PDA

View Full Version : The Cosmic Finger of Friendship

N40GL
02-08-2005, 02:50 PM
The Hubble Space Telescope has produced some remarkable images of distant parts of the universe. Perhaps none is more remarkable than this photograph of the Keyhole Nebula. The upper left corner of the image contains the best extant photograph of the famous Cosmic Finger of Friendship.

This image was produced by the Hubble Heritage Team (NASA/AURA/STScI) using data collected by the Hubble Heritage Team with the assistance of N. Walborn (STScI), R. Barba (La Plata Obs., Argentina), and A. Caulet (France).

merc
02-08-2005, 02:54 PM
The Hubble Space Telescope has produced some remarkable images of distant parts of the universe. Perhaps none is more remarkable than this photograph of the Keyhole Nebula. The upper left corner of the image contains the best extant photograph of the famous Cosmic Finger of Friendship.

This image was produced by the Hubble Heritage Team (NASA/AURA/STScI) using data collected by the Hubble Heritage Team with the assistance of N. Walborn (STScI), R. Barba (La Plata Obs., Argentina), and A. Caulet (France).

I have one almost like that one on my wall. It is a print of the eagle nebula, very cool indeed.

MM2004
02-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Way cool indeed!

blackf0rk
02-08-2005, 04:49 PM
I don't think they got the whole "Cosmic Freindship Finger" sarcasm thing... ;)

CBT
02-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Put a Photon Torpedo across their bow, then we'll see who's pointing fingers and laughing, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!! ooops, dropped my beer....

Dr Caleb
02-09-2005, 08:46 AM
It'll be sad to see it go. It's produced some really stunning images over the years.

http://hubblesite.org/

metroplex
02-09-2005, 08:54 AM
If you look closely, and imagine a 3 fingered claw instead of a 5 finger hand... the middle finger is raised. That's your cosmic finger of friendship.

hitchhiker
02-09-2005, 10:59 AM

Gee, I kinda liked the 'fickle finger of fate' from the old Laugh In show in the late 60's. Used to watch it when the parents weren't looking!

:D

What a shame that the current regime want's to cut funding for NASA.

I Guess Halliburton hasn't found a way to profit from NASA activities yet.

:P

Regards,

David

DEFYANT
02-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Some day we'll set a course and engage at maximum warp to the Keyhole Nebula.

O's Fan Rich
02-09-2005, 11:55 AM
I got it....... :banana:
I also saved a copy in order to send it off to the unwary who may have "upset" me a tad.

Patrick
02-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Put a Photon Torpedo across their bow, then we'll see who's pointing fingers and laughing, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!! ooops, dropped my beer....

I thought thier wasnt supposed to be warning shots?????