PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard of TV hype?

Bigdogjim
01-21-2005, 09:48 PM
OK? I like lots of other folks in the Phila. area are getting ready for the mother of all blizzards! At least that whats TV weather prople are calling it. :help:

Started out on Monday as maybe 2"-4" of snow :rolleyes:

By Wednesday it was "tune in" later for more updates :mad2:

Now on Friday night it's the "MOTHER OF ALL STORMS"

Head for the hills it's a "Nor'easter!

[Oops, it's an "Alberta Clipper".....sorry gang :rolleyes: ]

If you listen to these weather prople we'll be buried alive :bs:

Supermarkest are reporting shortages of bread and milk already?

Gas stations are really pumpin out the stuff like their's no tomorrow! :bigcry:

Our meet in New York for Sunday is history :mad2:

Latest forcast is now 12"--24" of the white stuff starting at 9:00 AM Saturday. Will keep snowing till the end of the world if the computer models are correct :confused:

See you all in the spring! :depress:

03SILVERSTREAK
01-21-2005, 09:54 PM
OK? I like lots of other folks in the Phila. area are getting ready for the mother of all blizzards! At least that whats TV weather prople are calling it. :help:

Gas stations are really pumpin out the stuff like their's no tomorrow!

Lasted forcast is now 12"--24" of the white stuff starting at 9:00 AM Saturday. Will keep snowing till the end of the world if the computer models are correct

See you all in the spring!OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! :confused: :depress: :eek: :baaa:

Patrick
01-22-2005, 02:11 AM
They are calling for light flurries here and its like a Zoo!!!! Being from Chicago it fun to watch the show!!!!

martyo
01-22-2005, 05:51 AM
Well, I am a contrarian. I came into the office today since work looks to be out of the question for tomorrow. See, because of the weather I can go to tomorrow's meet but because of the weather, there will be no meet tomorrow....

Bluerauder
01-22-2005, 06:39 AM

Jim,
I think the weather folks are getting kickbacks from the bread, milk, toilet paper and snow shovel industry. :rolleyes: The same happens here in the Northern Virginia area when a storm approaches ..... "It's the Big One", "The Sky is Falling" and similar warnings. If it ain't gonna be bigger than 1967 .... I ain't interested. :D

Rob1559
01-22-2005, 06:51 AM
They blew it here in Ohio over the same storm. Try this formula for snow totals.

1. Subtract 2 inches for each day from the prediction to the actual event.
ie..for 3 days lead time subtract 6 inches.
2. Take your figure from #1 and divide by 2 for the final figure.

Example: Prediction of 12 inches on Saturday.
First report is made Wednesday, subtract 6 inches, leaves 6 inches.
Divide the 6 by 2 and your total will be 3 inches.

Don't forget the PANIC FACTOR by the media. They will place reports out in the weather with rulers to prove there is snow.

Krytin
01-22-2005, 06:56 AM
Well, I am a contrarian. I came into the office today since work looks to be out of the question for tomorrow. See, because of the weather I can go to tomorrow's meet but because of the weather, there will be no meet tomorrow....
Wait , but then... if... MY BRAIN HURTS!

MarauderMark
01-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Well it just started down here.Good thing we did everything last night....

duhtroll
01-22-2005, 08:40 AM
I was amazed. The last big snowfall here that they were producing the "gloom and doom" scenario for they actually got right. We got like 15 inches of snow. That was one out of 100 though.

The worst day for travel was the ice storm we had New Year's Day, but do you think we had any warning? Nope. They (monkeyologists) had the holiday off and we saw nary a scroll bar at the bottom of the screen while watching the bowl games. Where the hell were they when we needed them? Probably in Florida watching the Iowa game.

:censor:ers.

-A

go Illini

jstevens
01-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Well, maybe they got it right for once.

Went out last night, got gas, car wash, home and put the cover over my baby to keep it nice clean for Monday.

Now I just need to hope they get the roads taken care of by then.

FiveO
01-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Just uncovered my driveway from about 6 inches of the white stuff.

The Marauder is all snug and clean in the garage.....thank god!

This is my last winter without a 4x4 for winter driving. I'm sick of it.

