo brakes, upgraded springs, dampers, bushings, and antiroll bars, 20" aluminum wheels Good Year F1 Tires. Deeper front and rear facias, trunk spoiler, body color replaces chrome pieces on exterior.

Sounds like a very nice ride.

MarauderMark
01-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Looks like Ford better take notice! This months Automobile Mag. The 300C SRT8 will be $39,995. MSRP. A 25% increase in power over the 300C. Tricked out by SRT to include boring the cylinders, redoing intake and exhaust to boost from 5.7 liters to 6.1 liter V8. 425 HP/420 TQ. Compression jumps from 9.6:1 to 10.3:1, peak RPM from 5400 to 6200. Upgraded 5 speed Manu-matic, differential, and axles. Included are Brembo brakes, upgraded springs, dampers, bushings, and antiroll bars, 20" aluminum wheels Good Year F1 Tires. Deeper front and rear facias, trunk spoiler, body color replaces chrome pieces on exterior.

This car is Sooooooooooo tempting..Alot of thought will be going on .the wife says no but who knows ..ALOT OF THINKING!!

tmac1337
01-12-2005, 08:16 PM
This model has been selling very well. I have only seen one 300C on the road, in cream color no less. The SRT8 model having those upgrades from the factory w/o even being supercharged is fantastic. We'll have to wait and see how they sell at $40K. If you have a hook at a dealer and grab one a little over cost (I had one and picked up my Marauder when they came out for $27K) your talking probably mid $30K's but the internet will tell us the dealer cost soon.

QWK SVT
01-12-2005, 09:23 PM

I realize the stock wheels/tires on the 300C are just plain silly, but 20" wheels??? Assuming a 26-27" tire, I think that's overkill, and will add a LOT of extra rolling mass (and therfore hinder acceleration)... With any luck the additional body styling will make it less painful to look at.

Joe Walsh
01-12-2005, 10:44 PM
I've got to give Chrysler credit for letting SRT (Street and Racing Technology group) build the 300C SRT-8. It will be one mean 4 door.
But as quoted in Car & Lier, Dan Knott, director of SRT says: "We went for the James Bond approach to performance, You pull up next to somebody at the light, and you know you have the confidence to blow his doors off, even if he doesn't recognize you."
I think that most SRT-8 buyers will believe that they are invincible, especially against a slowww Marauder...heh heh heh :D ;)
OH what FUN I will have this spring once my 'built' 5.0 Liter (305 cid) DOHC comes to life!!!

P.S. Car & Lier is predicting 0-60 in 5.0 sec / 13.4 @ 105mph for the 300c SRT-8

bigslim
01-12-2005, 10:54 PM
I had already addressed this same issue earlier in a thread. All I will say to this thread is between Chrysler and their 425hp 300C STR-8 and GM with their 440hp STS-V Ford better get off their butts and get to work on some cars we really want.

jerrym3
01-13-2005, 06:50 AM
Just wait till Ford answers GM and Chrysler with their Ford 500/Montego SVT version.

Any day now, ..................any day now........................... ...

Logan
01-13-2005, 06:50 AM
That would be assuming that the mod market doesn't start up for the SRT's... The aftermarket for the 300c is exploding and will for the SRT8 too I'm sure. At 10k less than a CTS-V, alot of folks will be considering it for a daily driver, I know I'm certainly thinking about it.

I've got to give Chrysler credit for letting SRT (Street and Racing Technology group) build the 300C SRT-8. It will be one mean 4 door.
But as quoted in Car & Lier, Dan Knott, director of SRT says: "We went for the James Bond approach to performance, You pull up next to somebody at the light, and you know you have the confidence to blow his doors off, even if he doesn't recognize you."
I think that most SRT-8 buyers will believe that they are invincible, especially against a slowww Marauder...heh heh heh :D ;)
OH what FUN I will have this spring once my 'built' 5.0 Liter (305 cid) DOHC comes to life!!!

P.S. Car & Lier is predicting 0-60 in 5.0 sec / 13.4 @ 105mph for the 300c SRT-8

Hack Goby
01-13-2005, 07:03 AM
Had a little fun with what I beleve is one on I-696 last summer.The car had a realy different sound to it and those stealth rims you dont see on a regular 300.Tag says its a test car.I tried to get him to get on it but he was having no part of it. http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/zdthdhhg.JPG

ADE 1000
01-13-2005, 07:10 AM
The SRT-8 in either 300C or Magnum form looks to be one hell of a nice ride. I am suprised the were able to still hold the base price to less than $40K. Fully loaded with nav, it comes to about $43K. Definetly a raging bargain.

Motor Trend tested it in this months issue vs the GTO and CTS-V. It did 0-60 in 4.9s, only a tick slower than the CTS-V.

Cobra25
01-13-2005, 07:31 AM

Sounds like a very nice ride. Hay Tim, does this mean some of us will be trading in some of our Marauders?

Joe Walsh
01-13-2005, 07:59 AM
That would be assuming that the mod market doesn't start up for the SRT's... The aftermarket for the 300c is exploding and will for the SRT8 too I'm sure. At 10k less than a CTS-V, alot of folks will be considering it for a daily driver, I know I'm certainly thinking about it.

If my Marauder with the new 5.0 DOHC gets 'owned' by a modified 300C SRT-8.....then I guess that its time to ante up for a Supercharger! :D

bigslim
01-13-2005, 09:46 AM
I was lurking around the 300C board and there are a few guys that have ordered the 300C SRT-8 and one of them said after all options and tax the car came to over $46,000. Also Logan, over at that board the guys have said that that the aftermarket in terms of performance is moving slow. The tuner shops are still having problems breaking the computer codes.

MarauderMark
01-13-2005, 09:46 AM
Just wait till Ford answers GM and Chrysler with their Ford 500/Montego SVT version.

Any day now, ..................any day now........................... ...

I hope ford doesn't go with the 500/montego :puke: .Those cars look awful.Maybe something like a SVT Gm or even a SVT Marauder made for one year.Yea!! :banana:

tmac1337
01-13-2005, 10:05 AM
Hay Tim, does this mean some of us will be trading in some of our Marauders?

I don't know about that Zoltan, every time you drive a car off the lot it's value drops. But look what Chrysler is getting RIGHT when originally designing this car. I think about all the modifications I had to do to my car to get it to feel like a performance sport sedan, and now see that a lot of these will be included in that car from the getgo. They obviously are not concerning themselves with gas mileage either, just performance.

tmac1337
01-13-2005, 10:09 AM
If my Marauder with the new 5.0 DOHC gets 'owned' by a modified 300C SRT-8.....then I guess that its time to ante up for a Supercharger! :D

It's nice to see your doing some engine work! To do the internals into a 5.0, how much is this going to cost you? What do you expect your HP and TQ to be after? I know this has been discussed before, has anybody else done it and know the answers?

wsmylie
01-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Gotta admit...that Chrysler hot rod is pretty tempting, especially if (as mentioned earlier) you can find a motivated dealer willing to dicker and pick it up "out the door" for the mid to high thirties. Heck of a package for the price IMHO.

deerejoe
01-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Something happens between 30 and 60...age, NOT MPH.
We at 60 to + tend to look at the issues of 'new iron' differently than our juniors.

For example: Mopar has never offered a performance vehicle that was ashamed to partake deeply at the fuel trough...and the SRT-8 will be no exception. The 8 to 4 cylinder 'cycling' option is not mentioned as a feature nor has any appreciable feed back been posted as to its ability to deliver decent returns on the 5.7 HEMI's so equipped.

