PDA

View Full Version : Bow your heads and weep.

Mad4Macs
03-05-2005, 08:11 AM
A moment of silence, please...
The End is nigh for the Mighty Sable, and we shall mourn her passing.
Not!

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0503/05/01-108006.htm

TAF
03-05-2005, 08:15 AM
All Hail the Mighty Sable.....

We can all only aspire to have such a car.....

Note: I think this^^^is the longest running "inside" joke for those of us still kickin' around here :lol:

STLR FN
03-05-2005, 09:11 AM
And to think that's the car my wife wanted to get.:rolleyes: Glad I didn't bump my head on Jan 27th.

blackf0rk
03-05-2005, 09:24 AM
Anyone care to fill a young guy in on this little inside joke? ;)

TAF
03-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Couple of years ago, we had a guy here named Joe Obelcz. He wanted to start a class-action suit against Ford because his Marauder lacked "true muscle power". He said his "wife could beat him off the line with her Sable anyday". Mr. Obelcz was eventually banned...even though he contended the Sable was a MUCH better car....

<TABLE class=tborder id=post7753 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>obelcz (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=398) http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_7753", true); </SCRIPT>

Banned
Member #: 398

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Nov 2002

Posts: 8 http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/misc/im_aim.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=988&highlight=obelcz#)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif Muscle Sedan My Butt!

<HR style="COLOR: #dddddd" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Fellow Marauder Owners:

Do you really love your Marauder? If so, please disregard this posting. However, if your like me, your very disappointed! Actually, I can't believe Ford advertised this car as a "MUSCLE SEDAN", can you? Name another muscle car that can't burn rubber. Never mind, there aren't any! Our Marauders can't even chirp the tires!
I've been a Ford lover all my life, starting with my 63 1/2, V8, Ford Falcon! That is until I shelled out $38,000 cash (after taxes) for this so called Marauder Muscle sedan. I waited over 2 years for this car to come out. What really sold me was watching the smoking burnouts on the Mercury Marauder web site, as well as the giant poster they sent me for my wall. Web site has since been changed, guess they had too many complaints.
Happy New Year
A Fellow Marauder Owner
Joe Obelcz

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CBT
03-05-2005, 09:56 AM
He got banned for that post? Ouch.

Bluerauder
03-05-2005, 10:10 AM
I suspect this post was the beginning of a series of deteriorating rants that ultimately lead to the banning. :rolleyes: But it was before my time .... back in the day. :D

CBT
03-05-2005, 10:59 AM
I guess there will never be a factory supercharged Sable....:)

Mad4Macs
03-05-2005, 02:31 PM
I guess there will never be a factory supercharged Sable....:)

Not so, it's due in 2007 :D

BillyGman
03-05-2005, 02:42 PM
I agree with part of his post.Which is why I S/Ced my Marauder.......but as far as comparing a Sable to the Marauder goes, well, what was he smokin'?

MarauderMark
03-05-2005, 02:55 PM
I agree with part of his post.Which is why I S/Ced my Marauder.......but as far as comparing a Sable to the Marauder goes, well, what was he smokin'?

It sure was'nt his tires.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BillyGman
03-05-2005, 03:00 PM
U can say that again brutha.....

Mike Poore
03-05-2005, 03:00 PM
He got banned for that post? Ouch.Actually, no. He was saying really outrageous things to THE Defyant wife. :rofl:

As for the Sable, I thought it looked a little better than the Tarass, but what mystifies me is they're dumping the Aviator. I know about the reports concerning service issues with the Aviator, but that's not been the case with the one we bought, and frankly, we think it's a sensational vehicle. I just wonder if we're talking about the gawdaful expense of the DOHC motor, and extrapolating further, is it (part of) the reason why they dumped the Marauder. I mean, did they just have a bunch of those engines lying around and thought they could use 'em up on those two models? I know it sounds crazy; but .....Remember all those motors they built for the 90 - 91 Cobras and never used? :dunno:

Mike Poore
03-05-2005, 03:15 PM
You guys gonna come to the BigBats doo for the big presentation?;)

MarauderMark
03-05-2005, 03:38 PM
You guys gonna come to the BigBats doo for the big presentation?;)

Tell me where and when Brutha and we'll be there..:up:

Patrick
03-06-2005, 07:37 AM

Do a little research and you can find out a bit more. Threads have been closed but still makes good reading!!!

Mike Poore
03-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Do a little research and you can find out a bit more. Threads have been closed but still makes good reading!!!
Hey Patrick? I like the new avitar, as the old one was driving me crazy trying to get a look at the lovely young thing.

Um, sorry guys.:Offtopic:

Sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs/polar bears alone. I'm still trying to figure out who/what got Logan so pi$$ed the night he kicked the bottle of Crown Royal, and started the wonderful thread about Jack Daniels & Single Malt Scotch. ;)

Donny Carlson
03-06-2005, 09:05 AM
A moment of silence, please...
The End is nigh for the Mighty Sable, and we shall mourn her passing.
I thought you were talkin about -

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/PHO/AAFW027.jpg

Patrick
03-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Hey Patrick? I like the new avitar, as the old one was driving me crazy trying to get a look at the lovely young thing.

Um, sorry guys.:Offtopic:

Sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs/polar bears alone. I'm still trying to figure out who/what got Logan so pi$$ed the night he kicked the bottle of Crown Royal, and started the wonderful thread about Jack Daniels & Single Malt Scotch. ;)

Thanks! I was getting dizzy too! So I thought I would bring this back for a while!

I still didnt get Logans thread about that. And I had just joined when all that other stuff was going on almost 3 yrs ago!! Well back to the sable.............

Patrick
03-06-2005, 12:55 PM
I thought you were talkin about -

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/PHO/AAFW027.jpg

....................Here is the.......... I like this better than the sable!!!!!!!!!!

jgc61sr2002
03-06-2005, 04:10 PM
....................Here is the.......... I like this better than the sable!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yea most definitely. :D

BillyGman
03-06-2005, 04:50 PM
....................Here is the.......... I like this better than the sable!!!!!!!!!!Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's a pic of the female wrestler who goes by the name of "Sable", so that was likely Donny's reason for posting the pic.

Patrick
03-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's a pic of the female wrestler who goes by the name of "Sable", so that was likely Donny's reason for posting the pic.

A wrestler...... Thats even better!!!!!!!!

Silver_04
03-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Sable? Sable...Sable...oh that's the awful loaner they always gave me when my Marauder was in the shop. Why don't they just get rid of the entire Mercury division at this point cause that division seems so redundant now.

David Morton
03-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Sable? Sable...Sable...oh that's the awful loaner they always gave me when my Marauder was in the shop. Why don't they just get rid of the entire Mercury division at this point cause that division seems so redundant now.Are you kidding? :bs:

Everything they have is a knock-off Ford with Mercury logos that sells for 5-10 grand more than the Ford equivalent. Plus the fact that their clientele are mostly old farts that bring the car in to the service department for repairs and never ask for an estimate or put any time limits on when they'll get it back!

Mercury has got to be one of FMC's most profitable divisions. :rolleyes:

Silver_04
03-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Are you kidding? :bs:

Everything they have is a knock-off Ford with Mercury logos that sells for 5-10 grand more than the Ford equivalent. Plus the fact that their clientele are mostly old farts that bring the car in to the service department for repairs and never ask for an estimate or put any time limits on when they'll get it back!

Mercury has got to be one of FMC's most profitable divisions. :rolleyes:

No I'm not kidding and you answered why. Mercury is now a useless brand with no identity that continues to pump out overpriced "knock offs" and yet continues to suffer from declining sales (1.8% market share in 2001 with a 3% decline in sales in '04 which repeats performances in '02 and '03. Can't find any numbers for this year). Also, because of how you so accurately portrayed the mostly incompetent Mercury service departments is precisely why Ford continues to get a bad reputation with people like me - and is one of the reasons I will no longer buy Ford products. Maybe the new "knock offs" will change things but I doubt it because they employ the same broke a$$ scheme...a Ford with a fancy grille and $3k added to the sticker. R.E. Olds is holding a seat for Mercury in the great forgotten automotive brand junkyard in the sky.

And you are only guessing at Mercury’s profitability. Gonna need to see some numbers to give your claim any validity chief. :flamer: Really, how profitable can continually declining sales be? It would be much better for Ford to take the money Mercury gets and infuse that capital into Ford division and Lincoln.

David Morton
03-09-2005, 05:19 PM
No I'm not kidding and you answered why. Mercury is now a useless brand with no identity that continues to pump out overpriced "knock offs" and yet continues to suffer from declining sales (1.8% market share in 2001 with a 3% decline in sales in '04 which repeats performances in '02 and '03. Can't find any numbers for this year). Also, because of how you so accurately portrayed the mostly incompetent Mercury service departments is precisely why Ford continues to get a bad reputation with people like me - and is one of the reasons I will no longer buy Ford products. Maybe the new "knock offs" will change things but I doubt it because they employ the same broke a$$ scheme...a Ford with a fancy grille and $3k added to the sticker. R.E. Olds is holding a seat for Mercury in the great forgotten automotive brand junkyard in the sky.

And you are only guessing at Mercury’s profitability. Gonna need to see some numbers to give your claim any validity chief. :flamer: Really, how profitable can continually declining sales be? It would be much better for Ford to take the money Mercury gets and infuse that capital into Ford division and Lincoln.Whatever floats your boat, I hope you didn't take it personally. I just watched 'em talk about the demise of Oldsmobile for ten or fifteeen years before it actually materialized; I've worked for all the GM division stores in my 30 years as a tech. and they were saying the same things about Olds back in '88. Bottom line was, the dealerships had those same clients I talked about and they were very profitable.

An unseen profit vehicle that the Japanese car companies taught the "Big Three" starting back in the '70's is the fact that they were not making profit on the sales of cars at all. What they were doing was getting those cars on the road so they could make profit from the sales of parts. That's why a Japanese cars' "dealer only" starter was $375 and vacuum check valve was $83. I'm not exaggerating, a vacuum check valve that sold for 89 cents for a El Camino was $83 for a Prism! I know that for a fact because I worked for a Chevrolet/GEO store and saw those prices in the parts books for Prisms and Metros. As long as Mercury has a bunch of parts to sell that are "dealer only" items, I predict the line will go on, and on, and on. Chromed Valve stems for $41.38 each, click here (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13871&highlight=valve+stems) if you don't believe me.

I have to disagree. From my experience Mercury has at least fifteen years to go, just as it's doing now, before we'll see it go the way of Oldmobile.

Have a nice day. :D