PDA

View Full Version : My first Hemi drive

Silver_04
01-23-2005, 08:12 PM
My garage neighbors here at the ol' apartment complex just purchased a fully loaded '05 Hemi Magnum which scared my poor little SportCross something fierce. Anyways, it's quite an attractive car being dark blue with tinted windows and machined wheels.

I was told to drive it like I stole and I must say that I was impressed with it. Good sound, nice handling and great acceleration but with T/C off it still didn't break the rear tires loose. It also shifted very smoothly at full throttle...something that obviously needs to be tuned out. The interior was comfy but it did feel a bit tight for such a large car, yet I attribute that to the chopped roof line. The paint was flawed on the entire right rear quarter and there was a huge section inside one of the doors missing clear coat. I think the thing that surprised me most about it was that I could actually see the entire hood from the drivers seat. I think 1996 was the last time I drove a car that I could see the end of the hood...very cool. Nice ride but it's still a DaimlerChrysler product.

Gotta admit driving this made me miss the Marauder for the first time since I sold it. So c'mon Ford or GM...make me a reasonbly priced RWD V8 sedan but this time I want something that scares me when I floor it.

Pat
01-23-2005, 09:40 PM
So....... is it quicker than the Marauder?

Silver_04
01-24-2005, 05:31 AM
So....... is it quicker than the Marauder?

I have no idea...my private racetrack doesn't have timing devices on the stoplights.

duhtroll
01-24-2005, 07:06 AM
Stock for stock -- yes, they are.

-A

DEFYANT
01-24-2005, 08:57 AM
Stock for stock -- yes, they are.

-A
I agree. I test drove the Magnum before I bought the MM. It is a fast car. If I recall properly.... I think is has a rear gear of 2:?? something. I remember thinking "Well there is the first mod!". All in all, had dodge been more flexible with the price, we'd have a Magnum.

That said, I am still very happy w/ the MM. I had always admired these cars. And with the set up I have now, I can certianly take a Magnum to the cleaners! :D

QWK SVT
01-24-2005, 08:32 PM
I agree. I test drove the Magnum before I bought the MM. It is a fast car. If I recall properly.... I think is has a rear gear of 2:?? something. I remember thinking "Well there is the first mod!". All in all, had dodge been more flexible with the price, we'd have a Magnum.

That said, I am still very happy w/ the MM. I had always admired these cars. And with the set up I have now, I can certianly take a Magnum to the cleaners! :D
It's a mid- to high-14 second car. Not exactly out of reach, for some stock Marauders.

They are dynoing at about 280-ish, to the wheels (speaks to the poor gearing). I don't think anyone's cracked the code to their computer, so gears would be pretty well out of the question, right now, but I would think it'd respond well... It should then pull quickly, from a stock MM.