PDA

View Full Version : Sony Camera guys chime in

GodOSpeed
01-25-2005, 04:02 PM
I just got this Sony Cyber-shot 5.1 (DSC-W1) for christmas and I was wondering how to upload my pics thru Sony Picture Package Viewer. I go to Attachments then to browse and find the Sony folder but can not find my pics! Any help will be appreciated.

Smokie
01-25-2005, 04:49 PM
I have one of those cameras, I don't use the software that came with it. I use the USB adapter cable, plug into a USB port and my Windows XP operating system responds with a pop up window giving me choices of where to upload the pictures to. I choose simply the My Pictures choice, name the folder and upload. I have editing programs that I can use if I need to, but I store in the My Pictures folder.

GodOSpeed
01-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the response Smokie! Now I have two problems with that. 1. I have Windows 98 (If it aint broke dont fix it) 2. I already have a buttload of pics uploaded to this software and I'd imagine that I will have to delete the software to disable the auto load feature.

Smokie
01-25-2005, 05:16 PM
If you have already uploaded many pictures to the software in question, what has changed that does not allow you to upload ? or maybe that is the part you don't know ?:dunno:

GodOSpeed
01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
To the World Wide Web my good man.

Smokie
01-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Ok, my stooopid !!! I understand now, sorry. Why don't you try to place the pictures you want to upload on your desktop and then browse for then there, I always upload off my desktop.

MarauderMark
01-25-2005, 06:45 PM
I just got this Sony Cyber-shot 5.1 (DSC-W1) for christmas and I was wondering how to upload my pics thru Sony Picture Package Viewer. I go to Attachments then to browse and find the Sony folder but can not find my pics! Any help will be appreciated.

Ok when you hit browse and your looking for your pics at the bottom it says files of type click on that then click on all files and then look were you downloaded them at and see if that helps.

Smokie
01-25-2005, 06:51 PM
There is one other thing I forgot, make sure the file type for your pictures is jpg or gif not the DSC format Sony uses.

merc
01-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the response Smokie! Now I have two problems with that. 1. I have Windows 98 (If it aint broke dont fix it) 2. I already have a buttload of pics uploaded to this software and I'd imagine that I will have to delete the software to disable the auto load feature.

You are still running Windows 98, yips. If you want to run the most updated USB drivers and photo applications then upgrade your OS man. Windows 98 is your main problem, and yes it's broken and hacked. Have you looked at the security updates and broswer updates lately. :)

http://secunia.com/product/13/

Yes I own one of those Sony Cyber-shot 5.1 (DSC-W1) you are talking about, but I run a Macintosh computer and can only be helpful when asking questions about digital photography. I didn't use the software that came with the camera.

GodOSpeed
01-25-2005, 08:41 PM
You are still running Windows 98, yips. If you want to run the most updated USB drivers and photo applications then upgrade your OS man. Windows 98 is your main problem, and yes it's broken and hacked. Have you looked at the security updates and broswer updates lately. :)

http://secunia.com/product/13/

Yes I own one of those Sony Cyber-shot 5.1 (DSC-W1) you are talking about, but I run a Macintosh computer and can only be helpful when asking questions about digital photography. I didn't use the software that came with the camera.
I have it set to notify me automaticaly and have to run spy sweeper constantly. Thanks for all of the advice guys I'm going to try Smokies deal tommorow. I'd hate to have to rob the.... I can't hardley say it... The mod bank for upgrades to the cp. It just don't seem right! :P

cruzer
01-25-2005, 09:18 PM
I use a chip reader in a USB port and can download into any program I have---have had no problems---I have "98 " also :bigcry:

GodOSpeed
01-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Ok guys I found it and it is jpg. When I upload it I get this error.. File is too large for this filetype is 100.0KB Your file is 2.04MG. What do I do next?

Smokie
01-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Send Logan a nasty note....or resize the picture, your software should be able to do it