PDA

View Full Version : Photos taken of FiveO's rig

Bradley G
02-28-2005, 05:30 AM
I have a memory stick that seems to work fine in my camera,but when you put the memory stick in the computer it shuts the program down with an error message.I have other memory sticks that work in the computer with no problemo.Seems like the memory stick defective?I got it at Christmas, Anyone experience this problem?Is their anything that may have caused it to go bad?
I did not expose it to heat, water, nor did I place it under the Marauder and do a wicked sick burnout on it.
Bradley G

Mike Poore
02-28-2005, 05:36 AM
I have a memory stick that seems to work fine in my camera,but when you put the memory stick in the computer it shuts the program down with an error message.I have other memory sticks that work in the computer with no problemo.Seems like the memory stick defective?I got it at Christmas, Anyone experience this problem?Is their anything that may have caused it to go bad?
I did not expose it to heat, water, nor did I place it under the Marauder and do a wicked sick burnout on it.
Bradley G
First time I've heard of that. Do the pictures it's saved show up OK on the camera's view screen? I'd guess you're talking Sony, and am wondering if there's some sort of weird Sony proprietary software thing going on. They're famous for that y'know. Remember Beta Max? :dunno:

Bradley G
02-28-2005, 05:55 AM
Hey Mike,

Yea its a Sony camera and computer.I see the pictures fine on the camera but when I put the stick into the computer, it loads half of one picture and freezes.Then the Microsoft," we are experienceing an error", closes the program.
I wanted to post some pics for a while now,and this is all new equiptment.
I stayed with all the same Manufacture to minimize this type of thing.
Bradley G
What's Betamax?:lol:

First time I've heard of that. Do the pictures it's saved show up OK on the camera's view screen? I'd guess you're talking Sony, and am wondering if there's some sort of weird Sony proprietary software thing going on. They're famous for that y'know. Remember Beta Max? :dunno:

vpalhories
02-28-2005, 06:09 AM
Bradley G
Bradley,

Have you tried re-formating the memory stick using your camera? I have a Canon digital camera and experienced something similar a while back. I simply went into the menu options on my camera and selected FORMAT as opposed to erasing all pictures. Note ... formatting the memory stick will delete all images.

Hope this helps.

Bradley G
02-28-2005, 06:14 AM
I was going to try this, but I took a few shots of FiveO while he was visiting a few days ago. I would really like to save them first.

Bradley G

Bradley,

Have you tried re-formating the memory stick using your camera? I have a Canon digital camera and experienced something similar a while back. I simply went into the menu options on my camera and selected FORMAT as opposed to erasing all pictures. Note ... formatting the memory stick will delete all images.

Hope this helps.

vpalhories
02-28-2005, 06:26 AM
I was going to try this, but I took a few shots of FiveO while he was visiting a few days ago. I would really like to save them first.

Bradley G
Bradley,

Try this ... insert the memory stick into your computer. Click on the Windows Key and the letter E at the same time. This should bring up an Explorer window. Find your memory stick on the list of drives and double click on it. See if you can copy the .JPG images over to your computer manually and then double click on them to see if they will open.

FiveO
02-28-2005, 06:31 AM
Hope it works out Brad!

:)

Bradley G
02-28-2005, 06:34 AM
I did this and ten windows appeared with the same thing,I closed all but the last one.I double clicked and got the same error message.

Bradley G
Thanks for your reply

Bradley,

Try this ... insert the memory stick into your computer. Click on the Windows Key and the letter E at the same time. This should bring up an Explorer window. Find your memory stick on the list of drives and double click on it. See if you can copy the .JPG images over to your computer manually and then double click on them to see if they will open.

Mike Poore
02-28-2005, 06:42 AM
Hey Mike,What's Betamax?

BetaMax? Funny you should ask. Sony invented VCR tape back in the 60's then came out with proprietary BetaMax format recorder/players to try and sew up the market, and collect huge royalties.

