PDA

View Full Version : Most fun I've had with my Marauder...

MENINBLK
03-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Had sort of a kill today, or at least I thought it was until this happened...

Pull up to a stop light on the Bronx River Parkway.
To the right of me was a Nissan Maxima. Not a new one, but probably about 5 years old.
The windows are tinted so dark you couldn't see anything.
While I'm, sitting there, the guys turn on their interior light, and I can see three people in the car.
They are pointing at my Marauder, and talking to themselves.
They start creeping towards the white line, in anticipation of the light turning green.

I sat there, talking it all in, drinking my nice hot Venti White Chocolate Mocha, when the light turns green !
They take off, and I start counting...1...2...3...GO !!!

I must have left rubber for 50ft or more when I let the pedal go!
When I caught up to them, I was still spinning the tires!
(Billy would have been proud!)
I got past them and stopped accelerating when I got to 45.
They followed me to the next light and pulled alongside my driver's side...

Two guys were laughing in the car, the driver looked pi$$ed.
The passenger said to me, "You got lucky on that one. Let me see you do it again!"
I looked at him and said, "I won't do it for less than $20."
CA-CHING !! $20 bill comes out the window!!

So when the light turned green, I commenced the encore presentation.

Easiest $20 I made in my life, and I had the most fun doing it!

johnfain
03-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Yonkers - I am from White Plains originally, left in 87' is the BRP still the same or expanded/improved?

Nice on the $20.00

MENINBLK
03-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Yonkers - I am from White Plains originally, left in 87' is the BRP still the same or expanded/improved?

Nice on the $20.00

BRP is still the same. Potholes, Flooding, Accidents and Bicycling Sundays...
Yonkers, & White Plains has rebuilt some of the bridge crossing, but it is basically the same.
Speed Limit is 40 - 45 all the way through now...

johnfain
03-07-2005, 09:15 PM
That sucks ass man. I remember it being exactly as you describe. That speed limit must test your will power and patience when driving, considering what you are driving.

Not to digress but - what one-offs or mods are on your car? You said you laid 50ft?

BRP is still the same. Potholes, Flooding, Accidents and Bicycling Sundays...
Yonkers, & White Plains has rebuilt some of the bridge crossing, but it is basically the same.
Speed Limit is 40 - 45 all the way through now...

MENINBLK
03-07-2005, 09:28 PM
That sucks ass man. I remember it being exactly as you describe. That speed limit must test your will power and patience when driving, considering what you are driving.

Not to digress but - what one-offs or mods are on your car? You said you laid 50ft?

My Marauder is mostly stock.
I just took off my snows today and I am running fresh KDWS in the rear.
The only major mod I have is the K&N AirCharger/DryCharger,
and I've just recently changed the oil, and treated the fuel to a bottle of Gumout Regane
about 500 miles ago, so she is running in top shape.

My next investment is going to be a programmer, so I can goose the HP a little more
without getting all into the mechanics just yet.
Later this year, or the early part of next year, I may go all out and redo the intake and exhaust,
but I want the car to remain a sleeper, and look and sound totally stock.

The most challenging part of the Bronx River Parkway is being able
to drive the entire length at a steady 45MPH.
Turns twists, traffic and deer...

BillyGman
03-07-2005, 10:02 PM
LOL....nice story ......I wish someone would start throwing money out of there window for me. Too many freebies on my part I guess. :D

Patrick
03-08-2005, 02:25 AM
LOL....nice story ......I wish someone would start throwing money out of there window for me. Too many freebies on my part I guess. :D

When I make it up that way, your on!!!!!!!!!!
:burn: :lol:

Haggis
03-08-2005, 04:37 AM
...Easiest $20 I made in my life, and I had the most fun doing it!

Nice kill!!! :2thumbs:

martyo
03-08-2005, 05:32 AM

I live in White Plains now! I spend a lot of time in teh ATL. Why don't you come to the Sunday breakfasts in Atlanta?

MarauderMark
03-08-2005, 05:48 AM
They got alot of money in NY cause in philly it's usually a body or a gun that comes out of a window..Which can be a good incentive as well. :burn: .

BillyGman
03-08-2005, 07:47 AM
They got alot of money in NY :burn: .that's cuz Marty lives there......the local economy was greatly improved just from him hiring all of his house servants alone.

mpearce
03-08-2005, 07:52 AM
I used to drive the BRP often when I lived in White Plains. Where I lived was West Harrison actually. I worked at the Westchester Co. Airport for 2 years. Nice kill.

-Mat

Amsoil_Dealer
03-08-2005, 08:27 AM
"Most fun I've had with my Marauder..."

When I saw the title to this thread I tought "hey wait a minute, this is a family web site" but then I figured it out.

$20 to do a burn out. You not only shamed that guy, you added insult to injury by making him pay. Tsk, tsk, tsk,.

ADE 1000
03-08-2005, 11:28 AM
I just took off my snows today and I am running fresh KDWS in the rear.

I noticed that you have the Pirelli Scorpions. How did you like them? I have them myself and I have been impressed with them. The dry weather performance is a lot better than I anticipated.

ckadiddle
03-08-2005, 11:36 AM
"Most fun I've had with my Marauder..."

When I saw the title to this thread I tought "hey wait a minute, this is a family web site" but then I figured it out.

$20 to do a burn out. You not only shamed that guy, you added insult to injury by making him pay. Tsk, tsk, tsk,.
Hmmm...enough 20 buck burnouts will buy new rear tires......

merc
03-08-2005, 11:45 AM
:rofl: You made money racing on the street !!!! and Martyo thinks that buys you a ticket to Atlanta :rofl: Only in America :banana2: Nice Kill Story :beer:

Krytin
03-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Way to go -see you Sunday!