PDA

View Full Version : A little life still left in the Panther?

Macon Marauder
02-16-2005, 12:39 PM
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/Business/2005/02/09/924824-sun.html

From the end of the article:
"In 2006, a $100-million US investment will see changes to the cars' grilles, bumpers and front ends.

In 2008, another $200 million US will be spent on a more extensive redesign, MacDonald said."

Mad4Macs
02-16-2005, 12:53 PM
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/Business/2005/02/09/924824-sun.html

"In 2006, a $100-million US investment will see changes to the cars' grilles, bumpers and front ends.

In 2008, another $200 million US will be spent on a more extensive redesign, MacDonald said."

I'll redesign the grille, bumper and front end for $50 million. Hell, I'll just "borrow" the SEMA Marauder! :D

Mike Poore
02-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Boy, all that stuff they said about the Marauder sure caught my attention.:depress:

BK_GrandMarquis
02-17-2005, 08:51 AM
I'll redesign the grille, bumper and front end for $50 million. Hell, I'll just "borrow" the SEMA Marauder! :D
Yeah, save some time for me too!!! I love the look of that car. :coolman:

Bowman9
03-05-2005, 04:39 PM
If ford redesigns the front and rear of the Crown Vic for the 2006 model year.
And if it does look "cool" say like the Sema Triliogy Marauder would you buy the parts for the converstion???

Mike Poore
03-07-2005, 06:45 AM

Y'know, I've often wondered why the SVT guys have not taken a look at the Crown Vic. Think about it. There's not much left. They did the Contour and the Focus, even though the Focus was likely a marketing gimmick since they sold 'em at non SVT dealerships, but why not the CV? The Lightning's history, so they say, I mean, where else can they turn? Picture this: an SVT 500. :rofl:

The big question is: will the Panther platform stand up to a supercharged 5.4? Of course, with Coletti gone ...:dunno:

MENINBLK
03-07-2005, 08:07 AM
The big question is: will the Panther platform stand up to a supercharged 5.4? Of course, with Coletti gone ...:dunno:

The Panther is the ONLY RWD vehicle that is still built utilizing Body on Frame construction.
If this construction method continues, you can put just about any engine/tranny combo you want in it.
The only mods you would need to make would be to the firewall and floor to accommodate any additional room/height issues...

Bobby Clobber
03-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Too funny, I went to the site to read the article from The London "FREE" Press and they want $10 to view the entire article.

Must be one hell of a story. :beer:

Vortex
03-07-2005, 04:39 PM
I think they ought to just build a monster pushrod V-8 and stuff it in a stripped CV. Doesnt Ford already sell big crate motors? Bet they would be a good seller.

Geo
03-08-2005, 04:00 AM
I think they ought to just build a monster pushrod V-8 and stuff it in a stripped CV. Doesnt Ford already sell big crate motors? Bet they would be a good seller.

Yes, speaking of new motors. Has anyone found out anything new about that 6.2L Hurricane V8 that is coming to the Ford truck line? Will it be a pushrod motor? Ford should make something to counter Chrysler's 5.7/6.1 pushrods and GM's 5.7/6.0 pushrods.

That motor should be in the Crown Vic/Town Car!

I hope it is based on the Windsor as Chrysler's Hemi is based on the LA-series Chrysler smallblock which started in 1964 and was the "light" version of the A-series 1950's Plymouth block.

Steve Saleen uses a 7.0L V8 in the S7. I do believe that is a pushrod motor and if so likely based on the Windsor 5.8.

G

Macon Marauder
03-08-2005, 06:04 AM
Yes, speaking of new motors. Has anyone found out anything new about that 6.2L Hurricane V8 that is coming to the Ford truck line? Will it be a pushrod motor? Ford should make something to counter Chrysler's 5.7/6.1 pushrods and GM's 5.7/6.0 pushrods.

That motor should be in the Crown Vic/Town Car!

I hope it is based on the Windsor as Chrysler's Hemi is based on the LA-series Chrysler smallblock which started in 1964 and was the "light" version of the A-series 1950's Plymouth block.

Steve Saleen uses a 7.0L V8 in the S7. I do believe that is a pushrod motor and if so likely based on the Windsor 5.8.

G

I read somewhere that Ford had killed the Hurricane so they can use the money for their bread and butter V-6s...
:(

Silver_04
03-09-2005, 07:33 AM

300 million total investment - doesn't sound like they are going to re-engineer the car to be FWD...thank goodness.

Has anyone seen that small interview with Han Thai-Tang, Coletti's replacement at SVT, in the latest issue of Road and Track? He talks about how SVT is indeed going to grow it's lineup and reach into other divisions. He actually specifically mentions the Marauder..nothing about a future one, but at least he knows what the car is. Hopefully this is all a good sign for the Panther. They are going to have to do something quick with the new Caddys and Dodges/Chryslers coming out with big numbers.