PDA

View Full Version : Big Game Time!!

Patrick
01-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Well its almost time. New Engalnd vs Philly. So who is going to win? I am in for the Pats!!!

Bigdogjim
01-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Going to be a tuff game either way:)

Mike Poore
01-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Going to be a tuff game either way:)
OK let's rate 'em

Quarterbacks: Edge to Philly McNabb can scramble and throw on the run. + there's the hunger factor.
Passing game: Is T.E. gonna be a factor? edge to Pats?
Running game: Pats
Defense: Equal but give Philly's corners and safeties the edge.
Offensive line: Equal
Kicking game: Field goals: Edge to Pats Punts: Edge to Philly
Special teams: Turnovers and punt & kickoff coverage equal.
I agree with BDJ it's gonna be one for the books, but I think McNabb's scrambling will make the difference.

Score? 14 -10 Philly;)

hdwrench
01-25-2005, 07:10 PM
what game?

dwasson
01-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Where's the button for the University of Michigan?

Bigdogjim
01-25-2005, 09:48 PM
what game?
You know their is a world outside Texas:rofl:

Bigdogjim
01-25-2005, 09:49 PM
You sir need to get out more often :P

Two Hawks
01-25-2005, 11:45 PM
You know their is a world outside Texas:rofl: :confused:

Since when? :D :D

Patrick
01-26-2005, 12:32 AM
You sir need to get out more often :P

He is, Moving to GA. Not a big step up bet he's getting thier!!!
:lol: :lol:

Mike Poore
01-26-2005, 07:08 AM
Um, you can find that at State College, PA. Go Lions! ;)

duhtroll
01-26-2005, 07:08 AM
I want Philly to win. I predict the Pats will win by three touchdowns or more.

Tom Brady is the real deal. I hate seeing the same team win every time, but I think the Pats are just too good.

-A

MarauderMark
01-26-2005, 07:11 AM

Tom Brady is the real deal. I hate seeing the same team win every time, but I think the Pats are just too good.

-A

Yep i want the Eagles to win too .but the pats are really good unless they mess up for this game. :up:

PJR
01-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Come on Patriot's. I've been a hungry Pats fan for a long time. It's nice to be one of the teams. There was a time when mentioning the Patriots and the superbowl in the same sentence would prompt a reply about ingesting drugs. I just hope we play to our potential. Either way it will be a good game!

hdwrench
01-26-2005, 08:20 AM
You sir need to get out more often :PI wasnt born in TX but i got here as fast as I could

duhtroll
01-26-2005, 09:06 AM
Who's "we?"

Are you like the backup punter or something? :D

-A

Come on Patriot's. I've been a hungry Pats fan for a long time. It's nice to be one of the teams. There was a time when mentioning the Patriots and the superbowl in the same sentence would prompt a reply about ingesting drugs. I just hope we play to our potential. Either way it will be a good game!

Sactown
01-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Oh, I thought this was a deer hunting thread.

All I know is that it would be fun to watch a Super Bowl take place up north...outside in below freezing temps and snow drifts. Hard for the fans, but makes for a great game to watch.

Dr Caleb
01-26-2005, 10:15 AM

Me too. Got me thinking about that elusive Arctic Moose. Really hard to find in the winter. Perfect camo.

I'd a clicked on the option for 'Manchester United' though.

Mike Poore
01-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Who's "we?" Are you like the backup punter or something? :D

-A:laugh:
Said once to my boss: " What's this we, *****, You mean me, or the mouse in your pocket?
:laugh:

Patrick
01-26-2005, 10:42 AM

All I know is that it would be fun to watch a Super Bowl take place up north...outside in below freezing temps and snow drifts. Hard for the fans, but makes for a great game to watch.

Maybe one day they could play the Super Bowl in the snow!!! Play it at Green Bay in Jan.
:high5:

dwasson
01-26-2005, 11:42 AM
SAN DIEGO (Wireless Flash) – The New England Patriots are in luck: History shows that when a team with an animal mascot opposes a team with a human mascot in the Super Bowl, the two- legged mammal usually beats the four-legged one.
According to sports journalist Peter Kennelly, in the last 38 Super Bowls, teams with an animal mascot have played against a team with a human mascot 25 times, with the human mascot team winning 18 of those battles.

That’s good news for the Patriots, who will line up against the Philadelphia Eagles Feb. 6.

The most successful animal-beaters over the last four decades are the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers, who have both been victorious four times.

On the flip side, the teams with an animal mascot that have taken the biggest whupping from the humans have been the Buffalo Bills and Denver Broncos, with four losses each.

Still, the Eagles have some hope this year, because animal mascot teams have triumphed over human mascot teams three out of the last six times they went head to head in the Super Bowl.

TechHeavy
01-26-2005, 12:19 PM

-A
That's right! And where did Brady play college ball, uhhhhh..... MICHIGAN!!! WOO HOO! lol. :D :beer: Who says we just build cars??

ParkRanger
01-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Well its almost time. New Engalnd vs Philly. So who is going to win? I am in for the Pats!!!

