PDA

View Full Version : New addition to the family!

CRUZTAKER
03-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Jessica was bound and determined to get one of these...and today we went to the store to get some Star Wars pez dispensers for GAGE's upcoming 4th birthday party....and came home with this!:rolleyes:

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1423AVIATOR_002.jpg

It's a 2004 (last on the lot) loaded with every option Aviator. Gage loves the DVD and I personally am impressed with the vast amount of gadgets. 'Backup warning system' with auto adjusting mirrors in reverse.....who needs stuff like that????:cool:

It has a ton of power, but the shift points and pressures are worse than the Marauder ever was. Gotta call Lidio.:cool4:

I have to say, I think Jess and I did some serious negotiating on this one. We got 18k for her 2000 LS with 53k. We got the $9500 in incentive cash back as well. All in all, out the door, MSRP $47k....we managed to give up 23k over 6 years for this bad boy. Not to shabby, but the car payment just went up from $235/month to $385/month. And considering the poor economy as of late, that's gonna hurt. But hey, we only live once!

As it is with every new vehicle, it is missing stuff. And has some warranty issues right out of the package. All 4 wheel caps were replaced before we even left the lot. They appeared 'melted'??? The inside of the windshield on the passenger side appears as if someone took a brillo pad or scotch gaurd to remove something and is horribly scratched. We didn't catch that till we got home and took a joy ride. The remote and headsets for the DVD are missing, and for life of me I cannot find the card that has the keyless entry code so we can change it. Also missing valet key. It has quite a group of scratches on the left rear bumper edge where someone backed it across one of those yellow steel parking poles. I offered to take a cash discount in lieu of repair, but the sales manager declined....only later to find it wasn't gonna buff out. I told them...I am a master of scratch removal....now they're looking at atleast 3k to replace the entire bumper cover. Oh well...their loss.

I now have a set of 16" Lincoln wheels with Blizzacks for sale. Will post in classifieds once I get them from from the dealer.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1423AVIATOR_003-med.jpg

jgc61sr2002
03-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Barry & Jessica - Nice ride. :up: Congrats :D

Bluerauder
03-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Jessica was bound and determined to get one of these...and today we went to the store to get some Star Wars pez dispensers for GAGE's upcoming 4th birthday party....and came home with this!:rolleyes:
Dang ... that is a pretty nice Pez Dispenser !!! :rofl: I was looking at a Dark Blue Pearl Aviator to match my MM. Just ain't ready to make the jump yet. Mike has been urging and pushing little by little by bringing his to our CAM meets. :D

Uh Oh .... the plates on that Aviator came off the Lincoln LS. :(

Bowman9
03-05-2005, 06:54 PM
But did you get the Star Wars pez dispensers?

Nice ride, enjoy.

CRUZTAKER
03-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh what size is the motor and whats the hp rated at?
You're kidding right....:rolleyes:

MM2004
03-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Good lookin' ride man! :bows:

We have an '04 Mountaineer that is looooaaaded and enjoy it immensely.

Hope you have great luck with it.

Happy motoring!

Mike.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1423AVIATOR_002.jpg

It's a 2004 (last on the lot) loaded with every option Aviator. Gage loves the DVD and I personally am impressed with the vast amount of gadgets. 'Backup warning system' with auto adjusting mirrors in reverse.....who needs stuff like that????:cool:

It has a ton of power, but the shift points and pressures are worse than the Marauder ever was. Gotta call Lidio.:cool4:

I have to say, I think Jess and I did some serious negotiating on this one. We got 18k for her 2000 LS with 53k. We got the $9500 in incentive cash back as well. All in all, out the door, MSRP $47k....we managed to give up 23k over 6 years for this bad boy. Not to shabby, but the car payment just went up from $235/month to $385/month. And considering the poor economy as of late, that's gonna hurt. But hey, we only live once!

As it is with every new vehicle, it is missing stuff. And has some warranty issues right out of the package. All 4 wheel caps were replaced before we even left the lot. They appeared 'melted'??? The inside of the windshield on the passenger side appears as if someone took a brillo pad or scotch gaurd to remove something and is horribly scratched. We didn't catch that till we got home and took a joy ride. The remote and headsets for the DVD are missing, and for life of me I cannot find the card that has the keyless entry code so we can change it. Also missing valet key. It has quite a group of scratches on the left rear bumper edge where someone backed it across one of those yellow steel parking poles. I offered to take a cash discount in lieu of repair, but the sales manager declined....only later to find it wasn't gonna buff out. I told them...I am a master of scratch removal....now they're looking at atleast 3k to replace the entire bumper cover. Oh well...their loss.

I now have a set of 16" Lincoln wheels with Blizzacks for sale. Will post in classifieds once I get them from from the dealer.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1423AVIATOR_003-med.jpg

Patrick
03-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Sweet!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

CRUZTAKER
03-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Are there any members here that have one as well?

We have atleast a dozen questions about the vehicle that the dealer couldn't answer.

I'd hate to go to another forum....I like it here. :D

Haggis
03-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Are there any members here that have one as well?

We have atleast a dozen questions about the vehicle that the dealer couldn't answer.

I'd hate to go to another forum....I like it here. :D

Barry PM Mike Poore, he and his wife Barb have an Aviator.

Looking good Jessica, now your styling and profiling. :2thumbs:

mpearce
03-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Congrats guys! Nice ride!

Happy Birthday Gage!

:party:

-Mat

BillyGman
03-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Hmmm, those are pretty nice looking. I don't think that I've ver seen one before although I've certainly heard about them. I don't know anything about them since I was never in the market for an SUV, but it looks nice.

Mike Poore
03-06-2005, 05:49 AM
Barbie's all smiles.
Jessica's gonna LOVE it, she says.
It's a "chick" car y'know, so you're to stay out of it, and don't go messing with stuff.
Jessica can talk to Barb, about all the cool changes in the various user programs.
Isn't that 5sp a dream?
Just wait until this summer when you get to use the bun coolers, and don't forget about the air filters in the seat(s).

Ok, Charlie, you're next, then Gordon.
Think: Marauder on steroids. :D

CBT
03-06-2005, 06:05 AM
Cruz, if there was a prize for the best tags on vehicles owned, you'd win.

CRUZTAKER
03-06-2005, 08:16 AM
..... and don't forget about the air filters in the seat(s).

Huh?

We started reading the owner's manual last night, but haven't run into that one yet.

The window sticker had been (dealer) removed and has now been misplaced, so learning exactly what features it actually has is a bit of a sherlock holmes kinda thing.

I did however snag a copy of the dealers price sheet when he left the office yesterday, and found it this morning. Apparently the sticker price was $49.9 as a result of some of the additions.

It does have the class-III towing package, and it IS equiped AWD. I guess the AWD is why it has the 3:73 standard non-lsd gear set. I notice that although it has the Marauder's 4.6l DOHC that outwardly appears exactly like ours, it does NOT come with dual exhaust. I wonder if it is an undercarriage space issue. I wonder if the KOOKS would fit.:rolleyes:

And Mike....you have a safe trip. Now that you are in Ohio, even though you're an hour south of Columbus, I am sure we will see you this summer. I hope you make it up here for EAM-III as well.

Mike Poore
03-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Huh?

It does have the class-III towing package, and it IS equiped AWD. I guess the AWD is why it has the 3:73 standard non-lsd gear set. I notice that although it has the Marauder's 4.6l DOHC that outwardly appears exactly like ours, it does NOT come with dual exhaust. I wonder if it is an undercarriage space issue. I wonder if the KOOKS would fit.:rolleyes:

And Mike....you have a safe trip. Now that you are in Ohio, even though you're an hour south of Columbus, I am sure we will see you this summer. I hope you make it up here for EAM-III as well.
Barry and all. It's NOT ME/US that's going to Ohio, it's John, our son. The seat filters are for the bun coolers/warmers in the seats. Those tiny little holes in the seats? That's where the cool/warm air for your hiney comes from; and it is, of course, filtered. What would you expect? It's not a car, it's a Lincoln. That's what our sales "advisor" advised us.

Once again, Barb is warning you to stop messing with Jessica's new Lincoln. Her service advisor will have the things touched that need touching. Your job, she says, is to keep it clean and shiney for Jessica at all times, otherwise ....:nono: About your Lido plan? :eek: Don't even think about it, she says.

Petrograde
03-06-2005, 09:11 AM
hmm,.. spare motor for the MM? Ya know,.. just in case! :P

Nice ride man! :UP:

Bluerauder
03-06-2005, 10:46 AM
hmm,.. spare motor for the MM? Ya know,.. just in case! :P :UP:
Yep, parts is parts !!! :rofl:

TechHeavy
03-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey Barry, would the Trilogy S/C work on it? It's the same engine right? How cool would that be! Maybe run 13s in an Aviator? :D :D :banana2: :beer:

CRUZTAKER
03-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Hey Barry, would the Trilogy S/C work on it? It's the same engine right? How cool would that be! Maybe run 13s in an Aviator? :D :D :banana2: :beer:
I dunno....

I need to remove the engine beauty cover and take a closer look. So far it appears that the Aviator actually has the Mach-1 arrangement as the intake faces oposite that of the Marauder. I'll pull the copver next week. But here is a pic.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tddetails vAlign=top align=left>http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1423AVIATOR1_003_Large_.jpg </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1423AVIATOR1_004_Large_.jpg

CRUZTAKER
03-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Some interior shots....

