PDA

View Full Version : Replaced the Ranger...

2003 MIB
01-13-2005, 11:48 AM
My stepdaughter gets her driver's license in February. After some "insightful input" from my Bride- "we" reached the conclusion that one of "us" was insane for owning three vehicles that no one can or should drive:
The Ranger was a 5 speed. The women of my household do not possess the coordination nor inclination to operate such a device.
The ebay Jaguar with the 400 SBC needs a little more work before I would be comfortable letting the wife on the open road. Our new driver has no business with this car- period.
My Marauder is...My Marauder- I think y'all can understand my twisted obsession with this vehicle.
Coli's Tribute performs all the kid shuttling activity quite nicely but is a little cramped when we all go somewhere together.
So, we were rapidly running out of places to park and the logical choice was to trade in the Ranger on a 2005 F150 Supercab.
I believe this to be the perfect vehicle for the following reasons:
1) It seats six comfortably- That's all of us with one extra seat to spare.
2) It is an automatic- we can all drive it.
3) It has no carpet. Black rubber flooring-The children are messy and usually sticky.
4) It has cruise control- the Ranger did not. My commute is much happier.
5) I can still haul greasy stuff in the bed- not so with an SUV or minivan.
6) It has a 6 disc changer in the dash.
7) It has six cupholders.
8) The 4.6 SOHC makes adequate power for me.
9) This vehicle has the best outside visability of anything I've ever owned. NO blind spots.
10) There's more room for my "Ask me about my Marauder" bumper stickers.
Seriously, if you need a truck this thing is really cool. My $.02

DEFYANT
01-13-2005, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE=2003 MIB]The Ranger was a 5 speed. The women of my household do not possess the coordination nor inclination to operate such a device./QUOTE]

:rofl: This is my wife to a tee!!!!!:rofl:

2003 MIB
01-13-2005, 11:57 AM
The daughter's brief time behind the wheel in the empty parking lot was akin to watching a monkey making love to a football.

wchain
01-13-2005, 12:08 PM
My stepdaughter gets her driver's license in February. After some "insightful input" from my Bride- "we" reached the conclusion that one of "us" was insane for owning three vehicles that no one can or should drive:
The Ranger was a 5 speed. The women of my household do not possess the coordination nor inclination to operate such a device.
The ebay Jaguar with the 400 SBC needs a little more work before I would be comfortable letting the wife on the open road. Our new driver has no business with this car- period.
My Marauder is...My Marauder- I think y'all can understand my twisted obsession with this vehicle.
Coli's Tribute performs all the kid shuttling activity quite nicely but is a little cramped when we all go somewhere together.
So, we were rapidly running out of places to park and the logical choice was to trade in the Ranger on a 2005 F150 Supercab.
I believe this to be the perfect vehicle for the following reasons:
1) It seats six comfortably- That's all of us with one extra seat to spare.
2) It is an automatic- we can all drive it.
3) It has no carpet. Black rubber flooring-The children are messy and usually sticky.
4) It has cruise control- the Ranger did not. My commute is much happier.
5) I can still haul greasy stuff in the bed- not so with an SUV or minivan.
6) It has a 6 disc changer in the dash.
7) It has six cupholders.
8) The 4.6 SOHC makes adequate power for me.
9) This vehicle has the best outside visability of anything I've ever owned. NO blind spots.
10) There's more room for my "Ask me about my Marauder" bumper stickers.
Seriously, if you need a truck this thing is really cool. My $.02

SuperCAB or SuperCREW?

Patrick
01-13-2005, 12:22 PM
The daughter's brief time behind the wheel in the empty parking lot was akin to watching a monkey making love to a football.

Great choice Dan. Just watch the Monkey comments!!!
:poke: :lol:

2003 MIB
01-13-2005, 12:23 PM
SuperCAB or SuperCREW?
It's the extended cab with the suicide rear doors, Wes. Did I get the name wrong?- wouldn't be the first time....:o

2003 MIB
01-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Great choice Dan. Just watch the Monkey comments!!!
:poke: :lol:
Diggin' the avitar, Patrick!!

Mike Poore
01-13-2005, 12:36 PM
It's the extended cab with the suicide rear doors, Wes. Did I get the name wrong?- wouldn't be the first time....:o
I thought you were talking about a Super Crew, as well. It's the one our son, John bought, after seeing Tasha's. It has a short bed, right?:)

2003 MIB
01-13-2005, 12:51 PM
I thought you were talking about a Super Crew, as well. It's the one our son, John bought, after seeing Tasha's. It has a short bed, right?:)
Yes, it's the 6.5 ft bed. It is like Tasha's truck but with fewer options. Her ride is VERY sweet.

ParkRanger
01-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Phew! Thought I was being replaced for a second. :o

PR :burnout:

Petrograde
01-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks Dan! :up: I laughed my a$$ off!!!

woaface
01-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Read an article once on teen driving. Maybe in USA Today or something. I think the large F-series trucks were the most reccomended for teenagers / new drivers due to their capabilites and safety.

2003DOHC
01-13-2005, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=2003 MIB]The Ranger was a 5 speed. The women of my household do not possess the coordination nor inclination to operate such a device./QUOTE]

My wife also sigh :(
Enjoy the new truck!! :banana2:

2003 MIB
01-14-2005, 04:58 AM
Read an article once on teen driving. Maybe in USA Today or something. I think the large F-series trucks were the most reccomended for teenagers / new drivers due to their capabilites and safety.
Cool!- I didn't know that, James. Makes me feel like a genius.

MAD-3R's Wife
01-14-2005, 06:17 AM

You know, I never could figure out why people don't like 5 speeds. The only reason I don't still drive one is the truck only came automatic. Oh well. :alone:

Haggis
01-14-2005, 06:18 AM

Monkey..Football...HaaHaa...I get it now. :lol:

You should have went with the F-250 Superduty, 6.0 Turbo Diesel.

2003 MIB
01-14-2005, 06:28 AM
You know, I never could figure out why people don't like 5 speeds. The only reason I don't still drive one is the truck only came automatic. Oh well. :alone:
I think for the average driver it requires too much attention to the actual job of driving. I dunno.