PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta area info needed

dwasson
01-24-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm looking at taking a job in the Atlanta area. Could any of you tell me about housing costs within a 30 minute commute of Alpharetta? What would I have spend for a small house with a yard and garage? Thanks.

Festus
01-25-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm looking at taking a job in the Atlanta area. Could any of you tell me about housing costs within a 30 minute commute of Alpharetta? What would I have spend for a small house with a yard and garage? Thanks.

Try this. When I relo'd to Atlanta it was a big help. If you move to Atlanta you might want to reconsider the signature about the rednecks. Its the heart of Dixie down here and they may take offense at being compared to Shakespeare.

http://www.homefair.com/homefair/servlet/ActionServlet?pid=27&cid=homefair

Patrick
01-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Try this. When I relo'd to Atlanta it was a big help. If you move to Atlanta you might want to reconsider the signature about the rednecks. Its the heart of Dixie down here and they may take offense at being compared to Shakespeare.

Dan will fit in just nicely!!!!! Way cool Dan!!!

dwasson
01-25-2005, 02:07 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out.

The signature changes weekly anyway. If I move down south I'll change it to something that annoys Detroiters.

Silver_04
01-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Can't help ya in that area of the woods...I'm on the southwest side of the ATL. Good luck with the job.

67435animal
01-25-2005, 04:37 PM

Try www.realtor.com and enter Roswell or Alpharetta. Housing should be lower than you see up there but prices have been going up in recent years. I just sold a 3 bed/ 2 bath / 2 car ranch on a slab in Acworth for 188,500 if that helps.

Bob

GA-Marauder
01-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Housing prices here in the ATL area have definitely been on the rise, but are still south of many large metro areas. I would agree that realtor.com is probably the best site for browsing listings in the area. The BEST THING though is you get to have your car serviced and cared for at TEAM FORD in Marietta. :D :D :D The guys there really know our car, and make the effort to go the extra mile with us. Also, our Southern Marauders meet every 3rd Saturday a month at the Cracker Barrel in Marietta, after which a caravan usually heads over to Team Ford to check out our member's latest "work". So WELCOME and we hope to see you soon! Good luck house hunting. :beer:

martyo
01-26-2005, 04:54 AM
Odd that when Dan and I finally meet, it will most likely be on the ATL.

Good luck house hunting! I am jealous, as I have really grown to like the Atlanta area.

Patrick
01-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Odd that when Dan and I finally meet, it will most likely be on the ATL.

Good luck house hunting! I am jealous, as I have really grown to like the Atlanta area.

I dont think ATL could handle you and Todd on full time basis!!!!

dwasson
01-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Well, that job fell through. They don't want me. WTH, if I am going to be around who don't want me I can stay home.

Patrick
01-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Well, that job fell through. They don't want me. WTH, if I am going to be around who don't want me I can stay home.

That Bites. Hope you can find something down this way!!!!