PDA

View Full Version : New Porsche Design

QWK SVT
01-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Haven't decided if I like the new styling, or not... I definitely like the older ones better...
http://autospies.com/images/1-20/Boxster/4.jpg

http://autospies.com/images/1-20/Boxster/3.jpg

Mike Poore
01-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Betcha there's at least a half dozen of us who couldn't get into the wee thing, never mind getting ...out!;) What say Big Dawg!

I've often wondered about that single exhaust pipe, smack dab in the middle of the bumper. It just looks well, ....weird.

Maybe it's just me.:dunno:

Haven't decided if I like the new styling, or not... I definitely like the older ones better...

QWK SVT
01-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Betcha there's at least a half dozen of us who couldn't get into the wee thing, never mind getting ...out!;) What say Big Dawg!
At 6'6" 270, I'd fit in that group, too. That's why I drive the vehicles I do... They offer the look / performance I want, and they FIT! :cool:

Patrick
01-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Way too cool, but not the exhuast pipe!

bigslim
01-22-2005, 02:52 PM
It's about time they did a change. That old design was getting a little long in the tooth. I like it. The rear looks more muscular.

LimoMerc
01-22-2005, 04:23 PM
I have an idea of what may have inspired the single exhaust http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15372

wesman
01-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Death to the secretary's porsche. Bring on the firebreathers!

hdwrench
01-22-2005, 07:08 PM
never liked the boxster... this one looks a little better

Haggis
01-22-2005, 08:12 PM
I've often wondered about that single exhaust pipe, smack dab in the middle of the bumper. It just looks well, ....weird.

Maybe it's just me.:dunno:

I don't know...my exhaust is in the middle of my bumper and I think I would look funny if God had placed it anywhere else. :dunno:

Silver_04
01-22-2005, 08:16 PM
I like the wheels on the red one. The other wheels on the dark one appear freakish, but that almost appears to be a photochop. Plus from the rear the car appears to have a case of turtle head with that center exhaust.

BK_GrandMarquis
01-22-2005, 08:17 PM

I like the GT3 styling. This rear end looks a little like a Crossfire. Not too impressed.

mpearce
01-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Please read phrase under my username.

-Mat

QWK SVT
01-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Please read phrase under my username.

-Mat
Uhm... Guessing your not a Porsche fan, huh?? :D Is there a story, there?

Patrick
01-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Uhm... Guessing your not a Porsche fan, huh?? :D Is there a story, there?
I am Guessing.... Well Mat?

BillyGman
01-24-2005, 01:23 AM
I have an idea of what may have inspired the single exhaust
Yes, I do too......... http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1019big_pipe.jpg

mpearce
01-24-2005, 07:25 AM
Hey guys...

One day I'll have a kill story for ya! All I know is that every time I see one of these things on the city streets, highway, or drag strip...there is always some panty waste, sunglasses wearing, Ralph Lauren, douchebag behind the wheel thinking he's a bada$$. You know the type. They usually have some ciggarette smoking, boob job, lip injected, trophy wife sitting in the pax seat.

Ive seen them at the strip on several occasions, and never have I seen one better than 11.99...which means that some of us here can beat them, or tie them. Not to mention Heathers Buick can beat them! She actually looks for them...we go hunting occasionally.

The icing on the cake was that post by someone a while back with that garage that looked like the Taj Mahal. Remember? 4 doors, video games, sink, looked like a kitchen on MTV Cribs. Thats excessive, and rediculous. A trait of a porche owner.

-Mat

Mike Poore
01-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Yes, I do too......... http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1019big_pipe.jpg
Billy! That's very, very funny!
:laugh:
Now I'll tell my story, once again:

Q:
How do you tell a Porsche from a Porcupine?
ANS:
The Porcupine has the pricks on the outside.:D

Patrick
01-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Billy! That's very, very funny!
:laugh:
Now I'll tell my story, once again:

Q:
How do you tell a Porsche from a Porcupine?
ANS:
The Porcupine has the pricks on the outside.:D

Havent seen that pick in awhile (That was a good thing)!!! I'll tell my Brother in law that joke. Big Porshe Fan!!!!

QWK SVT
01-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey guys...

One day I'll have a kill story for ya! All I know is that every time I see one of these things on the city streets, highway, or drag strip...there is always some panty waste, sunglasses wearing, Ralph Lauren, douchebag behind the wheel thinking he's a bada$$. You know the type. They usually have some ciggarette smoking, boob job, lip injected, trophy wife sitting in the pax seat.

Ive seen them at the strip on several occasions, and never have I seen one better than 11.99...which means that some of us here can beat them, or tie them. Not to mention Heathers Buick can beat them! She actually looks for them...we go hunting occasionally.

The icing on the cake was that post by someone a while back with that garage that looked like the Taj Mahal. Remember? 4 doors, video games, sink, looked like a kitchen on MTV Cribs. Thats excessive, and rediculous. A trait of a porche owner.

-MatI agree with the above, to a degree. It seems that they're like most high performance / high dollar vehicles are driven by those that won't really amke the most of it. The people that would drive it like the machine it is tend to not be able to afford it, or opt for a better "bang for you buck" approach.

I must admit, Porsche Boxters look awful (to me), and perform just as awfully, too (given the emblem and price tag expectations). Love to beat up on them, in a pik'em up truck! The looks I get afterwards, from the befuddled yuppies behind the wheel, is worth every ounce of gas spent in the pointless exhibition, even though I know the result before it even begins. :flamer:

gpfarrell
01-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Hey guys...

-Mat

Mat,

I don't think I'm panty waste. I do wear sunglasses... though I never pay more than 10 bucks for them. I'll skip the rest of your remarks; they seem petty, immature, and perhaps jealous.

You might recall that we often refer to ourselves as the "2 percenters". That's not to say we wouldn't associate with the other 98% of Marauder drivers, its just we realize they don't put as much into, or likely get as much out of, their ownership experience as we do. With Porsches I think you'd find its much closer to 50/50 for the number of true drivers versus those that just wear them as jewelry. Btw, that should be a poor reflection on the driver, not the car they are driving.

While I certainly enjoy quarter mile drag racing and stoplight "fun", I think there's a whole new world I could introduce you to. It's not the straight-away, its what happens at the end of the straight. It's trailbraking, heal-toeing, cutting a safe, late apex, and carrying enough speed onto the next straight that horsepower never has a chance to catch up.

My 185hp, 22 year-old bone-stock Porsche would have a tough time sticking with my Marauder in a straight line. Any idiot can read a magazine article and see that. But if you've never danced with a Porsche on a great race track... Perhaps Mid-Ohio, Nelson's Ledges, Watkins Glen, Waterford Hills, BeaveRun, or Gingerman are within driving distance for you... you're missing the point.

I'm not so sure you're qualified to say my Porsche sucks. It's designed to do one thing, our Marauders another. I'd defend either to the other. But saying a Porsche sucks because it won't run 11.99 is like saying a Marauder sucks because it won't carry as much firewood as my old pick-up. Different horses, different courses.

You've found driving in a straight line is fun. So have I. You might try turning left and right now; perhaps then you'll find my old Porsche would suck... the paint right of your Maruader. Stings doesn't it? Now that doesn't make the P-car better or the Marauder worse; they're different horses and you're missing a world of fun if you don't appreciate that.

Btw, I paid more for my Mercury than I did for my Porsche, so don't bother with that elitist BS.

Greg