Gonna buy a F250 or F350 late summer.

CRUZTAKER
01-22-2005, 10:07 AM
They blew it here in Ohio over the same storm. I concur...but better safe than sorry.

We here in the greater Cleveland area haven't seen near what the totals called for....yet....

It started snowing around 4a.m. and so far we have only about 4-6 on the ground. But it is still snowing nicely. Steady enough the plows can't keep up with it. There is a large opening in the radar image indicating we may miss several hours of snow, so maybe this is it?

For us, lake effect is an issue as well. Once the low pressure passes by, the trailing winds over the unfrozen lake erie just DUMP on us. Fortunately for the rest of Ohio, lake effect rarely falls more than 50 miles south of the shoreline.

Good luck with your meet folks, who knows, maybe the low will break up or change its pattern this afternoon into this evening.

I'm rootin' for you.:D

hitchhiker
01-22-2005, 10:09 AM

Latest forcast is now 12"--24" of the white stuff starting at 9:00 AM Saturday. Will keep snowing till the end of the world if the computer models are correct :confused:

Take care back there. I just came home from the East Coast. Put on a big pot of coffee and settle in for a bit.

Best Regards,

David

Mike Poore
01-22-2005, 10:19 AM
OK? I like lots of other folks in the Phila. area are getting ready for the mother of all blizzards! At least that whats TV weather prople are calling it.
Well, OK, Jim; but I guess what you see depends where you're standing. It started here in Adams Co. PA before daylight, and I've recorded the following:

7AM Temp= 10.5 Barometer= 30.18
8AM Temp= 11.3 Barometer= 30.15
9AM Temp= 11.5 Barometer= 30.12
10AM Temp= 12.4 Barometer= 30.10
11AM Temp= 10.5 Barometer= 30.04
12 Noon Temp= 10.5 Barometer= 30.00

4" on the ground so far, and we've got 12 more hours to go until the bad part gets here, they say. The cool part is, we get to try out the new Kubota with the big muther snow blower all hooked up and ready to go. The down side is, John's here, and we'll have a spirited discussion about who gets to play.:woohoo:

CRUZTAKER
01-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Oh yeah...forgot barometric readings....

Last night at midnight, calm, clear and cold. Barometer = 30.02

Currently, light snow, cold, overcast. Barometer = 29.4

The storm is HERE!

Mike Poore
01-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Oh yeah...forgot barometric readings....

Last night at midnight, calm, clear and cold. Barometer = 30.02

Currently, light snow, cold, overcast. Barometer = 29.4

The storm is HERE!
Yikes! Dropping like a rock, Barry.

I'll keep you guys posted on what's going on back here, as we seem to be exactly in the center of the storm's path.

As for now, we're just chilli'n and listening to Alison Kraus on the Musicmatch Jukebox. Just me, Barb, John & Hobbes the quat.

Marc
01-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Yikes! Dropping like a rock, Barry.

I'll keep you guys posted on what's going on back here, as we seem to be exactly in the center of the storm's path.

As for now, we're just chilli'n and listening to Alison Kraus on the Musicmatch Jukebox. Just me, Barb, John & Hobbes the quat.

Just got in from shoveling maybe 4 inches, with 4 more inches expected. Someone needs to tell the newscasters that's its just snow, not acid falling from the sky.

I am glad its happening today instead of tomorrow since we're going to the football game.

Joe Walsh
01-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Just got in from shoveling maybe 4 inches, with 4 more inches expected. Someone needs to tell the newscasters that's its just snow, not acid falling from the sky.

I am glad its happening today instead of tomorrow since we're going to the football game.

Both games should be very interesting....Brutal Cold and LOTS of SNOW!! :banana:

captJ696
01-22-2005, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=Marc] Someone needs to tell the newscasters that's its just snow, not acid falling from the sky. /QUOTE]

I agree ^^^. In NYC, OUR "ALL NEWS STATIONS" are really serving up the worst scenario on this storm, although right now it`s coming down pretty consistantly.

I switched my days off due to the weather "prognosticators" (?) :rolleyes: forecast.

Rob1559
01-22-2005, 11:21 AM
The WHITE DEATH!

captJ696
01-22-2005, 11:24 AM
;) How bout that! Stay warm though folks!