One of the great 'stealth' features of the Marauder is the surprise performance it delivers compared to what the public expects of the 'other Ford' product.
Everyone (familiar with the SRT-8 badge) will be expecting great performance from this new entry. Imagine the chagrin of losing (a drag) to 'lesser' performance cars...like a Marauder...whoa!!!

And to expect after paying whatever you can get a dealer to accept; putting additional dollars out for the after market bolt-ons (if available) to go after that 'old' Marauder for a grudge match finale...well you begin to get the picture.

I tend to move slowly on decisions of where and why to invest money these days. When you consider all the issues to date with this 'old' Marauder of ours, that SRT-8 poses a bunch of unanswered questions that have already been discussed and RESOLVED for the Marauder.
Besides, the Marauder is mostly a one-off car...the SRT-8 could well be the next cookie cutter variety that appears all about town...something to THINK about.

DEFYANT
01-13-2005, 11:43 AM
40K???? Plus tax, title & tags? And that car is but ugly! I'd rather have a S/C MM for under 36K. With all this talk of Mville III right at Fords doorstep, there is a good chance the MM or some variation of a 4dr performance vehicle will return to the line up.

Frankly, I like being part of an exclusive group of rare cars. I'd be happy if things stay just as they are.

Joe Walsh
01-13-2005, 06:53 PM
We at 60 to + tend to look at the issues of 'new iron' differently than our juniors.

For example: Mopar has never offered a performance vehicle that was ashamed to partake deeply at the fuel trough...and the SRT-8 will be no exception. The 8 to 4 cylinder 'cycling' option is not mentioned as a feature nor has any appreciable feed back been posted as to its ability to deliver decent returns on the 5.7 HEMI's so equipped.

One of the great 'stealth' features of the Marauder is the surprise performance it delivers compared to what the public expects of the 'other Ford' product.
Everyone (familiar with the SRT-8 badge) will be expecting great performance from this new entry. Imagine the chagrin of losing (a drag) to 'lesser' performance cars...like a Marauder...whoa!!!

And to expect after paying whatever you can get a dealer to accept; putting additional dollars out for the after market bolt-ons (if available) to go after that 'old' Marauder for a grudge match finale...well you begin to get the picture.

I tend to move slowly on decisions of where and why to invest money these days. When you consider all the issues to date with this 'old' Marauder of ours, that SRT-8 poses a bunch of unanswered questions that have already been discussed and RESOLVED for the Marauder.
Besides, the Marauder is mostly a one-off car...the SRT-8 could well be the next cookie cutter variety that appears all about town...something to THINK about.

Exactly...I LOVE being the underdog in my heavy, 'slow' Marauder...
Thanks to the MM reviews like Car & Lier gave, the Marauder is actually a sleeper!

Joe Walsh
01-13-2005, 07:23 PM
It's nice to see your doing some engine work! To do the internals into a 5.0, how much is this going to cost you? What do you expect your HP and TQ to be after? I know this has been discussed before, has anybody else done it and know the answers?

I'm having Modular Performance sleeve an Aluminum Block* with 3.700" bores, add a forged Cobra crank, Manley forged 'H' beam rods, Diamond forged pistons with coated tops & skirts, Ported heads with SS valves, Crower Cams, springs, locks and keepers, reworked/unshrouded combustion chambers to match 3.700" bore, Extrude-honed intake, ARP head studs, ARP main studs, ARP2000 rod bolts, DSS main cap girdle, Billet oil pump gears, Cobra Oil pump, plus all my original 'bolt-on' modifications.
3.700" bore x 3.5433" stroke = 304.78 cid (4.995 Liters)
I have no idea what kind of HP & TQ I'll get until I have it running and DYNO TUNED but I expect to run at least lowwww 13s 'on the motor'.
I was running lowww 14s with the stock internal 281 cid engine without the 2800 rpm stall Torque Converter nor a dyno tune/chip and the OEM 3.55 gears.

The 'big bore' provides substantial flow increases (7-8%) by itself, no porting, chamber work, etc. I was really suprised when I pulled my heads and saw how crammed the valves are. They are right up against the edge of the combustion chambers.

