PDA

View Full Version : Ford Turbo Diesel truck

MarauderMark
01-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Flippin through the pages of hot rod mag i came across this.A dually with this amount or Torque just amazed me and i thought you guys would like to see it as well...

Joe Walsh
01-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Yeah, With that much torque if you wanted to go on vacation; Why buy a Winnebago?....just put a ball hitch on your house and pull it down the road!!

mpearce
01-19-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm pretty sure Trilogy #1 recently dynoed at over 575 rwtq with it's new mods and some NOS.

-Mat

wchain
01-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah, With that much torque if you wanted to go on vacation; Why buy a Winnebago?....just put a ball hitch on your house and pull it down the road!!

Dodge's Cummins HO has 600.

I had a 2001 PowerStroke Diesel, blew it up, punched a hole through the oil pan and cracked the block, running a hot Chip and other mods. Power gains on a diesel are far more, since to achieve more power on a diesel, you just add a lot more fuel. Had to pay for the repair out of my pocket, with 9,000 miles on the clock. Oh well....

Just beware, Ford Checks all the boards, and may not be as mod friendly as you think.....

the Ford Diesel Page (http://www.thedieselstop.com/archives/ubbthreads/1999upg2/forums.thedieselstop.com/archives/showflat.php-Cat=&Board=UBB34&Number=587263&page=139&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1.htm)