Mike Poore
01-22-2005, 11:36 AM
[/B] Both games should be very interesting....Brutal Cold and LOTS of SNOW!! :banana:
So, Joe; howcome them Neener Neener Boogerheads in Florida ain't telling us how nice it is in the sunny south? Prolly out on the beach unaware of our plight.:neener:

Listening to Nanci Griffith, now.

......mike

Patrick
01-22-2005, 11:38 AM
So, Joe; howcome them Neener Neener Boogerheads in Florida ain't telling us how nice it is in the sunny south? Prolly out on the beach unaware of our plight.:neener:

......mike

Javier should be posting his pics shortly!!!
:lol:

captJ696
01-22-2005, 11:41 AM

......mike

:cool4: :cool4: You beat me to the punchline on it pal, I was thinking to myself..Hmm, self.. F L O R I D A. Yeah, Yeah! that th`ticket :beer:

Mike Poore
01-22-2005, 11:48 AM
The WHITE DEATH!Hey Rob! Just punched those coordinates into the DeLorme. East Chestnut St. Mt Vernon?

jgc61sr2002
01-22-2005, 11:50 AM
About 1 inch in the ground and snowing quite hard on Long Island. The weather people forcast up to 2 feet of the white stuff and drifts up to 8 feet. :(
Warmed up the snowblower and have the 4X4 on standby. :D

Bigdogjim
01-22-2005, 12:48 PM
So like the rest of us your s**t out of luck?

Some days it be like that :burnout:

Bigdogjim
01-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Just watching the "Weather Channel" and they are calling it the

"Winter Wallop".....:rofl:

Started at 10:30 AM now at about 3:00 PM got 5 inches :P

Worst starts at 5-6 PM a real white out..........................

How long till spring?

Mike Poore
01-22-2005, 12:55 PM
So like the rest of us your s**t out of luck?

Some days it be like that :burnout:
Uh, Oh, Grandma's not answering her phone. Barb and John just headed off for Quincy to check on her. The Kubota made short work of the 8" on the driveway, and off they went. His '05 F-150 Super Crew 4 x 4 should get 'em through OK; but it's 18mi and across the mountain at Blue Ridge Summit.

...mike

Bobby Clobber
01-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Well guys, let me tell you what real snow is like.

We got 30 cm ( 12 in ) on Monday , followed up by another 20 cm ( 8 in. ) on Thurs, and we're right in line for the same storm you guys are seeing .

By the way it's about -18 c* ( around 0 F* ) and the wind is at about 30 m,p,h. ( screw it we'll go to real measure )

Wind chill tonight is expected at - 18 and we are getting another 24 to 30 inches of the white stuff.

The MM is sitting so Quiet , , see you in July.

TechHeavy
01-22-2005, 01:37 PM

[Oops, it's an "Alberta Clipper".....sorry gang :rolleyes: ]

We just had it here in Michigan, Bigdog. You're turn next.... :( It's a bad storm... I had to drive in it all night at work. Have you seen the Ford 500 commercial with the cars spinning around? That's what it was like on I-94 and I-96 last night. Try to stay home and out of the storm if you can.

CRUZTAKER
01-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Well guys, let me tell you what real snow is like.......Yeah!

But look where you live...every low pressure ends up on your door step.;)

Even though the (eye) of the low is over the entire state of Ohio right now, the lake effect machine is dumping well now. Also just got in from shoveling some, and running over/packing the remainer of the drive with the Vic. This should be a good one. I'll measure tomorrow.

During the break in snowfall:
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/3039/627VIC1_001-med.jpg

Hack Goby
01-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Got a good 8-10 here in Mt.Clemens.We also have about a 3-5 foot drift right down our street. http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN1047.JPG

Dark_Knight7096
01-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Well as of right now there is about a foot on the ground here now, and there is no signs of the snow letting up. My parents were on vacation and their flight got cancelled, so they are forcing themselves to stay in St. Thomas longer. Man i wish i could get stuck on a tropical island, 80 there and 11 here. Wow tough choice. I'll report the depth onces the storm stops

BK_GrandMarquis
01-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Well as of right now there is about a foot on the ground here now, and there is no signs of the snow letting up. My parents were on vacation and their flight got cancelled, so they are forcing themselves to stay in St. Thomas longer. Man i wish i could get stuck on a tropical island, 80 there and 11 here. Wow tough choice. I'll report the depth onces the storm stops

I think I have about 6-8" and it is slowing down now. Visibility is much better than an hour ago.