*They are using a 'Mountain Motor' block out of an Explorer which is supposed to be a beefier block than my OEM block. Plus I get to retain my OEM/numbers matching short block for safe keeping... :)

I haven't added up all the damages yet.....$$$$.....but I expect to be in the $8,500.00 range.......cams are $1,000+ by themselves!!! :eek:

tmac1337
01-13-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm having Modular Performance sleeve an Aluminum Block* with 3.700" bores, add a forged Cobra crank, Manley forged 'H' beam rods, Diamond forged pistons with coated tops & skirts, Ported heads with SS valves, Crower Cams, springs, locks and keepers, reworked/unshrouded combustion chambers to match 3.700" bore, Extrude-honed intake, ARP head studs, ARP main studs, ARP2000 rod bolts, DSS main cap girdle, Billet oil pump gears, Cobra Oil pump, plus all my original 'bolt-on' modifications.
3.700" bore x 3.5433" stroke = 304.78 cid (4.995 Liters)
I have no idea what kind of HP & TQ I'll get until I have it running and DYNO TUNED but I expect to run at least lowwww 13s 'on the motor'.
I was running lowww 14s with the stock internal 281 cid engine without the 2800 rpm stall Torque Converter nor a dyno tune/chip and the OEM 3.55 gears.

The 'big bore' provides substantial flow increases (7-8%) by itself, no porting, chamber work, etc. I was really suprised when I pulled my heads and saw how crammed the valves are. They are right up against the edge of the combustion chambers.

*They are using a 'Mountain Motor' block out of an Explorer which is supposed to be a beefier block than my OEM block. Plus I get to retain my OEM/numbers matching short block for safe keeping... :)

I haven't added up all the damages yet.....$$$$.....but I expect to be in the $8,500.00 range.......cams are $1,000+ by themselves!!! :eek:

I look forward to seeing your results. Sounds like you'll be able to run it very hard without worries.

Joe Walsh
01-13-2005, 10:03 PM
I look forward to seeing your results. Sounds like you'll be able to run it very hard without worries.

Here SRT-8...Here SRT-8...heh heh heh. :D :burn:

DEFYANT
01-13-2005, 10:50 PM
1K for cams?? I was seeing prices around 2K. + another 1800 to getm installed.

Joe Walsh
01-14-2005, 05:08 AM
I got my Crower Cams from Summit Racing for $990. Within a week they had raised their price to $1,200. I don't know what they are selling for now.

Mike Poore
01-14-2005, 06:26 AM
Here SRT-8...Here SRT-8...heh heh heh. :D :burn:
Boy, Joe. Perhaps it's gonna get better for me, and I've grown to like the looks of cars that hit me as ugly at first blush; but, darned if this 300C doesn't take some getting used to. It's that big chrome mouth that's doing it, I think; yet I liked the photo of the 300C convert James posted a few days ago. Go figure.:dunno:

The real reason I posted on this thread is because I'm interested in your engine project, which, by the way, sounds fantastic; and to give you a full ration for not showing up at Big Bats last Sunday. Aaaaa Pancho, where you were?:D

metroplex
01-14-2005, 08:46 AM
The Pontiac GTO for '05 is a HAIR slower than the SRT-8 but at about $10k less w/o the fugly German look of the 300C. The GTO is fugly... but hopefully you can convince ppl you have a RWD/V8 Cavalier.

wm1964
01-14-2005, 12:29 PM
My wife drives a 300M (99) and it has been a total POS since 3 weeks after purchase. Too many problems to list! :mad2: :mad2: She loves the car, so we still have it, but she likes the 300C. :alone: Chrysler has never been a must have car for me, and this one is just plain UGLY! If she insists on the 300C I guess I will have to convince her the SRT is worth the extra bucks. Maybe I could learn to like it if it runs like they say it will.

