PDA

View Full Version : Art Carr Trans. or Level II Upgrade....

gonzo50
01-27-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm considering real soon to have my Trans. upgraded or replaced and just wanted to get a better understanding of both....

I was at Dennis open-house last month and had him diagnose a symptom I was getting from my Trans. right before the upshift from first to second, I have a SCMT-1725 tune and went back to the stock program and the symptom was still there.

I can't explain it but Dennis also had his programer guy check it out and he said that it might be crossed signals in the program causing this effect.

Well, I'm not satisfied with this lingering effect and want a change for the better, I'm also going to chance my tune from the SCMT to the SCT-9100 or better.

What does the Art Carr trans. consist of over the Level II Upgrade and does it also have the J-Mod installed ?

Does the Art Carr also address the c-clip deficiency in the stock trans. ?

The Art Carr trans. is bullet proof, is the Level II Upgrade also bullet proof ?

The price for the Art Carr trans. -vs- the price for the Level II Upgrade seems like a big difference, is there a core charge involved ?

How much for the installation on both, you can PM Me with the price quote cause I'm definitely going with one or the other.

A break down of all the parts replaced or added for both kits would be highly appreciated, just want to weigh my decision. Thanks.

If anyone else has some input on this, the more, the merrier.
I know Dennis is the expert on this matter, but I welcome all comments. Thanks

MarauderMark
01-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Well i know that the level II upgrade are art carr parts .Dennis sends it to a company that uses there parts and sends it back to Dennis when finished(Big difference in price).Also get the Torque convertor as well .As for bullit proof i am not sure .Maybe someone else can answer that as i would like to know too.

I also hear that the art carr is lifetime warranted.i dont know if Dennis's is ..

Dennis Reinhart
01-28-2005, 06:56 PM
What I have tried to do is make a kit that our members can use to build a bullet proof transmission, I normally do not sell transmissions for our Marauders mainly because of there are few cores out there especially for the 04 which has the 4R75W I have a spare 03 built here and I am trying to buy a 04 now so that I can have these for my customers to drive in and drive out three hours later will a bullet proof build I use a Ford Certified Transmission Mechanic to build these he it meticulous and he has twenty years experience, so I am trying to give the members options, the kit has all the correct drill pits and instructions, Gregg did this kit in his Procharger car and he loves it many other members here have bought it and had installed by shops, so again the options are there.

valleyman
01-28-2005, 10:42 PM
I had mine installed by a shop and I ... what's the word ...oh, yeah, LOVE IT! Well worth the price of admission. :banana2:

teamrope
01-28-2005, 10:49 PM
I had mine installed by a shop and I ... what's the word ...oh, yeah, LOVE IT! Well worth the price of admission. :banana2:

I have driven Valleyman's car, and I have driven another members car that has the same mods minus the level II trans upgrade. You can feel a little bit "crisper" shift in the SOTP meter.
:)