Mike Poore
01-22-2005, 04:29 PM

What! They went off to St. Thomas and left you home alone! At your age! Those scoundrels should be charged with child abuse, or worse. I just hate it when parents neglect their poor children like that.

Oh well, might as well make the best of it.

PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!
:party:

Dark_Knight7096
01-22-2005, 05:21 PM
my sister had a party earlier in the week, but that's not really my bag. All i have to say now is, 18" rims? What rims, i can't see any rims!

Bigdogjim
01-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Well we got a break in the snow right now:)

The worst is yet to come:mad:

Rob1559
01-22-2005, 06:45 PM
W3CAR you are right about my location.

Mike Poore
01-22-2005, 07:34 PM
W3CAR you are right about my location.I know, Rob, what did I win? Want to see a picture of your house?:D

Haggis
01-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Chris and I left The New England Meet at about 3pm this afternoon and are in NJ right now. If you people call that snow you have never seen real snow. It took us about 5 hrs to get from Boston to northern NJ. There was maybe 6" to a foot on the roads and in places it wasn't even plowed. The few idiots that tried to pass through the deep stuff usually spun out and got stuck. No I did not bring the Black Bomber we took the Explorer. Look for our adventures on the NE Meet Thread.

We will continue home tomorrow...pics to be posted tomorrow or the next day. Hope everyone stays safe and warm. :D

bigslim
01-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Got a good 8-10 here in Mt.Clemens.We also have about a 3-5 foot drift right down our street. http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN1047.JPG
We got about a foot over on this side of town Paul. The PT made it through it all today. Had to got to work to avoid that double charge.

Bigdogjim
01-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Snow closed the Phila.airport for the first time in 9 years.

Got 12 inches about now:)

More on the way overnight:confused:

Haggis
01-22-2005, 08:32 PM

Got 12 inches about now:)

More on the way overnight:confused:

I-95 is still open. Well it was when we stopped for the night. Bigdog we will be coming through your area sometime tomorrow..:drive:

Silver_04
01-22-2005, 08:39 PM
It's just supposed to be 30 here in GA tomorrow. No one told me it got that cold when I moved down here from Indiana a few months ago. So in due preparation, I have bought out all of the milk and bread from three local groceries, purchased flares just in case I need to be rescued from the cold I can ID my location and finally I've purchased a truck bed full of salt just incase I spill some water outside and it freezes.

CRUZTAKER
01-22-2005, 09:15 PM

I heard about that on the weather channel....you folks are getting more than the west.

The lake effect machine is in full motion now, snowing freekin' hard for several hours now.

Nite folks. Stay warm and post pics in the morning.;)

MM03MOK
01-22-2005, 09:22 PM
State of Emergency already declared in MA. Logan airport is closed. 24-30" predicted where we live. Sustained winds to 50 with gusts to 60+. Blizzard warning until 1800 tomorrow. Lots of water drawn in case we lose power. This "wallop" will be in the top 5 of snow storms in Boston weather history. Even church was cancelled!!

Even WeatherNut Mat Pearce called to see what was happening here. Thanks for checking in and for the NOAA weather link, Mat! http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/MAZ022.php

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_4.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYAGUS ) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYAGUS )

GO PATRIOTS!!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_104v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYAGUS ) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_13_7v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYAGUS )

Mike Poore
01-23-2005, 03:51 AM
State of Emergency already declared in MA. Logan airport is closed. :eek: What???? Logan closed your airport? We knew much of of his awsome power, but this.....?

Hey fatbastid? I know you always challange Superman; um, just don't mess with Logan.:hide:

.....Pogo

Mike Poore
01-23-2005, 04:19 AM
It's just supposed to be 30 here in GA tomorrow. No one told me it got that cold when I moved down here from Indiana a few months ago. So in due preparation, I have bought out all of the milk and bread from three local groceries, purchased flares just in case I need to be rescued from the cold I can ID my location and finally I've purchased a truck bed full of salt just incase I spill some water outside and it freezes.

See, you guys? I told you it was gonna start, the digs about the nice weather in the sunny south. :poke:
Hey Silver_04? :neener:

We ended up with about 8" of dry but packed snow, which isn't so bad if it were not for the "light" breezes that have followed in the storm's path. NOAA says 35MPH gusts; but I think more, ...and sustained. You guys to the north east of us, are gonna get pasted, and hopefully they can keep your power on.

Gordon? You and Chris be careful; you might want to consider taking the PA Turnpike west, then south on US 15, rather than staying on 95 to Baltimore. If you've gotta hole up until this damned wind stops, it may be the best choice. Call us if you need anything 642-5709.

mike & barb

Bluerauder
01-23-2005, 05:26 AM
Chris and I left The New England Meet at about 3pm this afternoon and are in NJ right now. If you people call that snow you have never seen real snow. It took us about 5 hrs to get from Boston to northern NJ. There was maybe 6" to a foot on the roads and in places it wasn't even plowed. :D
I think that you and Chris get the "Hard Core MM Meet Attendee Award". :bows: Over 450 miles on a blizzard weekend ... and fighting feets of snow the whole way !!! :D Must have been a beer shortage in Maryland this week. :rofl: Glad you decided to rest up and wait it out in NJ ... :up:

MM03MOK
01-23-2005, 05:26 AM
Well, at 0700, we can't open the front door - snow drift of 3 feet. Hard to tell but we're probably at 20" right now. I'd say this is real and not hype!! Snow is still blowing sideways. Hurricane force winds expected. 2-5 " of snow per hour. The worst is yet to come..... :(

Mike Poore
01-23-2005, 05:49 AM
Well, at 0700, we can't open the front door - snow drift of 3 feet. Hard to tell but we're probably at 20" right now. I'd say this is real and not hype!! Snow is still blowing sideways. Hurricane force winds expected. 2-5 " of snow per hour. The worst is yet to come..... :(
See Jim, you should never call those weather dudes liars until AFTER they've been proven wrong, not challenge them, up front, 'cause they have ways to make us pay. See what you've done?;)

Mary & RF be careful, you guys, and stay hunkered down. Fortunately the costal storm missed us, so we didn't get the double whammy that's hitting you guys. :depress:

For what it's worth, I just started the pot of bean soup; soaked the beans over night & cooked off a ham to toss in. You might want to throw some great stuff in the crock pot, just in case the power goes down.

Be safe, OK?:)

MM03MOK
01-23-2005, 06:15 AM
JUST LOST POWER. Will check in when I can!!! BLIZZARDS SUCK BIGTIME.

Al Goguen
01-23-2005, 06:25 AM
With this storm being so severe, I am alittle concerned here... I just tuned
in the weather for my area and I am PO'd..... They are calling for overcast
alittle fog and temps way down to 57 degrees... I don't know if I should
go to the store and stock up on milk, bread and water or not....Ya never
know? I might have to put on long pants today and wear a wind breaker
or something....BRRRRR!
:coolman::beatnik::):bigcry:

TAF
01-23-2005, 06:33 AM
With this storm being so severe, I am alittle concerned here... I just tuned
or something....BRRRRR!
:coolman::beatnik::):bigcry:I' m on my way down to Zephyrhills today, Al. I'll be down there all week...keep your eyes peeled for one good lookin' and fast Black '03 rippin' up the highways and byways down there.....guess I better pack a coat if it's goin' to be under 60.

Mike Poore
01-23-2005, 06:55 AM
[QUOTE=Al Goguen]With this storm being so severe, I am alittle concerned here... I just tuned
or something....BRRRRR!

Hey Al & TAF? Sorry you guys are having such a tough time with your terrible weather. :neener:

...mike & barb:rofl:

Haggis
01-23-2005, 07:04 AM
Well we are still in North Joysey. Will be leaving in a hour or so...it will take that long to find and dig the truck out. :bs:

Should be on the road soon, most likely will be taking NJTP south to De then to Mdthen 695 to 70. Anyone in the area how are the roads?