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1423AVIATOR1_002_Large_.jpg

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tddetails vAlign=top align=left>http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1423AVIATOR1_001_Large_.jpg </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I am off to the baby store to upgrade Gage's seat. He is big enough for a booster with the OEM seatbelts now. That means I need to obtain a teather kit for the child seat as the seat belts will be used for him now.

We were disappointed however that there are no center of the seat mounting locations in this vehicle. He will always be close to a door, even in the 2nd row rear.:(

jgc61sr2002
03-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Barry - That DVD player is an excellent option. :D

Mike Poore
03-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Some interior shots....

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1423AVIATOR1_002_Large_.jpg

:(

Um, Barry? Is that mud on the break pedal; Barb wants to know? :rofl:

Also, I recall some stuff for the child seat. Take a look under that lift-up hatch right behind the third row seat.

Is that the coolest ride, or what?

Just wait until Jessica starts telling you stories about ricer kills. Barb says they come burping up behind her with those fart cans puffing away, and when they get beside her .....dog meat! Then she slows down & lets 'em pass; sometimes they smile & give her thumbs up. Sometimes they go past acting like nothing happened.:D

bigslim
03-06-2005, 09:12 PM
I myself like the LS better but can understand you getting an Aviator. Having owned a LS I know first hand that they "SUCK" in the snow. Good luck with your new vehicle and "Thank You for Supporting my Company". ;)

TheFlatlander
03-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Really cool, that is the same vehicle that I would like to have for the other half. They are going to change the platform on those and make them based on a car in the future and Ii don't think it's for the better. If I am not mistaken it is the same base motor as the Marauder.

CRUZTAKER
03-07-2005, 05:56 AM
Having owned a LS I know first hand that they "SUCK" in the snow. Good luck with your new vehicle and "Thank You for Supporting my Company". ;)
Jessica's LS was equiped with (4) snow tires mounted on 16's for the last 3 winters. It handled wonderfully, with only a few issues on steep inclines. Hers weren't studded like mine.

We hope the Aviator does well in the snow. I know it's AWD, but the all season tires do not impress me after being spoiled with Blizzacks all these years.

HEY MIKE!

WE HAVE A QUESTION OF YOU....

Is there supposed to be a retractable cover in the rear area? I notice spots on either side of the rear panels that indicate that a cover of some sort should be there. It would cover the storage area when the 3rd seat was folded down, much like the cover on a hatchback car covers the trunk area.

Mike Poore
03-07-2005, 06:20 AM
hmm,.. spare motor for the MM? Ya know,.. just in case! :P

Nice ride man! :UP:

Boy, that one set Barb to howling! :argh:

You guys need to stop doing stuff like that; as you have no idea what I have to put up with.:hide:
"What YOU have to put up with", she said ;)

Mike Poore
03-07-2005, 06:27 AM
HEY MIKE!

WE HAVE A QUESTION OF YOU....

Is there supposed to be a retractable cover in the rear area? I notice spots on either side of the rear panels that indicate that a cover of some sort should be there. It would cover the storage area when the 3rd seat was folded down, much like the cover on a hatchback car covers the trunk area.
Yes, at least Barb's '03 has one. Did you find the window sticker? If not you can go to Ford's website and print one out, then see if it's listed as standard, or an option.
I wonder if Jessica's has been "decontented" like the '04 Marauders.:rofl: .

wchain
03-07-2005, 09:23 AM
you know, Aviator, MM and Mach1s have identical engines...maybe Jess needs some parts for her car.....

Hehehe....

Looks good Barry. Are we invited to the party?

CRUZTAKER
03-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Yes, at least Barb's '03 has one. Did you find the window sticker? If not you can go to Ford's website and print one out, then see if it's listed as standard, or an option.
I wonder if Jessica's has been "decontented" like the '04 Marauders.:rofl: .
Spoke with a dealer out here on Rochester road in Michigan tonight. He says the cover is an option item on the '04s. You'd figure for as much as these things cost, the piddly shat would be included. :shake:

And yes WES, you are quite invited.
Borrow the bosses jet again and fly up here for the EAM-III meet in May. It would be outstanding to have you here!!!

jgc61sr2002
03-07-2005, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=CRUZTAKER]Spoke with a dealer out here on Rochester road in Michigan tonight. He says the cover is an option item on the '04s. You'd figure for as much as these things cost, the piddly shat would be included. :shake:

Barry - That's typical FMC :bs: decontenting. :(

B.C. Bake
03-07-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what all that white stuff is on the ground???;)