PDA

View Full Version : For my Law Enforcement friends

Brutus
01-13-2005, 08:54 AM
I will have 2 extra 55th Presidential Inaugural Protection Detail Team Commemorative Badges. I expect to have them by the end of the month and will post a picture of it later when I can. Of course this will be a first come first serve basis, and please only Law Enforcement personnel. I will charge my cost plus shipping. I expect them to be about 45-50 dollars.

SouLRioT
01-13-2005, 08:57 AM
I'll take one for my dad whos a LEO, I'm just a LEA. PM will be sent.

2003 MIB
01-13-2005, 09:17 AM
How cool is that!!??!! Sadly, I don't meet the qualifications for purchase.

Brutus
01-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Both Badges have been spoken for. I will be on the detail and was supposed to be able to pick them up while there, however they have had alot of orders and will be shipping it to my house, hopefully by the end of the month. Pic posted below.

Bluerauder
01-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Both Badges have been spoken for.
Very nice badge !!! So, how did you get selected for the "special" assignment?

FiveO
01-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Nice.

Not my cup of tea...but very nice.

Brutus
01-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Very nice badge !!! So, how did you get selected for the "special" assignment?

I was personally recommended by Cpt. Wedley!! :D

SouLRioT
01-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Brutus, I'll ask you here since I'm sure others would like to know, but what department are you with and who will be issued this badge?

Brutus
01-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Brutus, I'll ask you here since I'm sure others would like to know, but what department are you with and who will be issued this badge?
I am with the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office here in Maryland. As far as who is issued this badge, it is my understanding that only those LEO's that are on the protection detail can order this (up to 5 per person). When you order it they check your name and id# against the list they have. It should be pretty interesting. I just hope for fairly warm weather. I will be somewhere along the parade route next thursday. There was also rumor that W. was going to appear at one of the briefings before the parade.

SouLRioT
01-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Very cool, we'll I hope you have fun, and everything goes well.

Constable
01-13-2005, 10:09 PM
I know it's a long-shot, but if one of the "takers" backs out, I'd like to be next on the list. Congrats on the appointment.

seans
01-14-2005, 06:36 AM
I do all of the dignitary protection work for my department and would also love one of those badges if you know of anyone else looking to get rid of their extra badges.

Bluerauder
01-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I was personally recommended by Cpt. Wedley!! :D
I should have watched the Cpt Wedley video before reading this post initially. :lol: I thought you were talking about your Captain .... :D

Brutus
01-14-2005, 08:23 PM
I should have watched the Cpt Wedley video before reading this post initially. :lol: I thought you were talking about your Captain .... :D

Yea, probably make more sense now huh? I think I have watched it about 20 times now. I love it!!!

PJR
01-15-2005, 09:06 AM
I am also a little late. I am interested should an additional badge free up. I'll add it to my collection of National Law Officer's Memorial badges. Let me know. Thanks.

SouLRioT
01-29-2005, 06:27 PM
I am with the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office here in Maryland. As far as who is issued this badge, it is my understanding that only those LEO's that are on the protection detail can order this (up to 5 per person). When you order it they check your name and id# against the list they have. It should be pretty interesting. I just hope for fairly warm weather. I will be somewhere along the parade route next thursday. There was also rumor that W. was going to appear at one of the briefings before the parade.

So, how was the detail? Hopefuly it was uneventful, and fairly easy.

Brutus
01-29-2005, 08:35 PM
So, how was the detail? Hopefuly it was uneventful, and fairly easy.
It was fun. It was really cold but alot of fun. I have never seen so many diferent Law Enforcement agencies outside of a funeral. There was just over 3000 people participating from all over the Country. Even L.A. County had some guys there. Chicago sent 360 !! Chief Ramsey spoke at the briefing and is a very cooll guy. There was some protest but nothing where we were. They put us up at the Hilton and Bush came there 2 different nights for the Balls. Oh yea there was a Medal of Honor Ball at the Hilton so I got to meet alot of medal winners. It was also the Hilton where Reagan got shot. I had a very nice time and would do it again in a minute. Should know something soon on the badges.

Brutus
02-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Badges are in! I have have sent e-mails/ PM's to those I spoke with.

mmmmmmarauder
02-11-2005, 12:17 PM
at virtually any cost
my uncle would love it
as a surprise present...

He is a Detective in the suburbs
with twenty years in service.

Peter
greekchicago@hotmail.com