PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone think of this?

mpearce
03-08-2005, 08:20 AM
I ran into this link today, and I figured you all would appreciate it.

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/mustang_gt-r.asp

If you scroll down to the bottom, there are a bunch of other pictures.

-Mat

Haggis
03-08-2005, 08:43 AM

-Mat

Nice Mat...real cool. So when are you going to buy me one, soon I hope? :D

blackf0rk
03-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Saw this a long time ago. It looks real cool, but not my style - looks a little too ricey to me; the Ricestang GTR :P

Rider90
03-08-2005, 11:13 AM
I say it is aimed at attracting the younger crowd that is into many bright colors. Looking at the pics all I can think of is that one isle in Autozone with custom horns, door lock knobs, and "TYPE R" stickers except they must shop at a nicer auto zone.

IMHO It would look nice without the wing, but the interior really turns me off because I can tell it would not be comfortable and would not make sense for a daily driver. Too many accessories that just don't match rings the word "Crap" in my head. I also like the factory gauge delete covers they used so they can bring a closer, older, non styled cluster of bright LED blinding night light :rolleyes:

**Just my $.02**

BK_GrandMarquis
03-08-2005, 11:22 AM

-Mat

I think there were a few of these race ready version on Speed channel this past weekend. It was pretty much a race between the BMW M3's and the Mustangs. There was a bit of trading leads between a couple of each but the Mustang eventually came out on top. The Mustangs didn't have any major problems that I could see. Two M3's break a rear end or gear box trying to compete for 1st.

Patrick
03-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Thats next on my list after MM paid for!!! Or sumtin close!!!!!!!!

MarauderMark
03-08-2005, 11:51 AM
I wonder if the 5.0 cammer motor swap will be for our cars as well..

Bluerauder
03-08-2005, 01:03 PM
It looks real cool, but not my style - looks a little too ricey to me; the Ricestang GTR :P
Ageee with ^^^^^^. I also am not real thrilled with that big wing on the rear nor the side exhaust that looks glued on and out-of-character for the cars scheme.

CBT
03-08-2005, 01:09 PM
I'd like to have one, I would pound that thing into the ground doing burnouts! After I slapped that erector set wing off the back....

FiveO
03-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Looks more like a 2005 Mustang...than a 2004.

Bit ricey for me...

mpearce
03-08-2005, 03:57 PM
I like to see the difference in opinions. I'm not much of a mustang guy myself. I do like the new body style, but the "dragstrip crowd" that usually attaches itself to the Mustangs sometimes turn out to be very classless individuals.

I do however like the "race car" look. That car certianly isn't a daily driver, and certianly isn't intended to please an interested customer at a dealership. That car is purely a racing machine. I like the empty tubbed out look. I like the little storage bin for the battery.

Some of you may already know, but what do you suppose is in the bottle in the back? Also, I see two intake pipes, each entering the intake from opposite sides. Do you think thats cold air induction from where the road lights would normally be? Anyone have ideas?

-Mat

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-08-2005, 04:01 PM
The color and the wing make me want to hurl chunks. :puke:

jgc61sr2002
03-08-2005, 05:17 PM
I also agree that wing looks a bit ricey. :down:

Warpath
03-09-2005, 09:50 AM
...IMHO It would look nice without the wing, but the interior really turns me off because I can tell it would not be comfortable and would not make sense for a daily driver. Too many accessories that just don't match rings the word "Crap" in my head. I also like the factory gauge delete covers they used so they can bring a closer, older, non styled cluster of bright LED blinding night light :rolleyes:

**Just my $.02**

You miss the point. It isn't a daily driver. The LEDs are (to paraphrase) integrated gauges including the tachometer, gear selections, telemetry and warning signals. Only the oil pressure and water temperature gauges are located on the instrument panel. That's much better than what is normally in the dash.

I wonder if the 5.0 cammer motor swap will be for our cars as well..

The cammer should be a drop in except for the intake as long as you have the $10k - $15k for it.