Patrick:

No doubt that NE is a talented team with a lot of finesse and poise :cool: -and probably will win. However, Philly is tough, hard and hungry :mad: - and that's worth 10 points - Philly by 3!! ;)

PR :burnout:

Petrograde
01-26-2005, 05:24 PM
You know their is a world outside Texas:rofl:

but, it takes so friggin' long to get out of state... I don't even bother. :D

Football is dead to me. May Art Modell continue to burn in hell. :mad2:

GodOSpeed
01-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Time for a threepeat!! They are tough and Bradey is cool as a :cuke: !!

Paul T. Casey
01-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Pats, BIG!

Paul T. Casey
01-26-2005, 05:58 PM
To answer another reply:
Quarterback, 2 superbowl mvp's, no flash, just a proven winner, edge NE.
Running game, Westbrook and Pman about equal, after that Philly has no Faulk, edge NE.
Recieving, Philly's banged up. NE has Givens, Brown, Fourier(sic) etc.
Offensive Line, (where the game is won) NE by alot.
Defense Line and Linebackers, ditto.
Defensive backfield, NE hurting, but were good enough to stop Peyton, nuff said.
Punting, we don't punt much.
Placekicking, two words, Adam Vinitari.
Anyone remember Dallas vs Buffalo? You'll see that kind of game again.
My prediction, NE 52 Philly 6.
Sorry to all my PA buds.

Mike Poore
01-26-2005, 06:24 PM
My prediction, NE 52 Philly 6.
Sorry to all my PA buds.They're gonna beat Philly by gulp, 46 points? :eek: What on earth were you guys drinking/smoking up at that Cracker Barrel last weekend?

Patrick
01-27-2005, 01:47 AM
They're gonna beat Philly by gulp, 46 points? :eek: What on earth were you guys drinking/smoking up at that Cracker Barrel last weekend?

Must have been real Good!!!!!!! Score will be Pats 33, Eagles 30 in 2 OT's!!!!! Hows that for a BOLD prediction!

Patrick
01-27-2005, 01:49 AM
but, it takes so friggin' long to get out of state... I don't even bother. :D

Football is dead to me. May Art Modell continue to burn in hell. :mad2:

Modell, Texas??? Got to be a conection thier somewhere! Oh well Cleveland will have a football team someday!!

Petrograde
01-27-2005, 04:39 AM
Modell, Texas??? Got to be a conection thier somewhere! Oh well Cleveland will have a football team someday!!

:lol: I grew up in Cleveland, lived there 'til I joined the Army.

Mike Poore
01-27-2005, 10:59 AM
SAN DIEGO (Wireless Flash) – The New England Patriots are in luck: History shows ...l.
Hey Dan! I can't wait for Rush's Enviornmentalist Wacko pick.:D

Sactown
01-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Maybe one day they could play the Super Bowl in the snow!!! Play it at Green Bay in Jan.
:high5:Yea, that would be sweet! It is a good game when they need a snow blower to clear the field during half time. It will never happen but it is fun to dream.

duhtroll
01-28-2005, 07:20 AM
As a Chicago fan:

Final Score: Ditka: 147 (normal size Ditka - no pads, helmet, or shoes)

Patriots and Eagles combined together on steriods against him: 0

-A

Patrick
01-28-2005, 08:59 AM
As a Chicago fan:

Final Score: Ditka: 147 (normal size Ditka - no pads, helmet, or shoes)

Patriots and Eagles combined together on steriods against him: 0

-A

:2thumbs: I dont think it would be that close!

Haggis
01-28-2005, 09:13 AM
They're gonna beat Philly by gulp, 46 points? :eek: What on earth were you guys drinking/smoking up at that Cracker Barrel last weekend?

My guess Scotch and haggis!! :food: :drink:

gonzo50
01-28-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm a Philadelphia EAGLES die hard fan all the way, "GO EAGLES" !!! :bounce: :woohoo:

MM03MOK
02-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Less than 36 hours to go!

http://www.thenorthwest.com/image_nflfieldgoal/11589_PatriotsFieldGoal.gif

dwasson
02-05-2005, 09:42 AM
:high5:

Next year it's in Detroit. The game won't be in the snow but there are no guarantees about outside the stadium.

Patrick
02-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Next year it's in Detroit. The game won't be in the snow but there are no guarantees about outside the stadium.

I still want to see it played at Green Bay. I never did care for domed stadiums. Dont Detriot have a retractable roof???

TheDealer
02-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Eagles 27, NE 14!!! :beer:

Patrick
02-06-2005, 01:16 AM
Eagles 27, NE 14!!! :beer:

:nono: :nono: Pats!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

ncmm
02-06-2005, 05:31 AM
I know I'm in the minority but I say Philly:D

as for pre-game be sure to catch the PBA on ESPN at 2:00PM eastern

Paul T. Casey
02-06-2005, 07:24 AM
I'm standing by my original pick, Pats by at least 4 TD's, probably more.

Patrick
02-06-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm standing by my original pick, Pats by at least 4 TD's, probably more.

Wishful thinking!!!!!!!! They win by only 3!!!!!!!

PJR
02-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Congrats to the Pats!!!!!

Patrick
02-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Wishful thinking!!!!!!!! They win by only 3!!!!!!!

I meant 3 points!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: