PDA

View Full Version : Cant figure out how to add photo ...

DefyantExWife
02-11-2005, 07:32 PM
why cant i just upload an JPG image from my computer, i have to add a URL ?? bahh

Can we curse in this place ? :banned:

MarauderMark
02-11-2005, 07:37 PM
why cant i just upload an JPG image from my computer, i have to add a URL ?? bahh ==

Logan asks that pictures be posted in the Gallery and then linked to your post in a thread if possible. Easier to find later this way too.

Click on Gallery at the top of the page
Click on Register - this is your screen name and password. Once you're registered, you log in each time to the Gallery. Even though you're logged into the site, you need to log in separately to the Gallery.
Click on Upload Photos
Click Browse to find the pictures on your computer. Note the maximum size for all your pictures. Large pictures are resized when shown in the Gallery and take up more space. Optimum is 640x480 to conserve space.
Click Upload/Sumbit
To link a photo to a post:

Use the gray Post Reply button
Find the picture in the Gallery
Copy the URL for the picture page (next to UBBCode below pic)
Click on the yellow square box above the text box in your reply http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/editor/insertimage.gif
Paste the URL - picture will show up in the thread.
If you copy the picture gallery page URL, to direct the viewer into the Gallery, click on http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/editor/createlink.gif and past the URL, or just past the URL directly into the reply.

To insert a picture directly into a post:

Use the gray Post Reply button
Click on Manage Attachments under Additional Options
Click Browse to find the pictures on your computer. Optimum is 640x480 to conserve space.
Click Upload

Can we curse in this place ? :banned: Sure but you just can't write it... :D

Please vote

DefyantExWife
02-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Thank you !!

ah the picture i wanted to upload would go on the Star Wars thread, its a picture of Yoda with a cuss phrase.... very funny but i suppose it wouldnt go over well. I will use the gallery for other pictures in the future. Thank you again !

MarauderMark
02-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Thank you !!

ah the picture i wanted to upload would go on the Star Wars thread, its a picture of Yoda with a cuss phrase.... very funny but i suppose it wouldnt go over well. I will use the gallery for other pictures in the future. Thank you again !

You are welcome !! Let us know if it says anything about photo is too large.we can fix that too..:up: