PDA

View Full Version : Would you do this?

wchain
01-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Would you let your MM go on "Entertainment Detail"?

My boss called me in today, we have 3 customers coming in from out of town. Since I am the only person at my company that speaks Chinese, I am supposed to pick them up from the airport Friday, entertain them all weekend, and then take them to work Monday to witness a function test of the equipment they purchased.

So, I get reimbursed for mileage, meals etc, but, my question is to you, would you take your MM to pick up these guys, haul them around all weekend, all over creation, (Kemah, Galveston shopping at the Galleria etc) and let them possibly *gasp* smoke or consume food and drink in it?

OK, call me anal, but my car is my BABY!

I'm either going to go ahead and call Budget/Hertz and do one of their cars, or use the MM to drive these guys around..... :(

valkyrie
01-18-2005, 01:35 PM

My boss called me in today, we have 3 customers coming in from out of town. Since I am the only person at my company that speaks Chinese, I am supposed to pick them up from the airport Friday, entertain them all weekend, and then take them to work Monday to witness a function test of the equipment they purchased.

So, I get reimbursed for mileage, meals etc, but, my question is to you, would you take your MM to pick up these guys, haul them around all weekend, all over creation, (Kemah, Galveston shopping at the Galleria etc) and let them possibly *gasp* smoke or consume food and drink in it?

I'm either going to go ahead and call Budget/Hertz and do one of their cars, or use the MM to drive these guys around..... :(

Put some no smoking, eating or drinking signs in the car and go for it.

Rider90
01-18-2005, 01:38 PM
negative, no one will ever treat your car as well as you do...

the_pack_rat
01-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Hell Nooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

hitchhiker
01-18-2005, 01:40 PM

Put them in the trunk and don't let them out until Monday morning!

:D

Bluerauder
01-18-2005, 01:41 PM

:(
Heck, I hate haulin' family around in my MM. :lol:

I think I would go with the rental option and get a big SUV or a towncar with all the bells and whistles. The biggest issue might be insurance in the event (God forbid) something would happen to your MM or the passengers. You could be left holding the bag if your insurance felt that it was being used as a commercial limo outside of your coverage. I wouldn't take the chance for a bunch of strangers. That's my :twocents:

TechHeavy
01-18-2005, 01:47 PM
No way! No smoking, eating or drinking in my MM! If I won't let my own girls, then certainly not 3 customers, (who may or may not think you're supposed to be kissing their azzes).
I found a little Cheeto on the floorboard of my MM one day after picking the kids up from school. When I picked it up, they saw it in my hand and both took off running. They know better. Uh uh... no way. My MM is not going to smell like McDonalds french-fries.

Just my .02

wchain
01-18-2005, 02:06 PM
No way! No smoking, eating or drinking in my MM! If I won't let my own girls, then certainly not 3 customers, (who may or may not think you're supposed to be kissing their azzes).
I found a little Cheeto on the floorboard of my MM one day after picking the kids up from school. When I picked it up, they saw it in my hand and both took off running. They know better. Uh uh... no way. My MM is not going to smell like McDonalds french-fries.

Just my .02

Just got out of a Meeting.

The boss man told me to rent a Excursion or Suburban and have it billed to the company! WHEW! I was scared for a minute.....
:burnout: :burnout:

LordVader
01-18-2005, 02:22 PM
:cool: Wes - No Way Jose! I am not in the habit of letting anyone in my back seat. I let my wife ride with me because I have to. Tell the boss you have rent some wheels from Enterprise and then he doesn't have to pay mileage.

Paul T. Casey
01-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Personally, I'd take them for at least one ride in the Marauder, and make it count. I had the opportunity to give one of the corperate "bigwigs" a ride in mine. We went to lunch. On the way back I showed him how good a big car can handle. He wants one.

Joe Walsh
01-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Put 'em in the Marauder, tell them to: "Sit down, Buckle up & HOLD ON!!!"
Then give them a taste of a BIG AMERICAN SEDAN that hauls a$$!!

BruteForce
01-18-2005, 03:59 PM

The boss man told me to rent a Excursion or Suburban and have it billed to the company! WHEW! I was scared for a minute.....

That's the ticket! Just let them oogle the MM from across the parking lot. :D

dwasson
01-18-2005, 05:37 PM
If they are Chinese they will smoke in spite of your wishes. Rent a Taurus.

CRUZTAKER
01-18-2005, 05:57 PM
You......YOU! Speak Chinese????

We need to talk....english....:rolleyes:

Mike Poore
01-18-2005, 07:01 PM

I'm either going to go ahead and call Budget/Hertz and do one of their cars, or use the MM to drive these guys around..... :(Company car, Wes. It's the only way. What do your visitors know from Marauders? What if you have an accident? Is your insurance company going to cover the lawsuit when you're using your POV for company business? Will your boss pick up the tab? Rent a car.:D

jgc61sr2002
01-18-2005, 07:44 PM

Wes - That is the only way to go. ( Rental on the company) IMO There are too many liabilities using your own vehicle.

nexstar7
01-18-2005, 07:53 PM
what joe said, pull up about 30ft. away. do a kick ass burn out. but first wipe your car with 3m cleaner as a base :puke: you never know.its the best for protecting in my book. chineese will have a good time ,but there not pigs. i know, i married one. sorry bad speller.have a good time. :beer:

AzMarauder
01-18-2005, 08:39 PM

Tell the boss to spring for the rental car. It would be cheaper than paying you mileage... and there would be no chance of anyone's feelings getting hurt.... yours.... the clients..... or the bosses.

A good boss would have no problem with your request.

Patrick
01-19-2005, 12:42 AM

But only once!!! I dont like passengers. Just me!!!

Mike Poore
01-19-2005, 05:08 AM
I had an a$$ covering boss who would screw you at the slightest opportunity, then ask for outrageous favors. My work hours started at 6:30 and his, about 9. He wanted me to pick him up at his "garage" where he was having an oil change, or some such, which happened to be clear across town. This meant I had to give up my parking place to go for him, then wait, because, as usual, he was late. At the time I was driving a '97 Cobra, and gave that bastage a ride he never forgot!

Some of the guys still talk about it.:laugh:

MarauderMark
01-19-2005, 06:00 AM
Hell Nooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Great answer...I mean if my wife and kids can't do why would i let some stranger do it..

Put them in the trunk and don't let them out until Monday morning!

:D
Ya got to love the creative imagination of this club.. :D

Look if worse came to worse and you had to ya coulda said "look and it doesn't run on rice and fisheads..:lol:

Bradley G
01-19-2005, 06:20 AM
Hey Wes!,

The liaibility for this(you, car and guests) rests on your employer.Your company/boss probably knows this, and insists that you rent this people hauler.Besides,The little fellows ( companys' guests) may get lost/injured rattleing around in the back seat during some spirited manuvers.:D
Bradley G

Haggis
01-19-2005, 09:03 AM

Whew, you had me scared there for a moment Wes. Thank God your boss was thinking ahead. Any way my answer to your question would be NO!!