PDA

View Full Version : NHL to Settle Salary Dispute with Lawyer Fistfight

dwasson
02-15-2005, 11:06 AM
(2005-02-15) -- The National Hockey League, on the verge of canceling the season over a salary dispute with the player's union, announced that negotiations would end today with a "bare-knuckle fistfight between the lawyers."

Gary Bettman, the attorney who serves as NHL commissioner and Bob Goodenow, a lawyer and executive director of the player's union, will "throw down the gloves" at an arena yet to be named. Tickets for the event have already sold out.

If Mr. Bettman wins, the NHL imposes a salary cap at 55 percent of revenues. If Mr. Goodenow wins, the players receive a 24-percent pay cut, but avoid a revenue-based cap.

The winner of the fight will be determined by the league dentist, who, incidentally, is the NHL's highest paid employee.

No matter who wins, the NHL will continue to hone its marketing strategy "to entertain fewer fans at higher ticket prices until owning an NHL franchise becomes America's best way to reduce taxable income and keep your name out of the papers."

Bluerauder
02-15-2005, 12:25 PM
(2005-02-15) -- The National Hockey League, on the verge of canceling the season over a salary dispute with the player's union, announced that negotiations would end today with a "bare-knuckle fistfight between the lawyers."
Now that is something that might be worth watching on Pay-per-View. :D

Dr Caleb
02-15-2005, 12:37 PM
That would be an event. Almost as good as 'Celebrity Deathmatch' ;)

I really can't get over these guys, whining over a couple million per year. So they play in europe for a few hundred thousand per year, and take jobs away from the guys who couldn't make it in the NHL. I suppose, if they want sympathy, they can look in the dictionary between '****' and 'syphilis'.

Now these guys know what hockey is about:

http://www.cbc.ca/storyview/AOL/canada/national/2005/02/13/hockey-game050213.html

The goalie lost most of a finger before the pucked dropped (4 days ago!) and still kept on playing! They'll be playing till Monday night.

Dr Caleb
02-17-2005, 09:29 AM
Well. The season is done. And I found a funny video to go with the end.

http://www.cbc.ca/mondayreport/backissues.html

Go there, under the week of January 31, 2005 and click on "What the hell happened to Hockey".

Deathmatch it is!!

hitchhiker
02-17-2005, 10:16 AM

Gary Bettman, the attorney who serves as NHL commissioner and Bob Goodenow, a lawyer and executive director of the player's union, will "throw down the gloves" at an arena yet to be named. Tickets for the event have already sold out.

If Mr. Bettman wins, the NHL imposes a salary cap at 55 percent of revenues. If Mr. Goodenow wins, the players receive a 24-percent pay cut, but avoid a revenue-based cap.

The winner of the fight will be determined by the league dentist, who, incidentally, is the NHL's highest paid employee.

No matter who wins, the NHL will continue to hone its marketing strategy "to entertain fewer fans at higher ticket prices until owning an NHL franchise becomes America's best way to reduce taxable income and keep your name out of the papers."

The players and their union should form a new league to replace the NHL.

The owners are *********s.

Regards,

David

dwasson
02-17-2005, 10:29 AM
The players and their union should form a new league to replace the NHL.

If they did the players union would soon find themselves as owners and have to make the same hard choices.

MarauderMark
02-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Dem fargin ice holes needed to getta to gether :argue: oudder wise maybe no fargin sunuma bastage hockey nexta yearad eveah.. :mad2: :mad2:

prchrman
02-17-2005, 11:11 AM
hockey...the name says it all...willie

Patrick
02-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Well. The season is done. And I found a funny video to go with the end.

http://www.cbc.ca/mondayreport/backissues.html

Go there, under the week of January 31, 2005 and click on "What the hell happened to Hockey".

Deathmatch it is!!

I liked the part about shooting rats at the dump!!!!

Dr Caleb
02-17-2005, 12:20 PM
I liked the part about shooting rats at the dump!!!!

And I think Willie would agree with you! Gary Bettman just doesn't get it :(

Bobby Clobber
02-17-2005, 12:46 PM
God bless all their greedy little hearts. Isn't there a parable somewhere about a Golden Goose? Ah well , the world needs more car salespersons anyway, especially for those new insipid Ford products. :beer: