TheDealer
02-22-2005, 07:47 AM
Just came in. Be the first to own one.

TheDealer
02-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Marty, that would look good towing your car to the track!!!! :cool:

GodOSpeed
02-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh thats a truck eh. I was hoping that they were going to throw out another classy 2 door. (Lincoln just sent me some of the usual FOMOCO parphernalia the other day with a Town Car brochure.)

HwyCruiser
02-22-2005, 11:40 AM
American Chopper just had a few episodes on the theme bike they built "inspired" by the Mark LT.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2005-Lincoln-Mark-LT-Chopper-Orange-County-Choppers.htm

Lincoln gave the keys to an LT to "Jr" and "Sr" to take a spin on the test track... and they proceeded to beat the snot out of it.

I'd take one of both. :D

bryanknie
02-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Thats nice!!!!!!

Too bad I just bought a new Town Car on Sunday. If I saw that on the lot I may have bought it. I did not know something like this was coming, as I thought the Blackwood was a bust and they would not do anything else like it.

This one looks a whole lot nicer than the Blackwood.

Bryan

TheDealer
02-22-2005, 01:27 PM
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/85/mark_lt_and_jr_2.700.jpg

bryanknie
02-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Sweeeeeet Truck!

Out of curiosity. What are you getting for it or trying to get for it?

What is the sticker?

Bryan

Fourth Horseman
02-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Thats nice!!!!!!

Too bad I just bought a new Town Car on Sunday. If I saw that on the lot I may have bought it. I did not know something like this was coming, as I thought the Blackwood was a bust and they would not do anything else like it.

This one looks a whole lot nicer than the Blackwood.

Bryan

I don't know. I'd take a new Towncar over a luxury truck (I have to restrain myself from laughing every time I say that). Got any pics of your new ride?

TheDealer
02-22-2005, 02:06 PM
$39,999,00 is base price. The one we got is 47K.

bryanknie
02-22-2005, 02:28 PM
I don't know. I'd take a new Towncar over a luxury truck (I have to restrain myself from laughing every time I say that). Got any pics of your new ride?

No pics, just a dime a dozen Towncar which will be a daily beater like my MM was. The MM was more special as I got lots of thumbs up from old and young alike.

bryanknie
02-22-2005, 02:38 PM
$39,999,00 is base price. The one we got is 47K.

Right in line with the price of a new Towncar, Im sure it will hit the market with us 40 something guys who buy in that range. Should have waited another week or so and I would have saw one in S FL, anyhow I am happy with my new ride. I will swap again in 2 years. I never lease as I am in sales and log lots of miles, basicaly I lease to myself as I always like to drive a fresh car.

This is my 4th TC and my wife always says they are a 60+ year old's car. She liked the MM because it was not as "old" 18 more years and 9 cars, I will be the 60 year old.

What is the sales strategy, I am sure you guys will hold firm on the sticker price or ask a premium on the first dozen or so trucks or do you blow them out to get it on the street?

I checked it out on the web site, very sweet indeed

martyo
02-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Can you photshop a picture of my car onto that trailer? :D

wchain
02-22-2005, 02:53 PM
American Chopper just had a few episodes on the theme bike they built "inspired" by the Mark LT.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2005-Lincoln-Mark-LT-Chopper-Orange-County-Choppers.htm

Lincoln gave the keys to an LT to "Jr" and "Sr" to take a spin on the test track... and they proceeded to beat the snot out of it.

I'd take one of both. :D

I saw that last night!!! The way that thing was spinning so slow, they need a blower or something on it.......

wchain
02-22-2005, 03:08 PM

When did they start making them right hand drive and with exhaust on the left side? :D

TheDealer
02-22-2005, 03:20 PM
When I get a chance I'll give it a shot.

TheDealer
02-22-2005, 04:33 PM
When did they start making them right hand drive and with exhaust on the left side? :D
When I revered it to hook it up to the trailer!!!! LOL :bigcry:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16230

Fourth Horseman
02-22-2005, 04:47 PM
No pics, just a dime a dozen Towncar which will be a daily beater like my MM was. The MM was more special as I got lots of thumbs up from old and young alike.

Wish I was rich enough to buy new Town Cars, act all bored with it and say they were a dime a dozen. :rolleyes: In my book that's a sweet ride.

Bigdogjim
02-22-2005, 04:49 PM
I hope this one does better than the Blackwood:confused:

Still it's a lot of money for a F-150 re-badged

MERCMAN
02-22-2005, 05:46 PM
The Blackwood was a hell of a nice looking truck,, IMHO, could not confuse it with an F150. However, I may be a bit jaded since I am buying a Blackwood :)

bryanknie
02-23-2005, 05:48 AM
Wish I was rich enough to buy new Town Cars, act all bored with it and say they were a dime a dozen. :rolleyes: In my book that's a sweet ride.

Sweet ride is correct, however they are all over the place and not as "original" as the MM. How many TC's do you see at meets? Starting to wonder why I traded it in. Drooled when I saw one going down the road yesterday, I forgot I did not own one any more, I sped up to get a look and gave him a nod like I was driving mine MM, the guy must have thought I was crazy.

Went by the dealer yesterday to pick up my Sun Pass that I forgot and mine was not there. Dealer sold it yesterday, only 24 hours on the lot! :(

HwyCruiser
02-23-2005, 05:13 PM
I saw a Mark LT on my dealer's lot w/ a SOLD sticker today. It wasn't there yesterday so it was either an order or someone snapped it up pretty quick.

Really sharp looking black. I think the grill and door handle treatments look great. If Lincoln can rebadge the Escape, why not the F-150?

TheDealer
02-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Dealers can't order stock units yet, only customer orders, so everyone you see is sold.

CBT
02-23-2005, 07:43 PM
I like the bike better.