MYSTA KANG
01-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Well MOPAR is back and they are lettin' them hang and drag the floor.........no pun intended. I have been following the 300 for quite some time and I am seeing the changes MOPAR has made. All I can say is be very careful of challenging the 300's one might be the SRT and hand you ass to you on a plate.

Well Ford and Chevy its your turn to get back into the muscle car business cause from the looks of it the big rear wheel muscle car is back.

Joe Walsh
01-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Well MOPAR is back and they are lettin' them hang and drag the floor.........no pun intended. I have been following the 300 for quite some time and I am seeing the changes MOPAR has made. All I can say is be very careful of challenging the 300's one might be the SRT and hand you ass to you on a plate.
Well Ford and Chevy its your turn to get back into the muscle car business cause from the looks of it the big rear wheel muscle car is back.

NAWWW!!! I'm gonna go looking for SRT-8 owners just to wipe that smug look off their faces....With 425hp & 6.1 Liters, they will be quite confident that a Marauder with a little 302 hp; 4.6 Liter engine is NO match for them.
I may forget to tell them that my Marauder has a ''built' 5.0 Liter DOHC... :D ;)

MarauderMark
01-14-2005, 04:32 PM
NAWWW!!! I'm gonna go looking for SRT-8 owners just to wipe that smug look off their faces....With 425hp & 6.1 Liters, they will be quite confident that a Marauder with a little 302 hp; 4.6 Liter engine is NO match for them.
I may forget to tell them that my Marauder has a ''built' 5.0 Liter DOHC... :D ;)

Yea boooyeeee. i like the way you think!!! Well hook up one night just to go around an whoop some a$$..
Damn Joe thats gonna be an impressive on just engine alone .just imagine what a s/cer will do.can't wait to see your S****T P*****T.. :up:

Joe Walsh
01-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Yea boooyeeee. i like the way you think!!! Well hook up one night just to go around an whoop some a$$..
Damn Joe thats gonna be an impressive on just engine alone .just imagine what a s/cer will do.can't wait to see your S****T P*****T.. :up:

Thanks Mark,
I definitely want to head up your way and go drag racing at Cecil County. I've never been up there, but I hear that it is a really nice track. :2thumbs:
I can't wait to get everything back together and running....It's been 8 lonnnng months without my Marauder. It will be worth the wait to have my MM run even faster!
Speaking of getting a Marauder back together....What's the latest on your engine???

P.S. I've been thinking the same thing about adding a Supercharger.....It would be WICKED! BUT....I'm all out of $$$$ for any more mods.....for now ;)

MM2004
01-15-2005, 07:33 AM
Rather interesting, . . .

http://www.allpar.com/cars/lx/srt8-chrysler.html

tmac1337
01-15-2005, 09:36 AM
P.S. I've been thinking the same thing about adding a Supercharger.....It would be WICKED! BUT....I'm all out of $$$$ for any more mods.....for now ;)

With what your engine should be doing, why bother.

Joe Walsh
01-15-2005, 09:54 PM
With what your engine should be doing, why bother.

You know the old saying; Too much horsepower is just right!

QWK SVT
01-16-2005, 12:28 AM
The performance numbers look good quite good, This should prove to be good competition for modded N/A Marauders... Stock for stock, not even close...

For the price tag, I'd stick with the Marauder. Performance can be improved easily, looks cannot. :puke:
http://www.allpar.com/images/chrysler/srt-8.jpg

one bad dakota
01-16-2005, 07:05 AM
That trap speed is what got me-108.1MPH. At 4200lbs without driver, that motor is underrated at 425HP.

Joe Walsh
01-16-2005, 08:30 AM
The performance numbers look good quite good, This should prove to be good competition for modded N/A Marauders... Stock for stock, not even close...

For the price tag, I'd stick with the Marauder. Performance can be improved easily, looks cannot. :puke: http://www.allpar.com/images/chrysler/srt-8.jpg

LOL......SO TRUE!

