PDA

View Full Version : MM in GT4 is no more?

Jaguar
02-13-2005, 12:27 AM
I recall seeing several threads on this site about the '03 Marauder being in Gran Turismo 4 for Playstation 2. The MM was one of the many cars listed to be in GT4. But that was many months ago.

Anyway, GT4 is supposed to be released Feb 22. I checked the official site today and sadly the car list contains no Marauder! The only Mercury listed is a single Cougar. Either the Marauder was dropped completely or maybe it's a special car to unlock but I'd guess it just wasn't included in the end.

So, all of you who were going to buy the game pretty much just for the MM (including myself) may want to forget it. I'm sure it will still be a good game but of course it won't be at it's full potential without the MM included :cool:

Freddyss
02-13-2005, 07:33 PM
is there a 96 impala ss on there

Jaguar
02-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Nope, the official site is here http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97328/Site/ and the car list is under the picture of the shifter (car element) and then car list is the first square the bottom left.

MENINBLK
02-13-2005, 10:44 PM
422 cars to date, and no LAMBO or FERRARI ????
What a LAME GAME !!

MENINBLK
02-13-2005, 10:45 PM
is there a 96 impala ss on there

Nope... :(

djmcnary
02-14-2005, 07:24 AM
I recall seeing several threads on this site about the '03 Marauder being in Gran Turismo 4 for Playstation 2. The MM was one of the many cars listed to be in GT4. But that was many months ago.

Anyway, GT4 is supposed to be released Feb 22. I checked the official site today and sadly the car list contains no Marauder! The only Mercury listed is a single Cougar. Either the Marauder was dropped completely or maybe it's a special car to unlock but I'd guess it just wasn't included in the end.

So, all of you who were going to buy the game pretty much just for the MM (including myself) may want to forget it. I'm sure it will still be a good game but of course it won't be at it's full potential without the MM included :cool:
That's OK, you can drive a 97 Eagle Talon......WTF?:depress:

Douglas

Long Live #3
02-14-2005, 08:01 AM
The reason why Ferarri and Lambo aren't in the game is because Microsoft got to them first with Project Gotham Racing. Microsoft offered them more money than PS2.

Freddyss
02-15-2005, 02:43 PM
The reason why Ferarri and Lambo aren't in the game is because Microsoft got to them first with Project Gotham Racing. Microsoft offered them more money than PS2.

Ha Ha go microsoft

Dark_Knight7096
02-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Marauder not being included in a videogame? Huge shock. The only way we'll ever see that is if one of us programs the game ourselves.

Rider90
02-16-2005, 10:44 AM
wow! I'm so glad they invested time in the modeling and performance of the 1983 Honda City II Turbo INSTEAD of the Marauder, Crown Vic, and the Impala SS :mad2: that car is three times what our car is, right guys?

TechHeavy
02-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Someone at Sony needs a bi***slap! According to my list, there are only about 25 production cars, (in the world ever made!) faster than BillyGman's in the 1/4 mile..... and yet it's not in GT4???? It should definitely be there, with the option to upgrade with a Trilogy S/C in the garage when you've earned enough money. :D

Just my .02.

Canadasvt
02-16-2005, 12:18 PM
I would not take that info on the playstation site too literally. It states that the Mustang GT is FF (front engine front wheel drive) and the SVT Lightening is 4wd.:help:

The website states that there are 422 cars to date, BUT there will be over 650 cars when the game is released to the public.http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97328/Site/

I've mastered GranTurismo 1, 2, and 3 (100%). I never heard there was going to be a MM on GT4, so I'm not that disappointed. GT3 is the best simulator game for cars out there. Subaru had Sony build them a simulator car for visitors of the Canadian International Auto Show (biggest square footage auto show in NA) and the line was longer than the beer tent. GT4 will be the most realistic simulated driving game ever, but I've heard it won't be out until the middle of March. I hope the MM is hidden in there somewhere.

metroplex
02-16-2005, 12:37 PM
Ricer cars sell games because everyone wants to be like the characters in Fast and the Furious.

snot-nosed kids don't want grandpa cars in their video games.