Have to go eat breakfast, be back in 30.

rayjay
01-23-2005, 07:12 AM
Hope you folks down east get through this ok. We received about 20", but no wind. Wind is supposed to kick up later. You know its been bitter cold when I go to work last night and everyone comments on how much warmer it is than the last two nights. Uhm, scuse me, I don't think 1 degree is warm, but it beats the -25 degree F we had for two nights...

Mike Poore
01-23-2005, 07:18 AM
Well we are still in North Joysey. Will be leaving in a hour or so...it will take that long to find and dig the truck out. :bs:

Should be on the road soon, most likely will be taking NJTP south to De then to Mdthen 695 to 70. Anyone in the area how are the roads?

Have to go eat breakfast, be back in 30.
GORDON! Get on the PA turnpike and head west to Harrisburg. 15 south from there's OK.

MM03MOK
01-23-2005, 07:50 AM
Power's back on.....for the moment. Internet is at a snail's pace, but working. Snow is waist deep around the house.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_5.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYAGUS ) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_6_18.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYAGUS )

CBT
01-23-2005, 07:55 AM
Whoa! His own website, his own airport, what's next?!
:eek: What???? Logan closed your airport? We knew much of of his awsome power, but this.....?

Hey fatbastid? I know you always challange Superman; um, just don't mess with Logan.:hide:

.....Pogo

Mike Poore
01-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Power's back on.....for the moment. Internet is at a snail's pace, but working. Snow is waist deep around the house.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_5.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYAGUS ) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_6_18.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYAGUS )Mary ....think .....crockpot.:D

Al Goguen
01-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey Todd, watch out for the LEO's here in Dade County. They are some
Bad Dude's...Not really bad guys just that there are alot of em about....
Be careful and I PM'd ya my Phone nr, so give me a call and we can hook
up for some chow somewhere.. I like Golden Coral just north of State route
54 going north on 301 on the left side....Great Buffets and not to expensive.
Are ya bringing the SO? (Wife, Girlfriend, or Boy friend?-gotta be Politicly
Correct ya know). Looking forward to seeing ya.

I'm on my way down to Zephyrhills today, Al. I'll be down there all week...keep your eyes peeled for one good lookin' and fast Black '03 rippin' up the highways and byways down there.....guess I better pack a coat if it's goin' to be under 60.

Patrick
01-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Its sunny about 25 degress. And NO SNOW!!!!! Flurries when I got in this morning but thats all........ :( . Oh well.

Bigdogjim
01-23-2005, 11:39 AM
guess I better pack a coat if it's goin' to be under 60.

Geeee you think? I say at least a light wind breaker:rofl:

Right now in Morrisville (arcoss the river from Trenton, NJ) it's 18 above with 30-35 MPH winds and a wind chill of -3 :cool:

Good news is the snow is over :banana: :cool4:

Bigdogjim
01-23-2005, 11:42 AM

Garfield and I send you and RF smoe warm thoughts :)

Hang in thier it wil over soon :banana2:

CRUZTAKER
01-23-2005, 12:07 PM
All but a smidgin of lake effect around here. The barometer is back up to 30.04 and the sun is out.

You folks out east hold tight, this is big storm.

Gage and I completed our digging out and aside from some ice, all is up to par around here. I am off on a salt run now.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/3039/627Snow_storm1-22-05_010_Large_-med.jpg

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/3039/627Snow_storm1-22-05_004_Large_.jpg

rayjay
01-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Its sunny about 25 degress. And NO SNOW!!!!! Flurries when I got in this morning but thats all........ :( . Oh well.
I just woke up from my 1st night off nap. Oh boy, its nice and sunny. Very deceiving, 1 degree F, with wind. Still beats the -25 we had Friday night.

Bigdogjim
01-23-2005, 02:52 PM
I just woke up from my 1st night off nap. Oh boy, its nice and sunny. Very deceiving, 1 degree F, with wind. Still beats the -25 we had Friday night.
Sun going down:mad:

Temp droping:mad:

However wind is letting up some:)

Going to be a very cold night in the northeast!

