PDA

View Full Version : 1st MM/Procharger Shipped

maraudernkc
02-11-2005, 07:52 PM
The 1st MM/Procharger kit shipped today. It will be Installed next Week.

I just wanted to thank MM/net and all the great memebers on this site that supported me on this project.

I know that this kit will exceed your expectations.

Thanks, Greg

shakes_26
02-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Where's it going? Tmac? Secret lair? Batmobile?

I wanna see it, comeon comeon comeon...

The 1st MM/Procharger kit shipped today. It will be Installed next Week.

I just wanted to thank MM/net and all the great memebers on this site that supported me on this project.

I know that this kit will exceed your expectations.

Thanks, Greg

HwyCruiser
02-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Good job Greg! I know you poured a lot of effort in getting the kit lined out. :beer:

I'm sure the FIT#1 owner will be very please.

Cobra25
02-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Sometimes Theirs nothing like a good Secret !

Tallboy
02-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Sometimes Theirs nothing like a good Secret !
Truer words have never been spoken.;) :D

greggash
02-11-2005, 08:26 PM
its going into tmac's car

MarauderMark
02-11-2005, 09:13 PM
its going into tmac's car

Will he get some kind of engraved special s/cer or some sort of plague comemerating s/ced 1 thru 10 .Maybe this is something good for both....Just curious..

Cobra25
02-12-2005, 07:45 AM
its going into tmac's car I just spoke to TMAC and its not him. It must be some other Lucky fellow.

MI2QWK4U
02-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Will he get some kind of engraved special s/cer or some sort of plague comemerating s/ced 1 thru 10 .Maybe this is something good for both....Just curious..

You mean something like this on my Trilogy? First one sold and installed to a customer car, second one installed, kit number 2.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/252dave15.jpg

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/252dave16.jpg

This is the polished billit air intake engraved with my kit number. A lot of folks ask about it a lot at car shows. A very nice touch if you can swing it.

tmac1337
02-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Although I have a serious interest in the kit, alas I cannot say that the first kit is mine.

It seems Maraudernkc has a few people interested in purchasing.

Congratulations to the lucky buyer! :)

tmac1337
02-12-2005, 09:52 AM
This is the polished billit air intake engraved with my kit number. A lot of folks ask about it a lot at car shows. A very nice touch if you can swing it.

I agree, it does look very nice. As far as I know the Procharger kit is available polished finished. There is a aluminum intake piece on the Procharger kit that can be polished if someone desires as well.

I met a guy at last weeks Tower Shops car show that does ceramic coating dips, the finish comes out looking just like chrome. Anyone have any idea if the upper visible air tubing on the Procharger kit could be dipped with this stuff. If it is feasible it would look REAL nice......polished blower, intake, with sparkling tubing....... :burnout:

FordNut
02-12-2005, 01:57 PM
I agree, it does look very nice. As far as I know the Procharger kit is available polished finished. There is a aluminum intake piece on the Procharger kit that can be polished if someone desires as well.

I met a guy at last weeks Tower Shops car show that does ceramic coating dips, the finish comes out looking just like chrome. Anyone have any idea if the upper visible air tubing on the Procharger kit could be dipped with this stuff. If it is feasible it would look REAL nice......polished blower, intake, with sparkling tubing....... :burnout:
Not sure about the dip, but Banks turbo kits have the tubing painted with thermal coatings. I plan to do mine with thermal dispersant coating on the discharge tube from blower to intercooler and thermal barrier coating from the intercooler to throttle body.

tmac1337
02-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Not sure about the dip, but Banks turbo kits have the tubing painted with thermal coatings. I plan to do mine with thermal dispersant coating on the discharge tube from blower to intercooler and thermal barrier coating from the intercooler to throttle body.

Sounds good. Looks like someone will be posting some pictures of the Procharger kit within a few days. I think the tubes come powder coated from Procharger. I am not that familiar with thermal coatings, but it does sound interesting. I am curious if any real temperature reductions in air are acquired from the use of such on tubing?

Compressing air makes heat. Procharger states that the intake air is 28 degrees above ambient after the air/air intercooler has dropped it from a high of 115 degrees at 8 psi on their kits (intercooler shows a reduction of 87 degrees). Maraudernkc has reported that his placement of the intercooler has shown his intake temperature to be 15 degrees above ambient at 9 psi during testing (Greg's location of intercooler must have reduced it 100 degrees), which is excellent.

It looks like Maraudernkc mounted the intercooler low w/ scoop to maximize airflow across the intercooler and to keep it away from the engine compartment to minimize heat soaking.

I am not sure thermal coatings are going to yield any more reductions on intake than the 15' above ambient now.