PDA

View Full Version : cvpi

Vortex
03-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Something Ive always wondered, can anybody just walk in and buy a new CVPI? If not, what are the "rules"?

Joe Walsh
03-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Not in Maryland...although a friend of mine got a 'brand new' CVPI originally destined for the County Police Dept. until it got damaged in a bad hailstorm.
He picked it up at an auction, payed Dent Doctor @ $1,000 to fix the dents and VOILA!....one relatively cheap, new, civilian CVPI!

JohnnyB
03-12-2005, 05:06 AM
A civilian cannot buy a "new" CVPI from a dealership unless the car was initially damaged at the dealership and the police dep't/gov't agency does not make the purchase.

Vortex
03-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Interesting...thanks for the info.

Embassy
03-12-2005, 09:52 AM
As others have said, you cannot walk into the showroom and order one. However, you can purchase one that was damaged during delivery and has been repaired. The title is now considered "used" even though it is a new vehicle.

Finally, there is a member on CVN who is able to purchase new P71s for buyers.

His screen name is GreenP.

Ross
03-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Talk about ridiculous! You can't order a new CVPI, but you can walk in and buy a MM which outperforms the CVPI? Does anybody else see this as being kind of goofy?

MarauderMark
03-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Talk about ridiculous! You can't order a new CVPI, but you can walk in and buy a MM which outperforms the CVPI? Does anybody else see this as being kind of goofy?

A couple (2) of people i know in philly says the got em right off the truck when they came in and also said that you can buy them in philly...I really don't know .if i hadn't bought the MM the cvpi wouldv'e been in the driveway instead..

hitchhiker
03-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Something Ive always wondered, can anybody just walk in and buy a new CVPI? If not, what are the "rules"?

Sometimes new CVPI's come up on ebay with only a few 'delivery' miles.

I have a search setup on ebay for 'Police Crown Vics'

Link: http://motors.search.ebay.com/Police_Ford_W0QQcatrefZC3QQcom bineZyQQfclZ3QQfromZR2QQfromZR 9QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ8QQsacatZ6010Q QsamcmZ6001QQsaspiZ2

Regards,

David

THE_INTERCEPTOR
03-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Sometimes new CVPI's come up on ebay with only a few 'delivery' miles.

Mine had 000,013 miles when I got it. :D :) :coolman:

bobbyc
03-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Interesting...thanks for the info.
Depending on where you live in TX if the town has a volunteer fire dept. and the chief is cool, have them order you the car with the color/options etc. you want. When it arrives, they transfer the title to you for a nominal fee. This worked for me when I got a new 1990 Caprice (last one before the bubble car) with an injected 350.