Haggis
01-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Well we might have got a foot around here. Not too bad though all the streets were clean all the way from South Jersey. The neighbor up the block helped us out by snow blowing our driveway and sidewalk before we got home. Just had to re-do what the wind blew back and clean out to the street from the plows going up the block.

Now we get to stay in and stay warm until work tomorrow. Glad to hear your power came back on Mary and you say the snow is waist deep. Glad I don't have to shovel that. Hope you and Bob are ok and stay warm.

Dark_Knight7096
01-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Yea, this is my girlfriends mustang, There's an eclipse across the street that you wouldn't even know was there if you didn't already know. The snow here is up to my knee and i'm 6'3" so that's probly around a foot and a half maybe more. At least it's light a fluffy, i just hope it doesn't get uber-cold and have everything freeze.

MM03MOK
01-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Capturing the storm last night and today.....

SnowBunnies
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/467Dsc_0081_s.jpg

Deck near start of storm
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/467Dsc_0078_s.jpg

Deck during a lull in the storm
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/467Dsc_0088_s.jpg

RF trying to find his way
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/467Dsc_0087_s.jpg

CRUZTAKER
01-23-2005, 03:23 PM
I'd have to call that a shatload of snow....;)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54 24

CRUZTAKER
01-23-2005, 03:27 PM
This is a classic Mary....I can just hear him now...:tantrum:

MM03MOK
01-23-2005, 03:29 PM
This is a classic Mary....I can just hear him now...:tantrum:

HOW DID YOU KNOW?? Verbatim!!!!

Dark_Knight7096
01-23-2005, 03:31 PM
how do you get your images inside you post, i tried that for a while before and i've tried for at least five minutes now. I can't figure out how to do it. All i can figure out how to do are add thumbnails.

Haggis
01-23-2005, 03:39 PM

Poor Bob.... :help:

Hang in there Bob... :bows:

rayjay
01-23-2005, 03:44 PM

Get the poor guy a snowblower! I've got one that works pretty good, maybe we can arrange a "blower for blower" trade :D

MM03MOK
01-23-2005, 03:47 PM
how do you get your images inside you post, i tried that for a while before and i've tried for at least five minutes now. I can't figure out how to do it. All i can figure out how to do are add thumbnails.Load the pictures into the gallery, then use the http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/editor/insertimage.gif in the post to add the pic to the post. Image tags are needed unless you're in Enhanced Edit mode, then just copy the URL (UBBCode) that's below the pic in the gallery.

Or, you can attach an image to your post using "Manage Attachments" below your post text window.

MM03MOK
01-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Get the poor guy a snowblower! I've got one that works pretty good, maybe we can arrange a "blower for blower" trade :DJOLLY JOKER!!! :lol:

rayjay
01-23-2005, 03:53 PM
JOLLY JOKER!!! :lol:can you blame a guy for tryin?:)

CRUZTAKER
01-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Just to let you all know what's coming your way...;)

The end.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/3039/627Snow_storma1-22-05_001.jpg

Mike Poore
01-23-2005, 04:39 PM

SnowBunnies
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/467Dsc_0081_s.jpg

OH! M'GOD! It's Mary & RF!
Logan, what have you done! Stop screwing around.
First the airport, now this!
I demand you transmogrify them back immediately! ;)

Bigdogjim
01-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Well all the schols are closed Monday.

Wind chills will be the real problem now:mad:

Main road are OK? Side streets are a mess.

Dark_Knight7096
01-23-2005, 11:13 PM
I live right across the bridge from you in trenton, and here the main roads are a mess too. South Broad St. looks just like any other side street around here. I'm mad now though because I had to help my sister out with shoveling the snow and after i got done, when i was backing out of my driveway (plowers packed snow by the drive while i was helpin and I didn't realize it) i packed my entire passenger side exhaust pipe full of snow. It's a really heavy pack too. I've tried getting it out but i can't seem to make too much progress with it. Oh well i'll just have to wait till it melts, or try again tomorrow with some other type of "poking" device. I hate snow this deep, can't even have any fun in it, besides sledding.

Bigdogjim
01-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Oh well back at work after the weekend:)

Now to plow and dig 20 vans out of the snow:mad: