PDA

View Full Version : MM Member BUSTED for Police Impersonating!!

Katmandu
02-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Read it for yourself here.....

http://www.crownvic.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11626&page=2&pp=20

Petrograde
02-25-2005, 05:40 PM
http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0225/4232805.jpg
wow,.. what's Scotty doing off the Enterprise?

:P

TAF
02-25-2005, 06:04 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:Can someone please tell me the best way to get Diet Coke out from between the keys on my keyboard.....

:lol::lol::lol:

CrazyCor15
02-25-2005, 06:16 PM
lay it upside down maybe.... ?:cool4:

Katmandu
02-25-2005, 06:19 PM
OMG !

Some just posted this video!!!

http://nbc4.feedroom.com/iframeset.jsp?ord=239643

Petrograde
02-25-2005, 06:30 PM
So,.. they're saying that our very own "Sheriff" is wrapped up in this?
hmm,... I guess we'll see.

..Todd,.. sorry about the Diet Coke all over your keyboard. It was reckless of me to make that post without thinking about the consequences. It was only meant to be in good fun,.. I was bored so I thought I'd pull you ov.... er,.. I mean uh,.. I should've thought it through first.

:rofl: :P

CrazyCor15
02-25-2005, 06:33 PM
So,.. they're saying that our very own "Sheriff" is wrapped up in this?
hmm,... I guess we'll see.

:rofl: :P
It's gotten pretty interesting with the newscast that was posted...

Paul T. Casey
02-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Well now, the worm has turned! Can you get busted for impersonating a Marauder owner?

TAF
02-25-2005, 06:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dang it Paul!!! More DC on the keyboard.

Paul T. Casey
02-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Sorry Todd, anyone know a good doctor? I have a severely strained laugh muscle, and very sore grin glands.

Bluerauder
02-25-2005, 06:53 PM
OMG !

Some just posted this video!!!

http://nbc4.feedroom.com/iframeset.jsp?ord=239643
Texas, Arizona, Ohio, Rhode Island ..... everyone see's this first. Heck, I live in Virginia right down the road and have to find things out here. :D

BigMerc
02-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Well "sheriff" is a well known piece of garbage from many boards. and I am laughing so hard its unbelievable, he was canned as a bailiff, and had plates that said "sheriff" doesnt take to much to figure out who has a "cop complex".

well at least he'll get his now, I hate the impersonators especially the guys who act like they are detecting other fake cops. what a guy, hope he gets a good cell mate who like star trek Scotty look a likes.

Donny Carlson
02-25-2005, 06:58 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12596

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/843/fox.jpg

Say... anybody seen Duncan post on here lately? He usually put Sheriff in his place, iirc.

TAF
02-25-2005, 07:07 PM
Y'all are killin' me.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fox Hunting............ as in chasing women. :dogrun:http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0225/4232805.jpg

BigMerc
02-25-2005, 07:07 PM
guess that blue crown vic from his sig should be forwarded, so all the traffic stops he did, the drivers can ID the car!!!

when you say MM member arrested I really never regarded him as one of us as he lied and never had a marauder. he just came here to start trouble.

the high admin presence made it difficult, so he went somewhere else.

Petrograde
02-25-2005, 07:16 PM
:rofl: yup,... quite the 'lady killer' :P

Mikeenh
02-25-2005, 07:34 PM
I guess I now can un-block "sheriff" from my profile. Don't think he'll be posting here again. YAAAAAY

jgc61sr2002
02-25-2005, 07:40 PM
If in fact it is SHERRIF he always had a negative opinion of Police. IMO

MarauderMark
02-25-2005, 08:08 PM
He seemed like a nice enough guy to me ..even gave me a police interceptor sticker for free..Wow sure make ya think...

http://grandmarq.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230&sid=0bee6d2ccea61d076df3a501d0 f69a9a---If you belong here you can read it

SHERIFF
Administrator

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:14 pm Post subject: I HATE EVERYBODY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's right. I hate everybody. No exceptions.

Bigdogjim
02-25-2005, 08:10 PM
So why do they single us as because he posted here?

Hell he posted everywhere till he got tossed:rofl:

wchain
02-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Hes been around in crownvic.net, crownvic.org (dead) and crownvic.us
During the time I have been on, He has owned, a 00,01,02,03 CVPIs, a A Marauder, Z06 Vette, Caddy Devilles, etc.

When I saw him register here, I was a little concerned, but seems like the mods have done a good job of keeping him at bay.

He has a long history of issues with the law, ever wonder why he's no longer a LEO?

the_pack_rat
02-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Geez,

The last time a thread got this much attention ...

It was about someone getting a boob job(that she sure as hell didn't need mind you ;) ).

:lol:

GordonB
02-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Suggestion,
If and when the dust settles on this one, the Mods should discuss banning this guy or his likeness for life -- if what is purported to have happened, turns out to be true, get him outa here. There is sucha thing as Guilt By Association. I for one do not want to be connected with him in any way.
Just my 2 cents worth!
GordonB

martyo
02-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Well, I know for a fact that Steven Shifflett, the guy in the news story is the guy on here. I sent him a letter to his house once and I just checked and everything lines up. Yep, its the same guy in the news story.

Good grief.

David Morton
02-25-2005, 09:27 PM
The sawed-off shotgun charge is probably his biggest problem now. That one's a Federal Firearms violation not unlike posessing automatic weapons. 10 years and $10,000 each item, last time I looked. I'd have to check the Virginia State statutes to see what the state charge for impersonating a police officer is. My personal opinion is that it should be a capital crime as it is goes to the very core of what makes any free society work well, absolute faith in the law enforcement officer.

Whacko's with lights on their cars pulling people over are obviously very dangerous people. Under certain circumstances, like in conjunction with an armed robbery or rape, I wouldn't have a problem with somebody getting the death penalty for that one.

TAF
02-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Well, I know for a fact that Steve Shefflet, the guy in the news story is the guy on here. I sent him a letter to his house once and I just checked and everything lines up. Yep, its the same guy in the news story.

Good grief.
A letter? Pen pals?

the laughs just keep on comin' :lol: :lol: :lol:

martyo
02-25-2005, 09:32 PM
A letter? Pen pals?

the laughs just keep on comin' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, if I am judged by the company I keep lately I am scewed.

MI2QWK4U
02-25-2005, 10:13 PM

Well Marty.....He will need a good lawyer....Kind of makes one think about that scene from Trading Places, you remember...eddie murphy, dan ackroyd... when Eddie is arrested in the social club, and he ask them if there is a lawyer in the house!

And I dont think it will be you thats screwed....maybe with any luck the federal firearm violation will land him in a nice cozy cell with someone that he put there when he was a cop! Im sure there will be plenty of luvin goin on in that cell! Maybe we can take up a collection for cigarettes, I hear they are still traded for whoopee in the slammer. We can send them to Sheriffs new cellmate in exchange for keeping him warm!

I guess it couldnt happen to a better piece of shat.

MI2QWK4U
02-25-2005, 10:47 PM
Those Vic guys are brutal!

http://tinypic.com/1xz89f

At least they are trying to help out, they thought he might be able to use this in prison...

Ooops...this just in to the vic site as well!

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/13734/sheriffcream.jpg

Two Hawks
02-25-2005, 11:14 PM
.....the laughs just keep on comin' :lol: :lol: :lol: and comin' :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

woaface
02-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Uh....wow.

Joe Walsh
02-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Those Vic guys are brutal!

http://tinypic.com/1xz89f

At least they are trying to help out, they thought he might be able to use this in prison...

Ooops...this just in to the vic site as well!

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/13734/sheriffcream.jpg

LMFAO!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You forgot to include "Soap on a Rope" for those tricky prison showers!

Two Hawks
02-25-2005, 11:50 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LMFAO!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You forgot to include "Soap on a Rope" for those tricky prison showers!

Brutus
02-26-2005, 02:59 AM
guess that blue crown vic from his sig should be forwarded, so all the traffic stops he did, the drivers can ID the car!!!

when you say MM member arrested I really never regarded him as one of us as he lied and never had a marauder. he just came here to start trouble.

the high admin presence made it difficult, so he went somewhere else.Didnt he post on here awhile back that his CV was for sale??

Brutus
02-26-2005, 03:05 AM
Oh yea, here it is

http://www.mercurymarauder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12246

Katmandu
02-26-2005, 05:00 AM
when you say MM member arrested I really never regarded him as one of us as he lied and never had a marauder.

he just came here to start trouble.
So it was a BIG LIE after all and he NEVER owned a MM. :shake: Very interesting..... :cool4:

O's Fan Rich
02-26-2005, 06:31 AM
I don't care who you are, that's just funny right there.
:burnout:

MarauderMark
02-26-2005, 07:52 AM
So it was a BIG LIE after all and he NEVER owned a MM. :shake: Very interesting..... :cool4:

This is in his sig..

CBT
02-26-2005, 07:55 AM
What a butt-nut.

MM03MOK
02-26-2005, 08:22 AM
The PhotoPhleet!!

UAW 588
02-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Good bye, and good riddance. What a complete nincompoop!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

I'm sure he has or will meet alot of nice people in jail. By his picture he looks like he will make a fine Prison Bit*h. I'm glad this bozo was caught and taken off the streets. I just hope if he ever gets out, he has the good sense to stay off this site. :banned:

UAW 588
02-26-2005, 10:27 AM
What a butt-nut.
Where he's going, they are certain people who welcome BUTT-nuts. :lol:

ModMech
02-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Ahh, ****lips gets what he so richly deserves.

He has trashed more websites than modern man can count.

I wonder how he'll like the "pokey".

Steve, your ass handed to you on a silver platter.

LOL!

Gunslinger
02-26-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm reading his add for the CV...

"The car is pretty well loaded...... 140 certified speedometer, power windows, power door locks, power mirrors both doors, cruise control, 6 way power driver's seat, cloth bucket seats, 2 rear seats 1 vinyl and 1 cloth, both like new and both included with in the sale of this car, power trunk button on door and dashboard, locking gas filler door, rear window defroster, tinted windows all around (35%). The driver's seat and passenger's seat has always been covered with towels, they are just like new. It currently has a AM/FM/CD in it. But also included is the original AM/FM/Casette unit (new), and the standard AM/FM police package radio (new).
This is probably one of the lowest mileage and nicest used Crown Victoria Police Interceptors in civilian hands in America, if not the nicest! Up until now I have simply refused to list it on eBaY. People think they will walk away with a car like this for $4,000 or $5,000. Just like they would expect some of you to sell a 2 year old Marauder with 15,000 miles on it for $10,000.
I would let the car go for $11,500. I would not entertain offers of less. Which as I said above includes the extra wheels and tires, extra rear seat (new), and all the AM/FM/Casette/CD radio combinations listed above. The sale will also include a new spare chrome grill. I bought it and never installed it. The sale will also include the original 2001 deluxe wheel covers, which are still just like new as well.
For a daily driver, to keep mileage and bad weather off your Marauders, this would be an excellent investment as a daily driver."

Nothing about a flashing blue light. Guess hes holding on to that one.

Katmandu
02-26-2005, 01:08 PM
MUST READ Steve's diagnosis!

http://changingminds.org/explanations/behaviors/coping/reaction_formation.htm

DEFYANT
02-26-2005, 01:12 PM
That SOB gives people like me a bad name. Mr. Shifflet if you ever read this I would like you to know that I think you are a POS. Yes I know this is an inflamatory post, MODs I'm sorry but this opportunity doesn't present itself often..

You are a loser. A wanna be. A bad copy of a bad copy... blured and distorted. You are a criminal and should be prosecuted without leniency. I never thought much of your POS posts on any of the listed sites. You trashed LEOs. Now your trashed! Good! Rot! It is true, what comes around, goes around. I hearby remove the screen name "Sheriff" from you, you have no right to it. Infact... you are an impersonator on the net.

As a REAL LEO, I would like this information as part of my investigation into such conduct.... perhaps the REAL LEO will get tipped off as to your internet activities.

P.S. Tell bubba we say hello. MAKE'EM BLEED BUBBA!!!

Katmandu
02-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Here's a post from CVN, where VT ADMITS he does drive a DARK BLUE street appearance package Vic
--->> CLICK HERE <<--- (http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=632845&Forum=All_Forums&Words=virginia%20trooper&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=632577&Search=true#Post632845)

Here's a DIRECT QUOTE from that thread below......

I would like to know how he knows I drive a dark blue street appearance package though.

Katmandu
02-26-2005, 01:23 PM
http://images7.fotki.com/v157/photos/1/15012/126030/sheriff-vi.jpg

http://images7.fotki.com/v157/photos/1/15012/126030/sheriff2-vi.jpg

Krytin
02-26-2005, 01:51 PM
That SOB gives people like me a bad name. Mr. Shifflet if you ever read this I would like you to know that I think you are a POS. Yes I know this is an inflamatory post, MODs I'm sorry but this opportunity doesn't present itself often..

You are a loser. A wanna be. A bad copy of a bad copy... blured and distorted. You are a criminal and should be prosecuted without leniency. I never thought much of your POS posts on any of the listed sites. You trashed LEOs. Now your trashed! Good! Rot! It is true, what comes around, goes around. I hearby remove the screen name "Sheriff" from you, you have no right to it. Infact... you are an impersonator on the net.

As a REAL LEO, I would like this information as part of my investigation into such conduct.... perhaps the REAL LEO will get tipped off as to your internet activities.

P.S. Tell bubba we say hello. MAKE'EM BLEED BUBBA!!! Ok, why don't you tell us what you REALLY think! Don't hold back!
That was a good one! LOL

Brutus
02-26-2005, 03:47 PM

P.S. Tell bubba we say hello. MAKE'EM BLEED BUBBA!!!
I agree! I hope when he gets out of jail he needs a Hambone to shim his *********

Katmandu
02-26-2005, 07:08 PM
And yet another News media release......
http://207.192.134.164/cmo/pressrel6.nsf/0/6f404d84c1f40f8c85256fb3005dff f5?OpenDocument

Bigdogjim
02-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Does that mean you will not be at Hooters March 13:rofl:

GordonB
02-26-2005, 08:28 PM
I suggest we close this thread and toast each other to one scumbag now gone from here. Good riddence and PLS don't let him back.

Now we can return to our regularly scheduled programming!!!

So, when does Spring arrive in the Mis-Atlantic? Anyone know for sure? My DTR MM needs a bath AGAIN and we are expecting SNOW tomorrow night AGAIN!!! Wah Wah Wah, rant, rant!!!!!

Now us civilized people can go back to being nice to each other!!!

GordonB

David Morton
02-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Hear here.

FiveO
02-27-2005, 01:49 AM
I just like the fact that he's a Republican ;) :D and going to jail!!

I hope he gets some help. If its true...Its a sad story.

FiveO
02-27-2005, 01:54 AM
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/843/cvosig5.jpg

Check the image source: www.mustangmods.com

:lol:

Hack Goby
02-27-2005, 08:58 AM
I suggest we close this thread and toast each other to one scumbag now gone from here.
I agree with Gordon that its time to shut down this thread.He never owned a Marauder anyway so to me its not worth talking about.

DEFYANT
02-27-2005, 09:09 AM
I agree with Gordon that its time to shut down this thread.He never owned a Marauder anyway so to me its not worth talking about.I second the motion! Lock it up like shifflet and throw it away! :mad:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16334 <--- Thread gone. :( :banned:

SHERIFF
02-27-2005, 01:15 PM
I guess I now can un-block "sheriff" from my profile. Don't think he'll be posting here again. YAAAAAY

Why would you think that?

SHERIFF
02-27-2005, 01:20 PM
So why do they single us as because he posted here?

Because no other forum has allowed Katmundo disrupt their forum with this garbage. His home base www.crownvic.net shut him up real quick. :D

You guys have given him an audience.

SHERIFF
02-27-2005, 01:22 PM
The sawed-off shotgun charge is probably his biggest problem now. That one's a Federal Firearms violation not unlike posessing automatic weapons. 10 years and $10,000 each item, last time I looked.

WTF are you talking about? That is 10 year old news. The officers were wrong, and they were sued. They settled out of court as soon as the judge set a jury trial date.

woaface
02-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Hahahahahahaha...

Petrograde
02-27-2005, 01:43 PM
I was hoping you would show up here Sheriff... Care to comment about these charges?

..I realize this is a pending case, and you probably won't/can't say too much.

I'm just curious.

SHERIFF
02-27-2005, 01:47 PM
..I realize this is a pending case, and you probably won't/can't say too much.

You are correct.

MarauderMark
02-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey Sheriff .Good to hear from ya as it's been a while...

Hack Goby
02-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Well I guess NOBODY is going to stop this thread so I will be moving on to better things.

FiveO
02-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Well I guess NOBODY is going to stop this thread so I will be moving on to better things.

Yup.