MarauderMark
01-16-2005, 09:06 AM
That trap speed is what got me-108.1MPH. At 4200lbs without driver, that motor is underrated at 425HP.

with the right driver it may hit mid to low 12's .a few more mods who knows maybe 11's

BillyGman
01-16-2005, 03:23 PM
with the right driver it may hit mid to low 12's .a few more mods who knows maybe 11's
Please correct me if I've missed something here, but I don't think that 425HP moving 4200LBS will ever equate to low 12's in the quartermile, and I'd be very surprised if anyone will even get mid 12's out of that combo.

TripleTransAm
01-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Please correct me if I've missed something here, but I don't think that 425HP moving 4200LBS will ever equate to low 12's in the quartermile, and I'd be very surprised if anyone will even get mid 12's out of that combo.

I agree. With some quickie calculations, I'm guessing it *might* see low to mid 13s in magazine testing... perhaps mid 13s solidly. This, based on aerodynamics and what I believe to be the motor's power band.

Bradley G
01-16-2005, 04:59 PM
I would'nt trade.the article states 13'snot twelves or elevens.I do think W/ over six liters they have more to work with than our puny little 4.6's.If they offer a blower eventually (Matter of time) it will be a contender! Ugly yes, but still the only one;V-8 full size performance sedan being produced!
Bradley G

Joe Walsh
01-16-2005, 05:05 PM
I would'nt trade.the article states 13'snot twelves or elevens.I do think W/ over six liters they have more to work with than our puny little 4.6's.If they offer a blower eventually (Matter of time) it will be a contender! Ugly yes, but still the only one;V-8 full size performance sedan being produced!
Bradley G

When the SRT-8s finally get an aftermarket supercharger it will all boil down to traction....(as I'm sure any Trilogy MM owners will concur)

BillyGman
01-16-2005, 05:50 PM
LOL....I dunno, I'm still having a tough time believing that anyone that is serious enough about performance driving, drag racing, or the like, enough to be seriously considering a $5K, $6K, or $7K modification such a supercharger, would ever buy a car that looks like a brick on wheels like that thang does. :puke:

So when I see one at the dragstrip with headers, drag radials, and even a supercharger, then I'll believe it. Until then, I just think it's all talk. The only thing about it's body style that I find even remotely appealing is the chop-Top look from the side view just as the Dodge Magnum has. But to look at that thang from the front or the back view is downrightGROSS!!!!! (also just like the Dodge Magnum:puke: ). So I think that they simply wasted a good engine on a poor excuse for a body style. Just like the GTO. :puke:

By comparisant, the Marauder despite it's huge size and colossal weight, looks very sports car like, and even Hot-Roddish. Whereas that 300C thang looks like an old man's car IMO. There's nothing sporty nor Go-Fast looking about it. It would only serve as a serious sleeper, and a very ugly one at that. Atleast you get all kinds of looks and attention when you're driving in your Marauder. With that thang you might get someone to puke on it. :puke: :flamer:

Bradley G
01-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Don't hold back Billy!With pukie smilies 6x's on your post I got the idea you don't like the way the only full size RWD V-8 in production looks!I bet you would like the view of one in your rearview mirror!;) Even ugly cars need:marauder:

Bradley G

BillyGman
01-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Even ugly cars need:marauder:

LOL.........yeah Brad, that's what my married friends tell me when they're trying to fix me up w/their 300LB sisters. :D

bigslim
01-17-2005, 05:47 PM
LOL....I dunno, I'm still having a tough time believing that anyone that is serious enough about performance driving, drag racing, or the like, enough to be seriously considering a $5K, $6K, or $7K modification such a supercharger, would ever buy a car that looks like a brick on wheels like that thang does. :puke:

So when I see one at the dragstrip with headers, drag radials, and even a supercharger, then I'll believe it. Until then, I just think it's all talk. The only thing about it's body style that I find even remotely appealing is the chop-Top look from the side view just as the Dodge Magnum has. But to look at that thang from the front or the back view is downrightGROSS!!!!! (also just like the Dodge Magnum:puke: ). So I think that they simply wasted a good engine on a poor excuse for a body style. Just like the GTO. :puke:

By comparisant, the Marauder despite it's huge size and colossal weight, looks very sports car like, and even Hot-Roddish. Whereas that 300C thang looks like an old man's car IMO. There's nothing sporty nor Go-Fast looking about it. It would only serve as a serious sleeper, and a very ugly one at that. Atleast you get all kinds of looks and attention when you're driving in your Marauder. With that thang you might get someone to puke on it. :puke: :flamer:
Billy, some people can't believe we modify a car that looks like a police car or a taxicab. I myself like the looks of the 300 but I am getting tired of seeing all over the place. Chrysler has sold over 100,000 of them.

Bradley G
01-17-2005, 05:50 PM
I hope it's twin sisters!:shot:

Bradley G

LOL.........yeah Brad, that's what my married friends tell me when they're trying to fix me up w/their 300LB sisters. :D

BillyGman
01-18-2005, 02:32 AM
Billy, some people can't believe we modify a car that looks like a police car or a taxicab. I myself like the looks of the 300 but I am getting tired of seeing all over the place. Chrysler has sold over 100,000 of them.I understand your point. The way that I look at it, there isn't any cop car that sounds like mine does w/the Kooks headers and exhaust, nor one that has 18" mag wheels like Marauders do either. But I know that there are other people that still don't see the Marauder as anything else than a cop car. However, I will say that we get a lot more attention from people when we drive our Marauders than any cop car gets. And I'm not talking about the kind of attention that people give you when they're speeding, and they're worried about you giving them a ticket.

I'm talking about when they pull up next to you, and ask you what kind of car is that, and what do you have under the hood of that thing, and how that car is "Bad", etc., etc.......I still haven't seen any 300C's nor Magnums at the track yet. I know it's early in their production yet, but I'll be shocked to see any of them racing.

MarauderMark
01-18-2005, 06:11 AM
but I'll be shocked to see any of them racing.

We have one down here @ cecil county .A crossfire s/ced v8 .without lighting up the tires it turned a 12.8 or 12'6 can't remember exactly in what looked like stock trim i mean nothing fancy about it regular rims look like regular tires as well...And man those thing are goofy looking.but fast.

duhtroll
01-18-2005, 06:13 AM
According to their site, many of them race. Looks are in the eye of the beholder. Most of their drivers think their car looks much better than ours. For every one of us, there are at least 3 of "them."

I'll bet we see several s/c entries as soon as one hits the market. I'll bet a few SRT-8s hit the track, modded. I don't know how many they plan to produce, but they'll have their percentage of enthusaists, just like we do.

Since our car is officially dead as far as Ford goes, I'm happy at least SOMEONE is making a decent sedan. I don't care much for the DCB looks either, but Ford has lost my future business unless they figure things out.

Like it or not, it looks like the near future belongs to Chrysler. Sure it's sad to say, but to deny it is kinda silly.

-A

prchrman
01-18-2005, 06:44 AM
The SRT8 will still have the same ugly front end look...but...hey guys and gals lets not be sour grapes about a car that will be as quick as it is and moves the performance bar up for other brands...to me we are starting to sound like a few of the SS guys that have cracked on our MMs...the SRT8 will be quicker than ours out of the box, period...we and they can mod use up dollars and one be quicker than the other but I prefer to be happy with my MM...I really love the looks and performance of the MM...it is not the fastest thing I own nor was that my intention...have a good time racing them but let's not forget throwing dirt only leads to losing ground...I think the SS, MM and now the 300C guys have common ground...at least it is not rice, eh...willie

Bradley G
01-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Good point Joe,
Won't that hot rod Chrysler have wider stock tires than the Marauder?I should cool it with the harsh critizems eh?
Bradley G
When the SRT-8s finally get an aftermarket supercharger it will all boil down to traction....(as I'm sure any Trilogy MM owners will concur)

TripleTransAm
01-19-2005, 07:44 AM
Willie, my thoughts exactly.

michburt
01-19-2005, 01:49 PM

I'm living proof that you never outgrow your need for speed. I'm 63 (happy birthday to me) and still do the hot rod and motorcycle thing.

Mike:)

WantOneSoBad
02-16-2005, 05:21 AM
I want a Silver 04 MM, a Black 05 SRT-8, and a Maroon 96 SS. Give me those and I'll be like Smeagle with his stupid little ring.

JohnnyB
02-16-2005, 08:33 AM
I've seen more 300's on the road this year than I have see MM's in the past 2 years. I think 400+ HP out of the box is impressive, but I'm tuned off by the overall look of the 300. Maybe the rumor of the MM returning in 2006 will be true because as of now, Ford does not have anything to compete with the 300, Charger, etc....

BillyGman
02-16-2005, 08:39 AM
yeah, my viewpoint is that if ricers look at that car and say...."Man, there's another ugly lookin American car"....then they will have a valid point, because I agree with them. people can say that it's an Amarican car with a V8 uder the hood, but I think that it's a very poor representation because of the way it looks. ofcourse, ricers would have no room to talk because of how their cars all look like they should be driven by little girls, but that's another story.......

Freddyss
02-16-2005, 08:52 AM
I want a Silver 04 MM, a Black 05 SRT-8, and a Maroon 96 SS. Give me those and I'll be like Smeagle with his stupid little ring.

i want a black mm

MENINBLK
02-16-2005, 10:57 AM

Stay away from MY PRECIOUS !!! :D

mpearce
02-16-2005, 11:27 AM
we get a lot more attention from people when we drive our Marauders than any cop car gets. I'm talking about when they pull up next to you, and ask you what kind of car is that, and what do you have under the hood of that thing, and how that car is "Bad", etc., etc.......
This I agree with. But it is also one of my biggest pet peves. People who dress their MM up "cop - style". Or people who ruin the original look of the car with goofy additions of cop stickers, and glue on PI badges that didn't originally come on the car. IMO, these are ricer tendancies. There's no difference from a PI badge, and a "Type-R" stick on badge that ricers put on a regular stock honda.

People (around here at least) go out of their way to pull up next to me to either, ask what it is, ask how much it costs, ask how I like it, give me a big thumbs up or smile, or compliment it in some fashion. Never have I been asked if it's a cop car. Never has anyone ever told me it looks like one. Not once at a drag strip has anyone ever made any sort of cop remark whatsoever. I really don't see the fascination with the whole cop thing.

No dissrespect to any of our LEO members at all. I know there are many.

IMO I bought this car because it was unique, beautiful, different, and bada$$. I didn't buy this car to fit into a ricer niche, or a cop club.

The 300C will never be what our Marauders are, regardless of what kind of engine goes in it. I'm proud to be a member of the Unique crowd.

-Mat

BillyGman
02-16-2005, 11:38 PM
I hear ya.....I dunno why anyone is, or would be, a cop wanna-be.....I respect officers of the Law, and appreciate most of them too. I also have family on the force. But I don't go out of my way to make my Marauder to look like a cop car. However, having the 16" black steel wheels on it for the snow tires in the winter does make it look like a cop car. But other than that, I'm surpised to hear you say that you've seen some guys deliberately trying to make their Marauders look like cop cars. I've yet to see that myself amongst Marauder owners, with perhaps the one exception of someone mounting ram bars on the front bumper of their Marauder (not my cup of tea either).

In my observations, it's usually been some Crown Vic owners who make their car look like cop cars, much more so than Marauder owners.