Meanwhile everyone else did an end run with VHS and left 'em standing in the dust, with they're pants down, eating the development costs, and getting screwed out of the profits.

Apple has a long, distinguished carrier out of inventing novel, superior products (Mac) and having nincompoops handling the marketing.

Um, can anyone else think of a major automobile company having made similar marketing blunders? ;)

Bradley G
02-28-2005, 07:18 AM
Sorry Mike, I am aware of beta format.I was funnin ya.

Bradley G
I think I will try putting the stick in another computer and see what happens.

BetaMax? Funny you should ask. Sony invented VCR tape back in the 60's then came out with proprietary BetaMax format recorder/players to try and sew up the market, and collect huge royalties.

Meanwhile everyone else did an end run with VHS and left 'em standing in the dust, with they're pants down, eating the development costs, and getting screwed out of the profits.

Apple has a long, distinguished carrier out of inventing novel, superior products (Mac) and having nincompoops handling the marketing.

Um, can anyone else think of a major automobile company having made similar marketing blunders? ;)

CRUZTAKER
02-28-2005, 01:48 PM
I feel for all those folks buying DVD/RECORDERS that only use +R / +RW media as well.
Another Sony breakthru that I will bet the farm goes by way of the beta max.

Buy -R / -RW DVD Recorders, or don't waste your money.

Sorry...off topic....the Beta maxed me...:P

TechHeavy
02-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Sorry Mike, I am aware of beta format.I was funnin ya.

Bradley G
I think I will try putting the stick in another computer and see what happens.
Bradley, only format the stick as a last resort. I too have a Sony Cybershot camera which uses this media. If the pics are all viewable on your camera, then the problem may not be with the memory stick at all. Try re-installing the Sony software, (on CD) that came with the camera. I'm not sure which software your camera came with but mine is called simply, "Image Transfer".

Bradley G
02-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks guys,

I think it was a program problem cause I viewed them via another software.I sent the pics e-mail to FiveO, hopefully he got them.
Bradley G

vpalhories
02-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys,

I think it was a program problem cause I viewed them via another software.I sent the pics e-mail to FiveO, hopefully he got them.
Bradley G
Glad it worked out. I was going to recommend that you connect the camera to your computer via the cable and try it that way.

Have a good one.

Bradley G
02-28-2005, 03:05 PM
You read my mind !Cause that is exactly what I was going to try next.The drawer of Misc. cords is a mind bender.Glad I was able to avoid it.Thanks for the reply

Bradley G

Glad it worked out. I was going to recommend that you connect the camera to your computer via the cable and try it that way.

Have a good one.

FiveO
02-28-2005, 03:25 PM
I got 'em....and I'll post the pics in an hour or so.

Thanks Brad!

Bradley G
02-28-2005, 03:33 PM
You are more than welcome, my friend!:rock:
Bradley G

I got 'em....and I'll post the pics in an hour or so.

Thanks Brad!

Rider90
02-28-2005, 04:29 PM
So is fiveO near us, Brad?

Bradley G
02-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi Jason!,

No, He is from Minnesota.I caught up with him on his way back from Lidios.
Bradley G

TechHeavy
02-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Glad you didn't lose the pics.... good job! Now, burn them to CD or DVD for safe-keeping, (and put them in your fireproof safe). :D

Bradley G
02-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks Dave!

The safe is on an automated timer,I won't have acess til the security system cycles on thursday:rolleyes: What ??....:P
Bradley G

Petrograde
02-28-2005, 07:27 PM
ok,.. since the memory stick issue has been solved I have to ask this:

How the hell does FiveO have -5 Photos:??? If you look at right have side across from his avatar, you'll see what I'm talking about.

:confused:

FiveO
02-28-2005, 08:30 PM
I went to delete the ones I had it for some reason it wouldn't delete them...so I tried to delete them again...and I got the -5.

I'm hosting all my own photographs on my www.picturetrail.com site.

I'll have these up soon.