PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a lurker...

Sully008
02-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Hello everyone,

I have to admit, I'm a closet MM fan. I've been a member for a couple of months now and am really envious of everyone here. This is my first post and I really enjoy the sense of family on this board. Wish I could afford a MM.

Not that I'm pantherless myself. I bought a used '04 DTR CVLX in Sept. '04. Over the next several months I will be making it my "own". I know it will never be a MM, but one can always dream, right? :)

Thanks for having a great site and I hope to be helpful to some of you as the info posted here has helped me.

:beer:

Wires
02-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Hello everyone,

I have to admit, I'm a closet MM fan. I've been a member for a couple of months now and am really envious of everyone here. This is my first post and I really enjoy the sense of family on this board. Wish I could afford a MM.

Not that I'm pantherless myself. I bought a used '04 DTR CVLX in Sept. '04. Over the next several months I will be making it my "own". I know it will never be a MM, but one can always dream, right? :)

Thanks for having a great site and I hope to be helpful to some of you as the info posted here has helped me.

:beer:I almost bought a used 03 DTR CVLX in October of last year. It was a really close decision, and I don't think I can REALLY afford the Marauder. I love the DTR paint, but there's no way I could have found a DTR marauder, much less afforded one if I did!

I see people who post their deals on their used Marauders. In my area, I did well, but it appears that if one is willing to travel, one can do better. When I had a problem with my car, I thought I made the wrong decision - but it worked out in the end. My marauder may not be as nice as others on this site, but I'm proud of it, and I'm working to improve it.

I'm glad I learned about the changes that made the 03 and up Panther cars much better.

These guys have really helped me also. I look forward to your input in the future, and I hope I can help someone also.

Tallboy
02-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Welcome, Sully! Thanks for coming out of the shadows. I lurked for a few months myself, and since then I have made many new friends and recieved a lot of help. I hope your expirience is as positive as mine has been...:)

gdmjoe
02-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Sully008
Welcome to the light.

Just so's you know there are several of us non-Marauder owners here that cross-over from the dark-side ( a.k.a. CrownVic.net (http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/index.php) ). http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/d/gdmjoe/evil.gif
*It's all good.

Sully008
02-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I've already learned a lot from here regarding performance/handling that I will be applying to my CV in the spring. Because I still have full warranty for the next five years, full blown performance mods is out of the question right now. But I am putting in an aftermarket audio system 'cause this is my daily driver, and I can't handle the stock system.

Krytin
02-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Hello everyone,

Having a FAST 4dr sedan (well, if it's a panther) that can Handle is what it's about!
Welcome to the site, come to the meets, read & post and learn how to make the car better, faster, badder! Enjoy!

Sully008
02-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the light.

Just so's you know there are several of us non-Marauder owners here that cross-over from the dark-side ( a.k.a. CrownVic.net (http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/index.php) ). http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/d/gdmjoe/evil.gif
*It's all good.

Hi gdmjoe!

Your car is one of the one's that I really appreciate the work you've put into it. It actually inspired me to start personlizing my own CV :beer:

Sully008
02-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Having a FAST 4dr sedan (well, if it's a panther) that can Handle is what it's about!
Welcome to the site, come to the meets, read & post and learn how to make the car better, faster, badder! Enjoy!

Hi Krytin,

I'd love to come to the meets, but that's a heck of a drive for me to NY (I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada!)

Dr Caleb
02-01-2005, 10:35 AM
I'd love to come to the meets, but that's a heck of a drive for me to NY (I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada!)

Meh! Just use more of the right foot! ;)

:welcome: BTW . . .

Krytin
02-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Hey, sombody here is having meets close to you - if not - start your own! You never know who will show up!

Hack Goby
02-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Hey, sombody here is having meets close to you - if not - start your own! You never know who will show up!Winnipeg,Manatoba home for Marauderville4.Just a thought.

Sully008
02-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Winnipeg,Manatoba home for Marauderville4.Just a thought.

Why not? It's pretty much in the centre of North America. Plus, we have a Henry Ford birthday car show every summer! :D

Patrick
02-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Why not? It's pretty much in the centre of North America. Plus, we have a Henry Ford birthday car show every summer! :D

I see a serious road trip for that!!!!! What the hey, I'M in!!!!!!!! And welcome!!!

BillyGman
02-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Welcome aboard!!! I almost bought a CV also. I always liked them. Infact I had test driven a black 03 that I had picked out, and I placed a deposit on it and was supposed to return to that dealer on the following day to close the deal,and set up a date to take delivery. Fortunately for me another dealer then called me and suggested that I look at the Marauder. I didn't even know what a Marauder was, so he told me to go on the Mercury website, and when I did, my mind was made up, and I purchased a Marauder three days later.

BTW, your car has the same transmission as a Marauder, as well as the same exhaust and rear end too. So you can benefit from the same after market headers and exhaust modifications, 4.10 rear end gears, and torque converter that many of us do for our Marauders. And many dealers won't have a problem with warantee issues when it comes to bolt-on stuff like exhausts mods, or computer chips. There are some Ford SVT dealers that don't even have a problem with rear end gear changes. Especially if you have them do the work. If you would be interested in those things, then talk to the service manager to find out what his position is on that, so that everything between him and you is out in the open. That's what I did. Ofcourse the supercharger issue would likely be another story though. You can even get the same exhaust tips by themselves that Marauders have from Wchain of Innovative Intercepters who has a forum on this board (they're about $130). they're from the company who supplied the original equipment for the Marauders, so they're the same OEM part. And you can get them in a "deleted" form or the exact original from Wes("Wchain").

RoyLPita
02-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Welcome Sully. Enjoy the site.

wchain
02-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Hello everyone,

Welcome Aboard Mike!!! :D

Sully008
02-01-2005, 12:49 PM
RoyLPita - Thanks for the welcome!

BillyGMan- I downloaded your burnout video. I have but one thing to say:
:bows:

It's good to know a lot of the stuff you guys are doing to the MM can be done to the CV. My friend is a Ford Tech at the one and only dealership I go to, and he's the only one I trust to work on either of my cars. I've already talked to Wes @ Innovative and he's an awesome vendor. Wes, if you read this, I'm still interested in the Sport rims! I'm that Candian guy that keeps emailing you, eh! I'll let you know. :beer:

wchain
02-01-2005, 01:03 PM
RoyLPita - Thanks for the welcome!

BillyGMan- I downloaded your burnout video. I have but one thing to say:
:bows:

It's good to know a lot of the stuff you guys are doing to the MM can be done to the CV. My friend is a Ford Tech at the one and only dealership I go to, and he's the only one I trust to work on either of my cars. I've already talked to Wes @ Innovative and he's an awesome vendor. Wes, if you read this, I'm still interested in the Sport rims! I'm that Candian guy that keeps emailing you, eh! I'll let you know. :beer:

I knew it was you! :burnout:

gdmjoe
02-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Sully008 ... Your car is one of the one's that I really appreciate the work you've put into it. It actually inspired me to start personlizing my own CV
You're too kind sir. Thanks

BTW ... Having worked for ( and reported to ) a CA-based company ( NORTEL ) for the past 26 years, I speak fluent Canadian, eh? So let me know if you have any trouble with CA/US, metric/English, our/or, re/er situations. :D

jgc61sr2002
02-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Mike - Welcome to the MM site. :welcome: Enjoy your new ride. :D

djv5150
02-01-2005, 03:29 PM
If you travel to Florida via car or plane we have several meets and would like to meet some of our northern friends.