Let the man be judged....then we can rant...whichever way it goes.

Hack Goby
02-27-2005, 05:13 PM
The man dont even own a Marauder so why are we still wasting bandwidth on him.

ModMech
02-27-2005, 06:01 PM
A few things guys.

This troll has more usernames on the sites he registers with than anyone can keep track of. Just ask Mr. Lane of BON.

I do not believe he knows what the truth about anything really is.

He does in fact own numerous MMs, they are ALL however, .jpg versions.

bigslim
02-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Do you think he owns that Cadillac or do you think he photoshoped that plate on the back? :rolleyes:

DEFYANT
02-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Delete him!

He probably has more than one screen name or account on these sites. Can the site bosses figure these "trolls" out?

Rider90
02-27-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't care much how this case turns out, all I want to say is..

Smooth Move Sheriff! :rolleyes:
So much for calling the CVN crowd impersonators. I think it is great that this news article will be posted every time you flame someone else.

Brutus
02-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Do you think he owns that Cadillac or do you think he photoshoped that plate on the back? :rolleyes:

I definately think he photoshopped the plate!!;)

DEFYANT
02-27-2005, 07:34 PM
That was a fantasy plate he created in his warpped brain. There is a link to a thread on CV.net,.org,.com where ever. He photoshopped a VA plate with "SHERIFF" and asked if anyone thought the state would issue it to him.

EDIT: The link is to this site and is on page one of this thread.

Tallboy
02-27-2005, 07:42 PM
I definately think he photoshopped the plate!!;)
Brutus-click on the link in your post [#35} and you see the "SHERIFF" plate on the wall in the reflection off the roof...

DEFYANT
02-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Brutus-click on the link in your post [#35} and you see the "SHERIFF" plate on the wall in the reflection off the roof...
I guess nowadays you can get a plate made up anyway you want.

SHERIFF
02-27-2005, 08:58 PM
There is a link to a thread on CV.net,.org,.com where ever. He photoshopped a VA plate with "SHERIFF" and asked if anyone thought the state would issue it to him.

You're making up this stuff as you along, right? Show us the link.

BlackHole
02-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Wow this is getting mighty interisting.

LimoMerc
02-27-2005, 09:33 PM
:shake: This just really creeps me out. Can we just discuss nitrous???

DEFYANT
02-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Mr. Shifflett

Are you a law enforcement officer?

LimoMerc
02-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Defyant,

I just noticed that our signitures are almost identical and wanted

you (and everyone else) to know that it I am not trying to impersonate you.:D

bigslim
02-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Shifty Shifflet. That sounds pretty good. Maybe you can get job at the mall playing Scotty from Star Trek. That is who you should have impersonating. ;)

DEFYANT
02-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Haha, no problemo. I have a plaque in the garage that says "Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly"

In some cases, impersonantion is the highest form of flattery.

teamrope
02-27-2005, 11:04 PM
6 pages and growing..... :popcorn:

RCSignals
02-27-2005, 11:36 PM
The man dont even own a Marauder so why are we still wasting bandwidth on him.

Neither does Katmandu. Unless things have changed, BigMerc doesn't either

RCSignals
02-27-2005, 11:44 PM
If you read the posts on BON that Katmandu linked to, objectively and without BIAs, You'll see some interesting items.

There is only one "witnwess" a supposed "retired" Police Officer.
The location of this incident at O dark thirty was I think something like over 100 miles from where "Sheriff" lives.

It took two months from the time of this "incident" to the time an arrest was made, even though they apparently had the license plate number of the car that pulled the other over. "Sheriff's" car is light blue, not dark blue.

Statements are being made now which seem back pedalling, after claiming Sheriff cahnges his appearance, saying the "Sheriff" does not meet the description of another supposed active Police Impersonator.

The outcome of this is going to be very interesting. Someone may be setting themselves up for big lawsuit.

BigMerc
02-28-2005, 05:10 AM
Quote" Neither does Katmandu. Unless things have changed, BigMerc doesn't either"

Uhhh I have had one since June 2002.... if you look at Reinharts section, he uses my motor to advertise, thats mine with all the powdercoating.

I forgot one thing, you say "he doesn't match the other cases" who cares, he sure matches this case....Yahtzee!!!!

