PDA

View Full Version : Rear swaybar is in!!

shakes_26
01-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Rear swaybar is in!!Woohooo.

I got the Addco rear from DR, arrived this afternoon by Mr. Brown. Total time for R&R , including cleanup of tools, exactly one Ozzy CD.

Out of the box, whooa! Is this thing gonna fit its massive.

Removal, much easier than previous cars I've worked on, like 'buttah' as they say in NY. Install was a snap, I read the posts here and had a.) air suspension off, b.) rear axle was sitting on jackstands. Apparently that saved me some hassles from what I read. You'll need a 13mm wrench, 13mm deep socket and ratchet, 10mm socket deep or shallow. Torque wrench was not really need, I tightened the bushings as instructed by the install sheet

Driving impression? I wasn't expecting too much, so what happened when I jerked the wheel over, kind of surprised me. The car did not turn left so much as it shot to the left. Wow. Very noticeable difference, any more than this and the car would be twitchy. I like it, I'll do the Metco Watts link next and the front swaybar after that as $$ allows.

This is offically her first mod, theres a K&N coming this week, and then, and then, and, and.... then I'm broke!

TAF
01-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Don't forget the Metco Upper & Lower Control Arms, as well...those with the WATTS link and the front ADDCO bar...you'll really start to enjoy throwin' her into some twisties.... :up:

shakes_26
01-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Don't forget the Metco Upper & Lower Control Arms, as well...those with the WATTS link and the front ADDCO bar...you'll really start to enjoy throwin' her into some twisties.... :up:
Yes indeed, imagine my horror when I actually realized my control arms are made of stamped steel..... shrieeek!! They look so, so,... light duty.:depress:

FordNut
01-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Rear swaybar is in!!Woohooo.

I got the Addco rear from DR, arrived this afternoon by Mr. Brown. Total time for R&R , including cleanup of tools, exactly one Ozzy CD.

Out of the box, whooa! Is this thing gonna fit its massive.

Removal, much easier than previous cars I've worked on, like 'buttah' as they say in NY. Install was a snap, I read the posts here and had a.) air suspension off, b.) rear axle was sitting on jackstands. Apparently that saved me some hassles from what I read. You'll need a 13mm wrench, 13mm deep socket and ratchet, 10mm socket deep or shallow. Torque wrench was not really need, I tightened the bushings as instructed by the install sheet

Driving impression? I wasn't expecting too much, so what happened when I jerked the wheel over, kind of surprised me. The car did not turn left so much as it shot to the left. Wow. Very noticeable difference, any more than this and the car would be twitchy. I like it, I'll do the Metco Watts link next and the front swaybar after that as $$ allows.

This is offically her first mod, theres a K&N coming this week, and then, and then, and, and.... then I'm broke!
I highly recommend you swap the order of the watts link and front bar. Most of us that have done the rear bar, then watts link have had a very twitchy car until the front bar was done....

Cobra25
01-17-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm glade your happy with it. I was thinking about doing it.