PDA

View Full Version : Police Car Models

Bluerauder
01-27-2005, 05:58 PM
My son has developed a hobby of sorts by making models of some of the local police, fire, and sheriff's cars. I think he is doing pretty well .... check out some of his work. :D

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1891PWC_Police-med.jpg
Prince William County Police cruiser

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1891Manassas_Police-med.jpg
Manassas City Police cruiser

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1891Fairfax_Co_Police-med.jpg
Fairfax County Police cruiser

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1891OWL_VFD-med.jpg
OWL Volunteer Fire Department chief

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1891PWC_Sheriff-med.jpg
Prince William County Sheriff cruiser

hitchhiker
01-27-2005, 06:03 PM
These are very nice.

Did he use a store bought plactic model kit? Perhaps a Revel or Monogram model kit?

Thanks,

David

Bluerauder
01-27-2005, 06:09 PM
These are very nice.

Did he use a store bought plactic model kit? Perhaps a Revel or Monogram model kit?

Thanks,

David
They are die cast 1:18 scale. He gets unpainted or primed cars and paints them, does the light bar, grill and all the lettering. :D Not sure of his source for the cars ......

Mike Poore
01-27-2005, 06:17 PM
They are die cast 1:18 scale. He gets unpainted or primed cars and paints them, does the light bar, grill and all the lettering. :D Not sure of his source for the cars ......
Charlie, they're wonderful!

Do you think he could be talked into bringing one to the next CAM doo? Has he done one of Brutus' department's cars, yet? :2thumbs:

Silver_04
01-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Wow, I'd have your son make a few extras to carry around in the glove compartment to use as get out of jail free cards...ya' know, just in case.

Bluerauder
01-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Do you think he could be talked into bringing one to the next CAM doo? Has he done one of Brutus' department's cars, yet? :2thumbs:
He can probably bring a couple. As far as Brutus' -- not yet -- but a definite possibility ..... S.O.B. already mentioned that possibility to me. :D

Bigdogjim
01-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Nice:up:

Look sharp, good photo also:)

How a marauder?

CBT
01-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Wow, looks just like the real ones that chase me down 64! Uh... I mean, they look pretty realistic.:D

merc
01-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Ok, where to I sign up for copies.

DEFYANT
01-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Nice work.
Does he do Marauders? I know a few people who might be intersted....

MI2QWK4U
01-27-2005, 07:45 PM
His models are some of the best reproductions I have seen! Any chance he would do one of my departments cruiser? I could get better pics if he needs them.
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/495TROUBLEMAKER.jpg

MarauderMark
01-27-2005, 07:53 PM
His models are some of the best reproductions I have seen! Any chance he would do one of my departments cruiser? I could get better pics if he needs them.

Send your pictures to dear ole captin George(noah).anyways Great job George they look professional..You should pics of what people want and sell them here and on cvn as well..Just a thought...

Bluerauder
01-28-2005, 10:25 AM
:bump: :2thumbs:

Haggis
01-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Send your pictures to dear ole captin George(noah).anyways Great job George they look professional..You should pics of what people want and sell them here and on cvn as well..Just a thought...

There great George...They will sell better then fake monogramed underwear. :rofl:

Nice work.
Does he do Marauders? I know a few people who might be intersted....
That's what I'm talking about!!

Mike Poore
01-28-2005, 12:02 PM
There great George...They will sell better then fake monogramed underwear. :rofl:

That's what I'm talking about!!
Hey Charlie! Who's this George guy they're talking about?

Y'know, S.O.B. could make a nice income, selling these beautiful models to police departments all over the country. Of course, he's going to have to learn how to produce them fast enough to make a profit. I bet he's got way too much time in them now, to make anything on them.

jgc61sr2002
01-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Very nice work. :up:

Haggis
01-28-2005, 12:53 PM
George you know S.O.B. Charlie's son, the one that comes to the CAM Meets...oh forget it... :help: :rolleyes:

Bluerauder
01-28-2005, 01:20 PM

Y'know, S.O.B. could make a nice income, selling these beautiful models to police departments all over the country. Of course, he's going to have to learn how to produce them fast enough to make a profit. I bet he's got way too much time in them now, to make anything on them.
Yeah, if he sold 'em at cost for just materials and labor invested .... you'd have to work out financing arrangements through Ford Credit. :rofl: Right now it's just a hobby. He has the patience to take the time to do them right ... this is a trait that must have come from his mother. :D

Haggis
01-28-2005, 05:29 PM
...He has the patience to take the time to do them right ... this is a trait that must have come from his mother. :D
That's not the only trait he received from his mother. ;)

Bluerauder
01-29-2005, 12:16 AM
That's not the only trait he received from his mother. ;)
I"ll tell 'ya ... I get no respect !!!! :lol:

Mike Poore
01-29-2005, 11:34 AM
George you know S.O.B. Charlie's son, the one that comes to the CAM Meets...oh forget it... :help: :rolleyes:
Sorry George, Charlie, Gordon, and all, I'm not sure I've ever been in the vicinity when anyone called the talented lad anything except S.O.B. George is the name I'll be using from now on. BTW, Charlie, why hasn't he been posting, as I'm sure he has lots of secrets to tell. ;)

nhinterceptor
01-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Bluerauder, Your son builds some very nice looking cars!!!

The 1/18 cars shown are MotorMax, they don't have the correct front side markers, front door glass or chrome trim around side windows like the AutoArts, the front doors are also hinged differently. They also don't have the detailed interior...they are a third of the price of AutoArts.

They are available as NYPD, LA Cty Sheriff, CHiP, White Blank and Black & White Blank typically around $18-22

The 1/24 & 1/18 Marauder conversion I was working on are just collecting dust. I just finished up a 24 car build for a local department. Maybe I will finish the models while I still have the actual car :rolleyes:

I'm working on a 1/24 New Hampshire State Trooper car for myself, GA, NC and IA just need decals to finish them.

-Dan