End result he's garbage and got caught he's only going to get probation, so no big deal there it just the person who has puroported himself for years as someone he is not, got caught...

martyo
02-28-2005, 05:31 AM
I will trade someone some of my popcorn if they have Sno Caps.

Bradley G
02-28-2005, 05:43 AM
How about Ju Ju bies?
Bradley G

martyo
02-28-2005, 05:48 AM
How about Ju Ju bies?
Bradley G

Nope, they pull my fillings. Got any Skittles?

the_pack_rat
02-28-2005, 05:54 AM

No, but I have some caffe latte.

Oh damn ...

Well I DID.

:fire: :drink: :fire:

Yow ...

Anybody seen the Maestro ?.

:bigcry: :help: :bigcry:

I keep leaving messages with Jackie's secretary & he won't call me back ...

We might have to talk.

Giddyup.

Bradley G
02-28-2005, 05:56 AM
Tropical OK ?

Bradley G

Nope, they pull my fillings. Got any Skittles?

martyo
02-28-2005, 06:16 AM
Tropical OK ?

Bradley G

Works for me! I also like Mentos and might make a swap for some of them too.

FiveO
02-28-2005, 06:23 AM
You're making up this stuff as you along, right? Show us the link.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/4338/kuhmo104.jpg

SHERIFF is not the plate on the car.

Any state that issues POLICE or SHERIFF as a plate would have problems.

wchain
02-28-2005, 07:22 AM

I got some Twizzlers and Whoppers....

Katmandu
02-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Mr. Shifflett

Are you a law enforcement officer?

FIRED L.E.O.

Email This Story

Former city deputy charged
Accused of impersonating police officer in Alexandria

By Olympia Meola / Daily Progress staff writer
February 26, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A former Charlottesville sheriff’s deputy dismissed in 1996 for falling asleep on the job has been accused of impersonating a police officer in Alexandria.

Steven Wayne Shifflett, 51, was charged with a misdemeanor in the incident, the second time he has been accused of the offense. He was acquitted of a 1997 impersonation charge after it was determined he was an inactive deputy in Greene County. He was subsequently acquitted of stealing a police radio and of stalking an Albemarle County police officer.

Shifflett maintains he is not guilty of the latest charge as well, saying his car does not match the one spotted in Alexandria and that he had nothing to do with the incident. “I’m totally innocent,” Shifflett said. “It is a mistaken identity. I have never been to Alexandria in my life.”

Police there allege that Shifflett, posing as an officer, stopped a motorist, asked him to exit his car and questioned him. The motorist, a 61-year-old retired police officer, was told he was speeding when stopped at 5:30 a.m. Dec. 16, according to Alexandria police.

The suspect left in a dark blue Ford Crown Victoria with Virginia license plates FOP-1, the police reported. Shifflett said he owns a Crown Victoria, but that it is light blue and hasn’t been driven in months. He also said that he has never owned an FOP-1 plate.

Capt. John Crawford with the Alexandria police said his office came up with a suspect through investigations and Department of Motor Vehicles information. Alexandria authorities are looking into whether other motorists have been stopped.

A Charlottesville sheriff’s deputy for 22 years, Shifflett was fired in March 1996 for “gross dereliction of duty in the courtroom,” former Sheriff J.W. “Buddy” Rittenhouse Jr. has said. Two judges had told the sheriff that Shifflett would consistently fall asleep in court, including once while guarding a murder suspect, Rittenhouse has said.

Almost a year later, Shifflett was charged with impersonating a police officer after police badges, a sawed-off shotgun and locksmith tools were found in his white Chevrolet Caprice during a traffic stop on U.S. 250 on Pantops.

The charge was dropped when police confirmed he was a sworn deputy in Greene County.

Shifflett was then charged in May 1997 and later acquitted of stealing a police radio found in his home on the night of his arrest. Rittenhouse said it was issued by his department, but never returned when Shifflett left.

In the fall of the next year, Shifflett filed a $750,000 lawsuit against two Albemarle County police officers, claiming he was targeted because of a grudge that officers had against him.

He then expanded the lawsuit, adding three department supervisors and Albemarle County to the defendant list, claiming they participated in a conspiracy against him. The parties reached an undisclosed, out-of-court settlement.

A hearing in the latest case has been set for March 11.

Contact Olympia Meola at (434) 978-7265 or omeola@dailyprogress.com

MERCMAN
02-28-2005, 07:58 AM
enough has been said