Fourth Horseman
02-16-2005, 01:12 PM
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say: I told you so. (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14449)

:D

TechHeavy
02-16-2005, 01:34 PM
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say: I told you so. (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14449)

:D
Lol! Don't rub it in, ya bastid! :D

MENINBLK
02-16-2005, 05:47 PM
snot-nosed kids don't want grandpa cars in their video games.

My 8 year old son would rather drive a Mustang or a Crown Vic in FORD Racing 2.
He doesn't like driving anything else...

Dark_Knight7096
02-16-2005, 06:03 PM
I'll agree with that, me and my friends do all Crown Vic races more than anything else.

tbore007
02-20-2005, 05:07 PM

im very saddened by this =(

QWK SVT
02-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Only a few more days 'til it hits the stores... With, or without a Marauder, with or without a 4x4 Lightning, I MUST have this game ;) I may even have to call in to work sick, the day after I purchase :D

Canadasvt
02-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Yes, GT4 will be at Best Buy February 23 and Future Shop on the 24th. I'm on parental leave until May, so I hope the baby either learns fast how to play, or starts taking longer naps:D

QWK SVT
02-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Yes, GT4 will be at Best Buy February 23 and Future Shop on the 24th. I'm on parental leave until May, so I hope the baby either learns fast how to play, or starts taking longer naps:D
Did you reserve a copy, or are you going to try to just walk in? I have a feeling that they may be out of stock, pretty quickly...

I love how it's already been reviewed 358 times on FS's website :rolleyes:

Long Live #3
02-20-2005, 08:34 PM
I looked at the list yesterday, and I have bad news. The MM is NOT in GT4. If it is a secret car, I'll let you guys know cuz this tuesday I'm picking up my copy from GameStop.

Canadasvt
02-21-2005, 08:22 AM
Did you reserve a copy, or are you going to try to just walk in? I have a feeling that they may be out of stock, pretty quickly...

I love how it's already been reviewed 358 times on FS's website :rolleyes:
I'll just walk in.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago some video/game store in Oakville Place was taking reservations. I was walking by with the wife and baby and saw some GT4 games on the shelf by the cash register. I darted into the store to get one, but they were empty, with a sticker telling me to reserve my copy there.:help:

Maybe I'll call Best Buy today:burnout:

Canadasvt
02-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Just picked it up from Microplay:banana2: :beer: :burnout:

Captain Steve
02-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Sounds like you raised the boy right :)

I got this strange mental image...

"Look dad, it's a Toyota Supr.." *THWACK*
"Look at that pimpin' Honda Civ..." *THWACK*
"Look dad, " *Flinch, "It's a Mustang!" *Pat on the head..
"Oh,hey.. that Marauder just blew the Honda's doors off" *Hug*

Hehe:coolman:

gpfarrell
02-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Any Marauder confirmation yet?

I'm still trying to figure out if Sony gets my money or if get to keep it!

Thanks for putting the controller down long enough to write back,

Greg

MENINBLK
02-22-2005, 12:27 PM
:rofl:
Sounds like you raised the boy right :)

I got this strange mental image...

"Look dad, it's a Toyota Supr.." *THWACK*
"Look at that pimpin' Honda Civ..." *THWACK*
"Look dad, " *Flinch, "It's a Mustang!" *Pat on the head..
"Oh,hey.. that Marauder just blew the Honda's doors off" *Hug*

Hehe:coolman:

ROTFLMAO :rofl:

Naw...
Never had to do that.
He picks them on the sound.
I've got a Cambridge Soundworks 250Watt 12" Bass Cube on my Home Theater.
If he can't FEEL it, the car simply SUCKS...

BK_GrandMarquis
02-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Any Marauder confirmation yet?

I'm still trying to figure out if Sony gets my money or if get to keep it!

Thanks for putting the controller down long enough to write back,

Greg

I just picked up mine tonight. Gonna be some long sleepless night ahead. I'll let you guys know if I find a sleeping Panther somewhere.

No Panthers yet but I found a couple of nice classic muscle cars.
Plymouth Cuda 440-6 '71 $58,360
Mustang GT 350R '65
Shelby Cobra 427 '67

Plus I found an 87' Buick GNX for $31,000!!! Not sure what my first car will be. I'm thinking about any flavor of Mustang. Mercury had their 67' Cougar XR-7.

Long Live #3
02-23-2005, 06:34 AM
I picked up my copy at GameStop, and right away I went straight for the Mercury cars. There was no Marauder. Just a Cougar XR7. It's probably a hidden car.

King Fubar
02-23-2005, 06:50 AM
I just looked at a cheat website for GT 4 and it had no mention for the Marauder in the unlockable cars, just the Cougar.

Canadasvt
02-23-2005, 07:57 AM
I've been using the Mustang GT with 508hp so far. The nitrous helps on the staights, but she still needs the full engine and suspension upgrade. Have put Magnum 500 wheels on it.

Found a SHO in one of the used lots, but no MM yet.

gpfarrell
02-23-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the updates!!!

My fingers are crossed so hard I think I'm starting to cut off the circulation!

G

Long Live #3
02-23-2005, 09:29 AM
I did see the 2000 Mustang Cobra R.

Dark_Knight7096
02-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Do you wanna know what really really burns me?????? :mad2: A DeLorean DMC-12 is included in this game:confused: I personally really happen to like the DMC-12s but really, when i think racing and high performance automobilia, a DeLorean does not even cross my mind. I was tlaking to someone that bought this car in the game and right now it has 456 HP, why is the DeLorean "cooler" than the Marauder? Why was that warranted to be in the game but our car wasn't. I'm calling complete and total :bs: on GT4 right now. The creators of this game are lucky there is a waiting period to purchase firearms, cause if there weren't,:gunfire: i'd do a virtual drive by and blow that DMC up like the godfather!!

01 Interceptor
02-25-2005, 05:40 PM
This was posted on crownvic.us as a "final list" of vehicles in the game. [click link to CVU as there was too much text to post here.]

http://www.crownvic.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11393

Also, there ARE Crown Vics in the game...but only in NYC during photo mode from what I understand. Has anyone tried B-Spec mode yet? Being the crew chief isn't quite as fun as racing. Don't forget, if you have GT3 save game data...you can transfer up to 100k and your B and A licenses ONLY. It sure does help in making that first car purchase! Also, a tip that was posted that will net you some large gains: "Go to Special Condition Race 2 at Costa di Amalfi. Win those 2 races, each is only 2 laps. The prize is a rally car that sells at $265k! Any car with more than 270hp should be able to win the race."

BTW, here are some fine examples of the photo mode in GT4. Thanks go out to Amir for his talents and info. http://3d-realm.com/gt4/thumbnails.php?album=1

Rider90
02-26-2005, 06:59 AM
I just bought GT4 last night and played for a few hours. I like the new graphics and navigation, and I also transferred credits and licenses from my GT3 save-file. First thing I bought was the 1987 Buick GNX and added a stage 2 turbo, port and polish, and the sports trans. The thing doesn't fare so well in corners but when the track gets straight I just fly by.

An easy money-maker that I have discovered is in the American Events do the first race on the first track in Directors Mode (The race that wins 4k in 3rd position) and just direct the guy for a few laps. No driving and you get the money. I'll be doing that until I can afford sport suspension, brakes, etc...

What still bugs me is go click on any of the used cars section and check out whats there. Some of them are real pieces of crap! They put their time into a 150hp coffin on wheels than an Impala SS or Marauder? gah...I'll never get it my way. :bs:

01 Interceptor
02-26-2005, 02:23 PM
.What still bugs me is go click on any of the used cars section and check out whats there. Some of them are real pieces of crap! They put their time into a 150hp coffin on wheels than an Impala SS or Marauder? gah...I'll never get it my way. :bs:

Amen brother! Dig that Honda City Turbo II!!!!! :down:

QWK SVT
02-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Just picked it up from Microplay:banana2: :beer: :burnout:
I grabbed the last copy of the shelf, at the woodbine/hwy 7 Futureshop, Tuesday night. (I'm sure they have crates coming in, everyday)... I've spent almost every single moment of free time playing!

QWK SVT
02-27-2005, 11:37 AM
An easy money-maker that I have discovered is in the American Events do the first race on the first track in Directors Mode (The race that wins 4k in 3rd position) and just direct the guy for a few laps. No driving and you get the money. I'll be doing that until I can afford sport suspension, brakes, etc...
Best money make I've found so far:
Get a fast car (I use the Race Camaro that you can win from one of the USA races)
Go to the Special Conditions races (assumes you already have the required licenses)
Race in the Capri events (don't worry - rally car not needed)
2 races x $10,000 each + aver winning both, you get a $150,000 WRX
In about 15 minutes of effort, you get $170,000 to go buy some fun stuff...

PS - If you choose to rerun the events, you can reset the prize, and keep winning the money and the cars, over and over...

01 Interceptor
02-27-2005, 10:08 PM
That's a good one, but as I posted above:

"Go to Special Condition Race 2 at Costa di Amalfi. Win those 2 races, each is only 2 laps. The prize is a rally car that sells at $265k! Any car with more than 270hp should be able to win the race."

Don't hit any walls or your opponent too hard, or you will incur a 5 second penalty. It's pretty easy once you learn the track. Total Cash = 10K, but you get a car worth 265k each time, so that is 275k!!! Do this a few times and buy cars to your heart's content!!! I have 34 cars right now. :up:

QWK SVT
02-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Has anyone figured out the "Point System" yet? It's obviously tied to the capabilities of your vehicle (lesser car = greater points reward). I'm sure it's in the manual, but I'm too busy playing the game to be reading about it ;)

01 Interceptor
02-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Well I know I got 184-200 for using the Dodge Ram I modified for the Costa di Amalfi races.

Canadasvt
03-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Has anyone figured out the "Point System" yet? It's obviously tied to the capabilities of your vehicle (lesser car = greater points reward). I'm sure it's in the manual, but I'm too busy playing the game to be reading about it ;)
I didn't see any info on the point system.

My quickest drag car is the Cougar XR7 at 10.8

Have the SVT Cobra R but the 05 Mustang GT is much faster and handles better. (Looks better IMO too).

The :censor: 300C is my Maruader until GT5 is released :bs: .

QWK SVT
03-07-2005, 07:49 PM
I didn't see any info on the point system.

My quickest drag car is the Cougar XR7 at 10.8

Have the SVT Cobra R but the 05 Mustang GT is much faster and handles better. (Looks better IMO too).

The :censor: 300C is my Maruader until GT5 is released :bs: .
SVT Lightning with all the mods (688HP) and some tweaking of the suspension and gearing has netted me 10.3 on the juice :burnout: I'm guessing that one of the Skylines (or other Japanese favorite) will go <10, but none of the US cars.:bs:

01 Interceptor
03-08-2005, 01:07 AM
My Skyline does 9s. :D

Long Live #3
03-08-2005, 07:21 AM
I've got a new Ford GT and it has well over 750hp.

Dr Caleb
03-08-2005, 09:41 AM
I think the game is set up a little rice-centric, but they do have some sweet classics.

I just finished my i-A license, and let me tell you, test #15 took me all weekend. 1 lap of Nurumburgring in a Mercedes EVO 100 (240hp, no traction control, no stability management). In less than 10 minutes! Oi!!! I got it in 9'25" :)

Already won something called a 'Nike One 2022'. Looks cool, and way too fast, but you can't race it and it's worth nothing to sell. Also got a '67 Nissan Skyline, and a 2004 (?!?) DeLorean. I think it came with the flux capacitor. ;)

But the primo ride is a 2005 'Stang in Silver ;) 600hp, but have to use street tires still, so it gets rubber in 3rd and is tough to control.

Got to import my GT3 data, licences and $100k to build it with. Next will be a F-150 Lightning :nworthy: :woohoo:

I really love the changes in the physics in GT4. I thought GT3 felt real, this is a notch up!

QWK SVT
03-08-2005, 06:56 PM
My Skyline does 9s. :D:bigcry: That figures... Beaten by a ricer ;)

I think the game is set up a little rice-centric, but they do have some sweet classics.

I just finished my i-A license, and let me tell you, test #15 took me all weekend. 1 lap of Nurumburgring in a Mercedes EVO 100 (240hp, no traction control, no stability management). In less than 10 minutes! Oi!!! I got it in 9'25" :)

Already won something called a 'Nike One 2022'. Looks cool, and way too fast, but you can't race it and it's worth nothing to sell. Also got a '67 Nissan Skyline, and a 2004 (?!?) DeLorean. I think it came with the flux capacitor. ;)

But the primo ride is a 2005 'Stang in Silver ;) 600hp, but have to use street tires still, so it gets rubber in 3rd and is tough to control.

Got to import my GT3 data, licences and $100k to build it with. Next will be a F-150 Lightning :nworthy: :woohoo:

I really love the changes in the physics in GT4. I thought GT3 felt real, this is a notch up!Rice-centric? I have a Buick GN, and the most it can get is <600HP! :alone:

I'm not a fan of the $0-value cars... What's the point, if they can't be sold for any profit... :rolleyes: The Nike car just looks so funky, though! I still haven't picked up a stang - I've been busy running around in a 700+ HP Chevelle.

I agree, re: the physics. This is, by FAR< the best driving sim I've ever played

Dr Caleb
03-09-2005, 08:50 AM
My Skyline does 9s.

My Cadillac Cien does 8's ;) 907HP, less than 1100kg :woohoo:

Rice-centric? I have a Buick GN, and the most it can get is <600HP! :alone:

I'm not a fan of the $0-value cars... What's the point, if they can't be sold for any profit... :rolleyes: The Nike car just looks so funky, though! I still haven't picked up a stang - I've been busy running around in a 700+ HP Chevelle.

In the "Special condition races", the second race, you go up against a Renault 5 turbo in a rally street race. My Mustang thumped it soundly. There are two races, when you win both (takes about 4 minutes a race) you win a Toyota Rally car. $10k for winning the races, sell the Toyota it for $265k :woohoo: Good time:money raito!

Now I've got an F-150 lightning (but can't supercharge it ????), the Caddy above, a TVR Griffen, and a Toyota Rally car. Plus a few others I don't use. A few that have no value :mad: but are cool cars anyway.

Always wanted a Buick GNX!! :beer:

Also thinking about the '69 Shelby GT350 Mustang. Man, if I could only say that about Real Life. Hehehehe.

Long Live #3
03-09-2005, 09:22 AM
You guys didn't know that the DeLorean was being made again? It's called the S2.

Dr Caleb
03-09-2005, 09:51 AM
You guys didn't know that the DeLorean was being made again? It's called the S2.

I won one. Couldn't believe it was listed as a V-6, 2004 model year (hence my assumption it has the flux capacitor ;) )! But you can't race it in many categories. The car is listed as RR (Rear engine, Rear drive) so it doesn't qualify for the MR races.

ELKO1
03-10-2005, 06:08 PM
300C but no marauder? Go figure....Jap game. I have played all of the GT's and was also hoping for the marauder. There is an over abudance of worthless japanese cars in this game. GT4 is just an updated version of GT2 anyway. It's too bad there are no F1 cars like in GT3. B spec mode is not all that great either, I have a Toyota Gt One race car set at 1103 HP, the computer will basically pit when ever your tires go orange...you have no say in that either. That really sucks when your in the final two laps of a race. Computer will also spin out or hit a wall...with no one around him, and it's always within the last two laps. All in all, it's not a bad game, just not enough American cars, a 1964 Ford Galaxie R code 427 would have been nice or even a Fairlane GTA or thunderbolt.

Long Live #3
03-11-2005, 06:57 AM
You can control when you want to go into the pits. Just press the O button.

ELKO1
03-11-2005, 08:55 PM
I know how to pit, I'm saying the CPU will decide on it's own as well. There have been several times were the computer pit with out me telling it too.

BK_GrandMarquis
03-13-2005, 12:06 PM

Anybody get the Super License yet? I am working on the Graduation test now. You have to beat 7'58.300 minimum to get the Bronze and a best time of 7'07.700 to get the Gold at the Nurburgring. You get a better car than the previous test on this course but it's still a long course to remember. Looks like I have a long day ahead of me. :(

Dr Caleb
03-13-2005, 12:55 PM
You have to beat 7'58.300 minimum to get the Bronze and a best time of 7'07.700 to get the Gold at the Nurburgring.:(
:awe:
Wow. I haven't started on the Super License yet, but I did get 8'14" with a '67 Merc Cougar on Nuremburgring in the Professional -> Classic car series race.

I probabally coulda shaved it down to 8'00" with better gearing.

All I can suggest is get the same or equivalent car and go run 50 laps at Nuremburgring. It's the best way to get to know the track. Start with a slower car, and go to faster and faster cars. I've got to know the track well enough to have pet names like 'VW grafitti corners' for certain areas.

BK_GrandMarquis
03-13-2005, 02:52 PM
:awe:
Wow. I haven't started on the Super License yet, but I did get 8'14" with a '67 Merc Cougar on Nuremburgring in the Professional -> Classic car series race.

I probabally coulda shaved it down to 8'00" with better gearing.

All I can suggest is get the same or equivalent car and go run 50 laps at Nuremburgring. It's the best way to get to know the track. Start with a slower car, and go to faster and faster cars. I've got to know the track well enough to have pet names like 'VW grafitti corners' for certain areas.YES!!!!! I got it. Didn't take as long as I thought it would but... :woohoo: I was 14 seconds off the pace right before I passed. I made up the majority of the time in the first 1/4 of the track. I just took the Bronze at 7'57.60. It's nice to see the split times while your driving. Tells you if you have a chance at breaking the previous time or not. It's fun but I'd like to play the rest of the game. :D I'll probably mess with a better time later.

I was just watching the replay and noticed that my wiper is stuck in the middle. Wonder if there is a recall for that. ;)

Guess what car you get for passing the Super License???? A 1967 Mercury Cougar XR-7. :banana2:

Canadasvt
03-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Have Super License. Just did 25 laps (250 miles) of Nuremburgring in the AC Cobra in the european races. I think I know the track now. And by the pits you can see what looks like a BMW proving grounds track.

Mine won't pit on it's own, unless I run out of gas. I switch from a-spec to b-spec at the pits depending on if I have time or not.

Best sounding car for me so far is the '64 Goat. Nice low rumble.

This game is keeping me sane until the snow melts and all the salt and sand is swept off my streets. Then it will be Marauder Time!:banana2:

BK_GrandMarquis
03-18-2005, 04:35 PM
I know how to pit, I'm saying the CPU will decide on it's own as well. There have been several times were the computer pit with out me telling it too.Just started playing with the Directors mode. It's probably because the tires are so wore that it can't be driven safely around the track. I've seen the Cougar going around the Nurburgring on orange rated tires and it spun out at least 3 times after trying to slow down from a high speed turn.

Actually I find it convinient that it does pit on it's own. I can run the 1000 mile races and let the CPU do everything. It pits and doesn;t require you to interact at all. These races are 25-95 laps and that translates to over 3 hours of driving. After the entire championship is over, you have about $900,000. I'm not even done yet. It's still racing on it's own. :D

Found this link that has a list of the cars that can be won.

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/gt4hotspot/GT4prizecars.htm

BK_GrandMarquis
03-21-2005, 06:37 PM
How is this for a gaming setup?

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0502/02/news019_4.html

Long Live #3
03-21-2005, 10:22 PM
I want to know how you can do that! That's cool as hell!

Dr Caleb
03-22-2005, 08:52 AM
3 Playstations set up on a LAN, and designated as left-right-center. I think it's ethier a LAN or using the communication cable.

I used to do that all the time with Doom, but it required 3 PC's.

Cool indeed!