PDA

View Full Version : ...serious burn out!

Petrograde
03-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Check out this bad ass burnout! (http://www.pro-touring.com/videos/realburn.wmv)

:burnout: :bows: :banana2:

MarauderMark
03-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Check out this bad ass burnout! (http://www.pro-touring.com/videos/realburn.wmv)

:burnout: :bows: :banana2:

Thats is one Bad a$$ Burnout..The smoke just pours right out effortless.Mustv'e been Billyg driving. 1 Question -Why were his exhaust pipes on fire ? were they suppose to be or did something happen...This is a must see :up:

ncmm
03-01-2005, 04:49 PM
beyond bad. . . :drive: :burn: :woohoo: :rock:

GodOSpeed
03-01-2005, 04:56 PM
That dudes getting after it hard!!!

Bradley G
03-01-2005, 05:00 PM
From dumping unburned fuel? No bleach, no oil ,no water.No artifical Ingredients.
BillyG Don't use no X-tra help.
The driver appears to be on the right hand side?
Is this camera work?
Bradley G

marauderboi
03-01-2005, 05:19 PM
:awe: :flamer: Holy S**T Thats a burnout

ghost03
03-01-2005, 05:27 PM
DAAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNNNNNN That is one serious burnout. I hope evryone had gas masks at the track that day. It makes me want to get in my MM and burn the tires off the rim.

Petrograde
03-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Is this camera work?
Bradley G

No camera trick... the vid is from Austrailia. :P

STLThunder
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
OH - MY - GOD! WOW! If it were in the US the EPA would get him for air pollution.

CBT
03-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Great burnout, man that car looked SHARP.

Joe Walsh
03-01-2005, 07:55 PM
It looked like a Falcon (Ford of Australia)

MAN!!! Did you hear the IDLE on that beast!!! WHUMPA,... WHUMPA,.... WHUMPA!

BillyGman's got some serious competition....another man with absolutley NO regard for his rear tires!! :bows:

woaface
03-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Sounded like an angry wild cougar. AWWWESOME.

jgc61sr2002
03-01-2005, 08:02 PM
No camera trick... the vid is from Austrailia. :P

Holy Cow. WOW. :D I was wondering about the right hand drive.

2003CTMarauder
03-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Awesome, to put that video in one word!

MENINBLK
03-01-2005, 09:38 PM
It looked like a Falcon (Ford of Australia)

It was a Chevy Nova.

Brutus
03-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Great.....I just woke Julie up by cheering that SumBiotch on!!!!!!

Constable
03-01-2005, 09:56 PM
That is freakin cool. Dumb, but cool.

I think the sparks from the wheel hitting ground set the rich exhaust into flame. It's kinda cool how it just kept burning instead of sputtering out. That thing must run RIIIIIIICH...

Bluerauder
03-01-2005, 10:11 PM

From the announcer's brief comment "Fantastic" and the website location ... my guess is that this was filmed in Perth, Australia. :D

Sully008
03-01-2005, 10:19 PM
That was way cool! But BillyG don't need no stinkin' water box... :D :D

BillyGman
03-02-2005, 01:31 AM
Nice video, great burnout action, and a really cool car. Hairy doughnut burnouts are fun to watch, and that guy must have a locker rear end on that car, because doing that type of doughnut burnout with a limited slip differential would be murder on the posi cluthes. Locker rears are the best for that. At first I thought it was a Nova also, but it looks a little bit different than any year Nova than I'm familiar with. It definately wasn't a 67 Nova, and I don't think it was a 69 either. I'm not sure what the 68's looked like though.

But perhaps it was some kinda Aussie Falcon as was previously implied in this thread. The guy obviously had the help of water since you can see it all over the track. If there wasn't water all over the place, then those tires wouldn't have lasted as long as they did, because that car was into some serious RPM's during that video. That was atleast a 6,000 RPM burnout if not a 7,000 RPM one. So there's no way those tires would've lasted that long on dry pavement alone with those kind of RPM's!!!!.

I also noticed that it looked like his left tire was flat at the end, so perhaps it blew out. He looked like he came real close to hitting the wall two times. And I believe that he had some type of artificial set-up for tailpipe propane flames. All in all, it's a nice video though. Thanks Petro. I enjoyed watching that one. :up:

wildman649
03-02-2005, 05:12 AM
there was a argument on another forum regarding him as ruining that car some guys said he was burning the car up some said it was not hard on the car at all i think i like to check the oil in the differencial and transmission:)

Ross
03-02-2005, 08:16 AM
The car looked a lot like an old Chevelle to me.

Patrick
03-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Holy SH**&T!!!!! :bows: :bows:

gonzo50
03-02-2005, 08:25 AM
DAAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNNNNNN !!! That is one serious burnout.

OH - MY - GOD! WOW!

MAN!!! Did you hear the IDLE on that beast!!! WHUMPA,... WHUMPA,.... WHUMPA!:bows:

Holy Cow. WOW. :D

That is freakin cool. Dumb, but cool....

That was way cool!:D
Yes it was...is...all of the above, and then some...."I definitely agree with all of the above" :eek: :rock: :awe: :bows: :2thumbs:

BillyGman
03-02-2005, 11:47 AM
there was a argument on another forum regarding him as ruining that car some guys said he was burning the car up some said it was not hard on the car at all i think i like to check the oil in the differencial and transmission:)It depends on who has tuned the car. If you have a good conservative tune that doesn't bring the air fuel ratio and the ignition timing advance settings to the ragged edge of detonation in search of every last bit of HP, then doing a burnout like that is fine as long as you keep your eye on the tach, and don't over rev it, and as long as you start out with a cold engine that was idled for a half a minute or so, just enough to get all the oil circulating good before the burnout. You want to stay in an RPM range that the bottom end of the engine can handle. But with a supercharged engine, you have to have a good tune so that it doesn't start detonating and pinging during the burnout.

But if your engine is detonating during a burnout, then that's a serious sign of something really wrong, because while you're spinning your tires like that, the engine is not under full load. Even during those wild burnouts that I did with my car in that video of mine, I never had to take the throttle position past the 3/4 mark because your engine isn't under full load like it would be when it's pulling the weight of the car such as during a race.

Remember also that in this video here, the guy had water all over the track, so I'm quite sure that there was hardly any load at all placed on any of the drivetrain. Infact, with burnouts done in water like that, the guy probably never even went past the half throttle point.

MarauderMark
03-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Nice video, great burnout action, and a really cool car. Hairy doughnut burnouts are fun to watch, and that guy must have a locker rear end on that car, because doing that type of doughnut burnout with a limited slip differential would be murder on the posi cluthes. Locker rears are the best for that. :

Good thing you said this I was planning on a video of doing this too..Scratch that idea :up:

BillyGman
03-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Mark, I don't think that I can claim that the posi clutches in a limited slip differential will bite the dust after merely one doughnut burnout session. Especially if the rear end in question has low mileage on it. But to my knowledge it will shorten the life of the posi clutches considerably due to increased wear and tear. Much more so than straight line burnouts.

N40GL
03-03-2005, 08:22 AM
For those tires that gave their lives in the making of this video, we salute you. :bows:

DEFYANT
03-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Im alittle late on this one...

OMFnG!!!! Now that was a burnout! Smoke, donuts, fire and risk of a wreak. And the car didnt crash or appear to get trashed! YES! It lives to burn out again!