PDA

View Full Version : Radio Question......

NOMARQUIS
01-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Hey,

Do any of you gear heads know if a Ford OEM CD player from a 1998 and newer Grand Marquis will fit and have the same wiring plugs as a non JBL tape player in a 1995 Lincoln Town Car? They look the same size, but I don't know if the plugs are the same. I need to know before I send this dude the money.

Thanks,

Eric

wchain
01-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Hey,

Do any of you gear heads know if a Ford OEM CD player from a 1998 and newer Grand Marquis will fit and have the same wiring plugs as a non JBL tape player in a 1995 Lincoln Town Car? They look the same size, but I don't know if the plugs are the same. I need to know before I send this dude the money.

Thanks,

Eric

IIRC, ford Went to a different design in 96/97. 96 and Earlier cars had the two big plug setup.....

NOMARQUIS
01-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Do you know if I could cut the wiring out of a car in the salvage yard, like 6" and make it work with those "install it your self" wiring harnesses you can buy at an auto parts store?

Eric

wchain
01-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Do you know if I could cut the wiring out of a car in the salvage yard, like 6" and make it work with those "install it your self" wiring harnesses you can buy at an auto parts store?

Eric

Sure, and then you need to wire the 30 other wires that go to the JBL Amplifier and so on. THis will be a very expensive project.....